Wand UAC gear? 02/07/2018 01:31 AM CST
I had a thought the other day, wand bows are pretty neat. Why isn't there some type of handworn and footworn UAC gear that could act in the same manner. Load with treasure generated wands and get that type of flare for so many charges? I love my realm flaring gear but its not enchantable by wizards and sometimes I'd rather have a certain type of flare for a specific type of creature. Not to mention it would be nice to have some more fun UAC gear to play with. I love hoarding all the fun UAC gear I can get my hands (and feet) on!
Re: Wand UAC gear? 02/07/2018 09:48 AM CST
<Load with treasure generated wands and get that type of flare for so many charges? I love my realm flaring gear but its not enchantable by wizards and sometimes I'd rather have a certain type of flare for a specific type of creature. >

If they worked like this (being able to load any type of wand into them and get that flare), they'd be worth having. If they work like wand bows actually do (each one limited to a specific type of flare), I'm not so sure.

Just about every merchant event that's happened since UAC was released has had gloves with common flares, so they're not exactly hard to come by. Of course, it would be nice to have gear that flared every time like wand bows do when hunting tomb trolls...

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Wand UAC gear? 02/07/2018 02:55 PM CST
<If they worked like this (being able to load any type of wand into them and get that flare), they'd be worth having. If they work like wand bows actually do (each one limited to a specific type of flare), I'm not so sure.

Just about every merchant event that's happened since UAC was released has had gloves with common flares, so they're not exactly hard to come by. Of course, it would be nice to have gear that flared every time like wand bows do when hunting tomb trolls...>

Yeah I think them being multi-wand capable would be a bit much to ask for but I know my monk would buy every wand type that became available. As a Voln monk I already carry around multiple sets of gear to hunt undead and living. I guess my biggest gripe about UAC gear is the limited supply of 5x+ flaring gear. I'd love a set of wand gloves/boots that I could wizard enchant to 7x, load them with a specific wand(again have them work the same as current wand bows), ensorcell them, and still be able to utilize them wand-less for non-flaring blessable UAC gear. Before anyone says "but you can enchant flaring stuff now" Yes wizards can enchant flaring items but even my near capped wizard doesn't have the lore required and its not a service you see many wizards offering.