Flaring (and equipment) 10/12/2016 01:35 PM CDT
Can we please get the penalty for flaring removed when you don't have multiple pieces of flaring gear? Halving the flare rate with a regular set of gloves is exceptionally frustrating especially as a class that has access to weapon boosters (paladin, warrior, bard). Imagine if putting on arm greaves reduces the flares of your armor (on arms) by 1/2 because that's what we're dealing with. I propose we treat it exactly how armor is treated and only reduce the chance if the weapon has some other property (flaring, weighted, etc). I realize it may be more difficult due to all the scripts available on weapons but surely there's some solution.
Re: Flaring (and equipment) 10/19/2016 01:21 AM CDT

There are a lot of misconceptions about the "penalty for flaring", and I think you may have run into them. Let me clarify (its all good news, things might actually work the way you want).

There is never a flaring penalty for flaring boots.

There is only a flaring penalty for flaring gloves, if you are holding a Cestus, Knuckle-blade, Knuckle-duster, Paingrip, Razorpaw, Tiger-claw, Yierka-spur (which are the weapons that can possibly affect the damage of your UAC attack. You do not get the flaring penalty if your are not holding one of those weapons (for instance you would not get the flaring penalty if you were holding a katar or a fist-s thingie.
Re: Flaring (and equipment) 10/19/2016 01:25 AM CDT

The reason why you dont get the penalty is cause you never get it for boots, and for gloves you get the flare rate 1/n.

Check what happens if n=1 (meaning you do not have "multiple" equipment INVOLVED WITH THE ATTACK (for instance you got gloves and boots, but only the gloves are INVOLVED with the attack).

1/1 = 1. So your flaring rate is 100% if n=1.

Here is a thread confirming the math by recording flare rate:
http://forum.gsplayers.com/archive/index.php/t-88130.html
"item: myklian gloves, flare: grapple, swings: 100, procs: 20, percent: 20.00%]"

In other words, flaring gloves got 20 flares in 100 swings. Thats the full flare rate.

I hope that my posts put some of the misconceptions to rest. If you dont use Cestus, Knuckle-blade, Knuckle-duster, Paingrip, Razorpaw, Tiger-claw, Yierka-spur you dont even have to think about reduced flare rate.