Random Musings 03/08/2016 06:31 PM CST
Hiya Finros,

I know you've mentioned a couple of places that you aren't a big fan of UCS weapons. But I've ran into a couple of spots where I have to use them because of creature mechanics. (lesser vruul for example)

Any chance of updating mechanics that block brawling/melee on creatures to be useable with UAC?

And... any chance of updating Silent Strike to be useable with UAC? I believe a few other cmans were updated for use with UAC (maybe old qstrike) but can't recall which one off the top of my head.

Thanks!
Re: Random Musings 03/09/2016 12:32 AM CST
>But I've ran into a couple of spots where I have to use them because of creature mechanics. (lesser vruul for example)

Yes, Vruul are intentionally immune to unarmed combat, a holdover from their original immunity to Fu. I don't anticipate changing that; some creatures are simply immune to certain attack forms for design or flavor reasons.

>And... any chance of updating Silent Strike to be useable with UAC?

Sure. I'll add that to my list.
Re: Random Musings 03/09/2016 11:48 AM CST
>> some creatures are simply immune to certain attack forms for design or flavor reasons.

It was rather amusing when I kept trying to attack them and not understanding what was happening. Then I was :(

>> silent strike

>>> Sure. I'll add that to my list.

Thanks Finros!
Re: Random Musings 03/23/2016 12:57 PM CDT
<<Yes, Vruul are intentionally immune to unarmed combat, a holdover from their original immunity to Fu. I don't anticipate changing that; some creatures are simply immune to certain attack forms for design or flavor reasons.>>

Hi GM Finros

Davard of Talador was also immune to UAC. :)

Any chance that smite might be made to work from hiding like punch, grapple, and kick?

Wolfloner's player

Steve
Re: Random Musings 04/24/2016 05:50 PM CDT
>Any chance that smite might be made to work from hiding like punch, grapple, and kick?

Work in what way? It does work from hiding with the standard ambushing advantages if you have appropriate training. You can't aim it because it doesn't hit a specific body part.