MM and EPB 03/07/2016 04:00 PM CST
I'd just like to confirm that spells or abilities that reduce a target'd EPB chances also increase your MM against them. For example, does Sunfist's Sigil of Distraction result in a nice MM boost? I'd test it, but MM is so hard to pin down.

Droit

Speaking to you, Ceyrin asks, "Do you spontaneously come back to life when you die?"
Speaking to you, Ceyrin says, "Because I do."
You say, "Yes. I have a condition called Annoraxia.""
Re: MM and EPB 03/07/2016 10:56 PM CST
>I'd just like to confirm that spells or abilities that reduce a target'd EPB chances also increase your MM against them.

To be more precise, it increases your average MM by lowering the maximum possible reduction to MM via the EBP component.
Re: MM and EPB 03/08/2016 04:57 AM CST
>For example, does Sunfist's Sigil of Distraction result in a nice MM boost? I'd test it, but MM is so hard to pin down.

It depends on the level of the critter. If you are distracting a lesser orc, its not going to have any effect because the possible size of the MM reduction is virtually zero and halving zero is still zero.

If the critter has levels on you, then the MM reduction is potentially pretty large, and things that reduce it could have sizeable effects.

Status effects will have indirect effects as well as any direct effect they have. Stun a kobold and you'll just see the MM effect from stunning. Stun a big nasty and you'll see a decrease in the random reduction related to EBP as well.

If you want to pin down MM effects, use kobolds as test subjects to get the direct ones, and then you can factor those out and see the indirect EBP factor in play on tests against high level targets. With EBP you are affecting the limit of a random roll, so it requires quite a lot of data, while you only need to jab a kobold once to see the direct ones. Its actually probably easier to do the testing with a low level character, so you don't have to worry about BCS level variation affecting the results on like level critters. See the sort of MM variance a level 2 character gets against a lesser orc, and then distract for them.