UAC and Forging Bonuses 01/27/2016 08:15 PM CST
Finros,

When UAC was released you said you'd consider letting forged weapons affect it, but I don't think I ever heard an update. I know the system isn't supposed to encourage weapon use, but doesn't it seem odd that UAC is the only physical combat system that doesn't take crafting bonuses into account? Shouldn't brawlers have gear customization options?

Ideally, I'd love for crafted weapons to add +1/+2/+3 MM in addition to +2/+4/+6% DF, but I'd be happy with some UAF instead--though I think the nature of the formula warrants at least a +2/+4/+6.

Thanks,

Droit

Speaking to you, Ceyrin asks, "Do you spontaneously come back to life when you die?"
Speaking to you, Ceyrin says, "Because I do."
You say, "Yes. I have a condition called Annoraxia.""
Re: UAC and Forging Bonuses 01/27/2016 08:44 PM CST
Or if one can cobble up some UAC boots/gloves, and have skill affect quality.

Yeah?

-The mind behind Rowmi's eyes.
Re: UAC and Forging Bonuses 01/27/2016 09:31 PM CST
>When UAC was released you said you'd consider letting forged weapons affect it, but I don't think I ever heard an update. I know the system isn't supposed to encourage weapon use, but doesn't it seem odd that UAC is the only physical combat system that doesn't take crafting bonuses into account? Shouldn't brawlers have gear customization options?

I'll be honest here -- if I were doing it again, I would have disallowed brawling weapons entirely. As it is, I'm reluctant to do anything that improves their status in the system.

However, I entirely agree on gear customization. Ideally I'd like to implement a leatherworking AG skill for leather and cloth armors, boots, and gloves. (That overloads "leatherworking" somewhat, but I probably wouldn't want to split down into too many subskills). That isn't to say that such a skill is coming anytime soon, because it isn't, but I would like more customization for the actual unarmed gear.
Re: UAC and Forging Bonuses 03/02/2016 03:45 PM CST
Is the final word on 'forging bonus' that it provides no benefit when using UAC attacks? Instead of benefit, perhaps reducing the MM penalty by up to 3 for perfect forging? I would really like to see a system to 'forge'/discover/consecrate hand and foot wraps though the aforementioned suggestion of forging benefits would possibly take less work.
Re: UAC and Forging Bonuses 03/02/2016 06:21 PM CST
>Is the final word on 'forging bonus' that it provides no benefit when using UAC attacks?

Pretty much, yes. As I've noted multiple times, unarmed combat is not really intended for use with held brawling weapons. I don't particularly want to add bonuses, or even mitigation to penalties, to that aspect.