UAC Mstrike Roundtime 09/15/2015 03:46 AM CDT
You attempt to punch a greater orc!
You have good positioning against a greater orc.
UAF: 113 vs UDF: 128 = 0.882 * MM: 104 + d100: 33 = 124
... and hit for 25 points of damage!
Strike to shoulder blade briefly staggers foe!
The greater orc is stunned!
Roundtime: 3 sec.

Okay, 3 seconds for a punch. What if I want to do 2 punches?

With instinctive motions, you weave to and fro striking with deliberate and unrelenting fury!
You attempt to punch a darkwoode!
You have good positioning against a darkwoode.
UAF: 93 vs UDF: 153 = 0.607 * MM: 98 + d100: 6 = 65
A close miss!
You attempt to punch a greater orc!
You have good positioning against a greater orc.
UAF: 113 vs UDF: 89 = 1.269 * MM: 104 + d100: 58 = 190
... and hit for 38 points of damage!
Wild swing heavily impacts left forearm, fracturing the bone!
Your series of strikes and ripostes leaves you off-balance and out of position.
You are beginning to feel a little fatigued.
Roundtime: 8 sec.

(I already had jabbed both creatures earlier, so no free jabs for me).

How is it that a Mstrike of two punches takes 2 seconds longer than the two punches by themselves would have?

Fyonn's player
Re: UAC Mstrike Roundtime 09/15/2015 07:39 AM CDT
>How is it that a Mstrike of two punches takes 2 seconds longer than the two punches by themselves would have?

Thats the way UAC mstrike is designed to be. If you don't get free jabs, the RT at 2 strike level is vry high, and the RT at 3 strike level is high, compared to single shots. At 4 strikes the RT plunges but at 2 and 3 its designed to be horrible.

Also you may be encumbered but have the AGIDEX to counter all the RT loss for the single punch but not the double and are taking a 1s penalty pushing you from 7 to 8 on the double. 7s is the normal double punch RT in my experience.

Kick doesn't progress quite so horribly. You may prefer to use kick over punch in mstrike even where you prefer punch for single attacks, but I reckon its 90 ranks for the focussed quadstrike to make UAC mstrike usable once the free jabs are used up.
Re: UAC Mstrike Roundtime 09/16/2015 06:42 AM CDT
I changed my mind on this.

I now think its actually 9s for two punches, and you were getting a reduction of 1 from AGIDEX (and you can reduce 2 or 3 strikes to sensible RT if you have high enough AGIDEX)

I still think the UAC MSTRIKE design leads to the sort of silly RT you got at low to moderate level and training, but an agile race can get sensible RT from modest MOC at high level.
Re: UAC Mstrike Roundtime 09/17/2015 06:03 AM CDT
Yo get the UAC mstrike roundtime I think you need to add 3 to what the weapon roundtime would be

Roundtime = Weapon Speed + ((Number of Strikes - 1) * (Weapon Speed / 2)) +1 for weapons
Roundtime = Weapon Speed + ((Number of Strikes - 1) * (Weapon Speed / 2)) +4 for UAC

Another way of expressing this would be to say that UAC attacks are assumed to be 2s longer than they actually are for the purpose of calculating the basic Mstrike (and possibly later ones, but it hits the cap at 3 strikes so its impossible to say just how much extra time is being assessed beyond the basic Mstrike) Or it might be the due to UAC being treated as a form of TWC (though the extra RT applies whether or not you have a shield in your left hand and whether or not you have TWC training).

The consequence is that you will see silly roundtimes unless: i) you have at least 4s of AGIDEX bonus (3s might be borderline acceptable for kicks), ii) you are getting free jabs, iii) you are getting your mstrike RT capped due to making at least 4 strikes. (If you are hitting the cap due to being encumbered the roundtimes are also silly but for the opposite reason, encumberance penalties can very easily make UAC standard attacks have longer RT than UAC mstrikes)