Feras brawling weapons 07/26/2012 10:57 AM CDT
I've got a feras tiger-claw and it doesn't flare on every UAC attack(not counting kick), is this intended or a bug?

It does seem to flare with the same frequency as standard flares.

-Richard/Fjalar.
Re: Feras brawling weapons 07/26/2012 11:42 AM CDT
You only get 1/3 the chance for flares on brawling weapons with the UAC because you can have boots/gloves that flare. Although, does that 1/3 chance roll over with a second brawling weapon or is that reduced to 1/4? I forget, but I think it is 1/4, seems like with TWC training it should be increased though but unlikely.
Re: Feras brawling weapons 10/21/2015 02:05 PM CDT
Bringing back the old thread to say that while feras doesn't flare on every UAC attack, it still seems to eat a charge on every UAC attack. Mine crumbled on an attack with no flare.

You attempt to jab a fire cat!
You have good positioning against a fire cat.
UAF: 143 vs UDF: 118 = 1.211 * MM: 97 + d100: 92 = 209
... and hit for 34 points of damage!
Repeated strikes to the chest drive the fire cat further off-balance!
With a brilliant flash, the feras tiger-claw crumbles into worthless fragments!
Roundtime: 2 sec.

While I think flare frequency should only decrease if you're using multiple flaring items in UAC, that's beyond the scope of this thread. Regardless, it seems unnecessarily punitive (and an oversight) that feras loses charges on non-flaring attacks.
Re: Feras brawling weapons 10/21/2015 03:14 PM CDT
I have not used much feras as of late, but I do not think it normally flares on the crumble or degradation message for any attack type.

AIM: GS4Menos

>Like men we'll face the murderous, cowardly pack,
>Pressed to the wall, dying, but fighting back!