Roundtime 03/23/2013 03:58 PM CDT
Just made my first two-weapon character and was having some difficulty figuring out the roundtime situation.

I read up on how TWC RT is calculated. One thing that kind of left me wondering was this quote on Krakiipedia:

"here are also penalties applied to your roundtime for having a weapon in your off hand heavier than your strength bonus would normally permit, as well as for using slower weapons in the off hand to prevent you from swinging faster by using specific combinations(Example: Dagger/Main Gauche combination results in a 2 second Base RT instead of 1 Second)." Can anyone explain that penalty a bit better? What is the threshold for "heavier than you strength bonus would normally permit"? Also curious about how any deductions/additions from this formula and the agi/dex considerations are factored in.

The reason I ask is that I'm kind of confused as to why my Mstrike RT is so high with a handaxe/longsword combo. With a Handaxe/Main Gauche I'm getting 5 seconds on a normal swing, 6 seconds on an open mstrike (2 target).With a handaxe/longsword I'm getting 9.

I have -3 axidex right now. Based on the formula with a main gauche that's [5 + (2-2 (minimum of 1))] -3. With a longsword offhand that's [5+ (4-2)] - 3. Both bring me in at under the 5 hard cap. So what gives with the mstrike round time differences? If it's an issue of low strength bonus fixing the problem I want to know so I can switch before my 30 days is up...

Thanks so much for the help.
Re: Roundtime 03/23/2013 04:01 PM CDT
Likewise, the +1 from having a heavy weapon in the offhand is only a +1 second of RT it looks like. So shouldn't the Mstrike be 7 seconds? I imagine there's some sort of multiplication factoring in somewhere that I'm not accounting for, instead of just straight addition.
Re: Roundtime 04/24/2013 03:43 PM CDT
>The reason I ask is that I'm kind of confused as to why my Mstrike RT is so high with a handaxe/longsword combo. With a Handaxe/Main Gauche I'm getting 5 seconds on a normal swing, 6 seconds on an open mstrike (2 target).With a handaxe/longsword I'm getting 9.

Mstrike formula on Krakii is wrong, and especially wrong for TWC users.

Without Mstrike, I think the formula is correct: TWC RT = Main hand plus (offhand - 2), where the offhand can be zero but not negative. The other note about offhand must be faster than mainhand are true.

The maximum RT for an mstrike is capped, and I believe that formula is weapon speed (mainhand only) + 7 - agidex. The offhand is free for max RT purposes.

The minimum RT for an mstrike is capped at 5, regardless of weapon speeds, which annoys me greatly as a TWC brawler, and IMHO slows and/or blocks the adoption of the lighter brawling weapons.

The good news about the mstrike max RT is that it favors heavier/slower weapons as you increase ranks and strikes. Whether you hit TWC mstrike twice (four swings), or TWC mstrike four times (8 swings), your max RT for the handaxe/longsword will always be 9. In fact, max RT will be 9 if you have an offhand or not.

Morden, player of.