Gem shops 07/28/2018 11:54 AM CDT
Has something changed recently with either gem shops in general or the gem shop in RR?

It's always given the message of "I'm not buying anything this valuable today. Maybe tomorrow" for extremely valuable jewelry, but lately the value threshold for this seems to have gone way down. Since yesterday I've gotten this message for 3 items, the first the pawn quoted at slightly above 35k and only gave me about 14k for, the other two the pawn quoted at the 50-60k range and gave me the full 35k.

Unless I'm going crazy, I know I've sold plenty of items at the gemshop for the 35k max and I've definitely gotten more then 14k from selling items there. Does this have something to do with there being more players in town due to the recent story-line or has something changed behind the scenes?

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Gem shops 07/28/2018 12:31 PM CDT
Looks like you got confused about whether you were in the pawn or gem shop.

There's a recent change in pawn shop messaging, I don't know if that extended to gem shops or not, but that might be behind it too.
Re: Gem shops 07/28/2018 10:37 PM CDT
<There's a recent change in pawn shop messaging, I don't know if that extended to gem shops or not, but that might be behind it too.>

No, not confused at all. I got the message about not buying anything that valuable from the gemshop, then went to the pawn where I got the appraisal/value and sold the items.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.