Shops 08/05/2016 12:59 PM CDT
When ordering multiple items, could the shop keepers quote the total price in addition to the price per item (instead of would be good too, but I can see the benefit of having both)?

Not all of us are math majors able to quickly multiply large numbers in out heads and it would make it easier to get just what we need from the bank.

>ord 5 of 5
You ask about the price of an ochre rubbed gold wand, 5 of them.

You draw closer to Lomara in a friendly way, sharing a few bits of local gossip to draw her out a bit before getting down to business. Perhaps the tactic worked, for she knocked some off to reach the final price of 2275 silvers each.
Lomara says, "Since you're a citizen of this town, I'll drop the price to 2047."

You may order a QUANTITY of this item, ORDER something else, or BUY this item.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Shops 08/08/2016 10:25 AM CDT
10,235 silver!

Only took me a couple of seconds to do, but I still find it irritating that you're not giving a total and I don't always feel like adding it up in my head, either.

They should add in a line such as:

>ord 5 of 5
You ask about the price of an ochre rubbed gold wand, 5 of them.

You draw closer to Lomara in a friendly way, sharing a few bits of local gossip to draw her out a bit before getting down to business. Perhaps the tactic worked, for she knocked some off to reach the final price of 2275 silvers each.
Lomara says, "Since you're a citizen of this town, I'll drop the price to 2047."
"It brings your total to 10,235 silver for the lot of them."

(Then again, I miss the old days of GSIII where you could actually haggle with them for a better price. If you low balled the price too much, they'd get mad at you.)

-Drumpel
Re: Shops 08/08/2016 08:00 PM CDT
>> (Then again, I miss the old days of GSIII where you could actually haggle with them for a better price. If you low balled the price too much, they'd get mad at you.)

Nowadays everyone would just run ;haggle and we'd all be treated to screen scroll for every transaction someone was looking to make. And if it turned out you could save 1 extra silver buy buying the items 1 at a time over buying a batch of them then ;haggle would do that that for you as well...

Actually I remember the haggle system and it was fun but it got old after awhile so I think I prefer the current system where it just bakes it all in better anyway.

-- Robert

A powerful whirlpool is suddenly overtaken by a windy vortex!