Pawnshop and ability to see enchanter's glyph 05/19/2016 01:37 PM CDT
I remember back in GSIII that it was possible to see an enchanter's mark on items for sale in the pawnshop. I believe in the transition to GSIV, that feature was lost.

In GSIII, when LOOKing at an enchanted item on a table, one would see, "You see nothing unusual, except for a small enchanter's glyph."

Now, one only see's, "You see nothing unusual."

I personally purchased several enchanted items during the great Duskruin Pawnshop Purge by multiple players and all of the enchanted items gave the "You see nothing unusual." Message when LOOKed at prior to purchasing. With said item in hand, I could then see the mark.

It seems reasonable that one should be able to see the mark as the item sits on the tables.

Can the feature be fixed / turned back on? Please?

Sorry it took so long for me to bring up the issue - Master Procrastinator
Re: Pawnshop and ability to see enchanter's glyph 05/21/2016 10:45 PM CDT

Excellent request.

Additionally, a lot of nice jewelry goes unwanted due to a high price and no way to tell why. Can we get 405 to work on the pawn/gemshop table items please?

Thanks,
Askip
Re: Pawnshop and ability to see enchanter's glyph 05/21/2016 11:07 PM CDT
>Additionally, a lot of nice jewelry goes unwanted due to a high price and no way to tell why. Can we get 405 to work on the pawn/gemshop table items please?

Doesn't it already?

You gesture at a starstone inset mithril brooch.
You sense that the brooch is a magic item with an unknown spell from an unfamiliar realm of magic.

You gesture at a turquoise inset platinum pin.
You sense that this is a magical item. There seems to be no spells or charges but the flows of essence are strangely attracted to it. You estimate that it can contain an average amount of mana.
Re: Pawnshop and ability to see enchanter's glyph 05/22/2016 10:20 AM CDT

Hm, I need to test again. I brought the subject up because I saw a jewelry item for 100k+ on a pawn table that HAD to be enhancive but I did not get a reading.

Thanks,
Askip
Re: Pawnshop and ability to see enchanter's glyph 05/22/2016 03:21 PM CDT
My wizard is just short of the 30 Air Lore ranks to unlock that feature, so I can't help you there.