Environmental Damage 04/30/2014 10:50 AM CDT
If you've played a role in the more recent storylines, you may have come across a time where you were randomly attacked by the environment by a volley of arrows, or some other weird contraption of sorts. This is to add depth and flavor to the world. But sometimes, that doesn't translate well to people just getting back into GS for the first time in years and on a trial or lower level characters.

These random occurrences will now, by default, avoid our trial accounts and characters level 10 and below.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Environmental Damage 04/30/2014 12:28 PM CDT
Cool beans; good show.

"So, what does that green line on the graph represent?"
"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between Sauron and Cruella de Ville; we use that as a baseline for determining character alignment."
Re: Environmental Damage 07/19/2014 10:57 PM CDT

Something id like to see that would add depth is when storms come in, be them just random or gm initiated just to create weather, or part of invasions is flying debri that can cause damage. We have severe weather in R/L all the time that sends people running. Yes howling winds and severe storms in GS do nothing but send stinging rain or ice. It would be cool if tree limbs or large hail came that would do minor damage, or possibly more. Of course id expect some resistance with age and some spells. But its an easy way to get the empaths and others working in towns when none are around or populations are sparse. Set of a severe storm and a tornado or something.. regardless of invasion or part of it.
Re: Environmental Damage 07/20/2014 08:54 AM CDT
Come to Teras. I'll see your thunderstorm and raise you a volcano, because that's how we get the effect you are talking about. I seem to remember hail storms causing damage during invasions before as well. In other words...I like the idea.

--Jurp
Re: Environmental Damage 07/22/2014 06:24 PM CDT
I'd be happy to help Qortaz lava bomb you now and then. Just sayin'.

~GM Liia
Team 3P, Paid Events Guru
Re: Environmental Damage 07/22/2014 10:34 PM CDT

Meh, thats Teras, something is always falling from the sky there! Yea during invasions too even. I meant more like no invasion, just general weather.. rip loose a thunderstorm with a tornado that just wreaks havok. Could be the tornado is like a critter an can be dealt with but as a whole its just a natural event. Unrelated to stories or anything. I get tired of people running to defenses when they hear a storm thinking invasion. Sometimes realistically they should run for shelter as storms do alot of damage just on their own. I would however be cool if you could try an use magic to stop the tornado or hail damage.. or if people standing around outside or in towers just get sucked up into a tornado and randomly dropped places out in the wilds with minor damage.

Heh, I think it would be rather cool if no matter your training its all the same.. you get sucked into a tornado and dropped outside town in some random hunting area close by with a broken arm, or leg. etc..

I can almost hear the protests though if it ever came to be.
Re: Environmental Damage 07/22/2014 10:39 PM CDT

<I'd be happy to help Qortaz lava bomb you now and then. Just sayin'.

~GM Liia
Team 3P, Paid Events Guru>

That works for me :) the more chaos and unpredictable things the more I think the community in GS gets all worked up an logs in.