Backroom 10/18/2012 03:36 PM CDT
Is this really necessary anymore? It seems to just be pointless tedium where you make a macro and hit it 70 times to buy daggers. Can we just remove it and make backroom available to all?

~James
Player of Septimius
Re: Backroom 10/18/2012 07:12 PM CDT
Alternately, maybe a system where you can bypass the existing backroom mechanics by some combination of the present system, trading, and out-and-out bribery?

~Godefroy
Morvule hisses, "Ssssally ssssellssss sssseashellssss by the sssseasssshore."
Re: Backroom 10/20/2012 12:20 PM CDT
It works fine for those shops which sell consumables: herbalist, bakers, brewers etc.

However it is silly for shops where you are expected to just make one or two purchases in a lifetime.
Re: Backroom 11/22/2012 06:17 PM CST

<It works fine for those shops which sell consumables: herbalist, bakers, brewers etc.

However it is silly for shops where you are expected to just make one or two purchases in a lifetime.>

I agree, an shops like the fletchers, clerics, and a few others, I am fine with having had to work to get backroom access too. I dont particularly want to see those open up to just anyone.

The economics in different towns, where citizens can get some things at better prices alone is a a reason, but I would agree I do not see a reason for some shops that do not even carry a backroom inventory to be included in the system.

That is actually rather disappointing, to finally get backroom access in some obscure shop, and there is nothing in it to sell.

Maybe rather then get rid of the backrooms, actually stock them with things worth the effort to get backroom access.

this is one of the points I love about GS, when it does happen---

Fiction example;

You gain backroom access to the Erithian hut in the nations, and learn he sells slabs of many rare metals, but you can only buy 1 a month..
Re: Backroom 11/22/2012 06:30 PM CST

<Alternately, maybe a system where you can bypass the existing backroom mechanics by some combination of the present system, trading, and out-and-out bribery?>

I would love to see a bribery system in place, but unfortunatly there are just too many with millions an millions of coin, and to many without that. I think a nice barter system or bribing through a very difficult task system not coin related would be acceptable. Much the same aspect as working to get backroom to start with, possible even better then just mass buying things with a script.