Settling An Estate - Why Clunk has been so absent 05/15/2016 10:11 AM CDT

Maybe you noticed Clunk and Thuunk (and all the others) have not been around a lot, maybe not. Here's why:

* Dad died in November.
* I am executor / administrator for his estate.
* Dad reverse mortgaged his house, and I've been dealing with foreclosure and all the other paperwork that goes with not paying a lot of other bills.

Good news, it is near done. If anyone out there flips houses, Dad's old house is a good candidate.
The house has been advertised for auction June 7 at http://legals.hamptonroads.com/content/bwwva-207937-trustees-sale-3203-blackwood-avenue-norfolk-va-23513-execution.

My parents collected a lot of stuff over the years, and there is still a lot of stuff in the house. We're trying to sell items on both e-bay and craigslist. Links and pictures are at: http://hubpages.com/living/Searching-for-Value-in-the-Estate.

Meanwhile, in game, Clunk has been spending most of his time forging, and coincidentally, training in Berserk.

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: Settling An Estate - Why Clunk has been so absent 05/15/2016 10:23 AM CDT
I am truly sorry to hear of the loss of your father. My deepest sympathies to you and your family.

-- Robert
Re: Settling An Estate - Why Clunk has been so absent 05/15/2016 10:55 AM CDT
Condolences, buddy. Keep on Clunking. :)

Chad, player of a few
Re: Settling An Estate - Why Clunk has been so absent 05/15/2016 11:13 AM CDT

So sorry to hear about your father Clunk. :(

Condolences to you and your family.
Re: Settling An Estate - Why Clunk has been so absent 05/15/2016 07:07 PM CDT
My condolences. :(

Berserk does seem a natural counterpart to forging though. With all those long, hot roundtimes, you need to let off that aggression.
Re: Settling An Estate - Why Clunk has been so absent 05/15/2016 07:10 PM CDT
Thanks for sharing. I imagine your dad was an amazing guy and the items described bring me back to the toy and train shows my father and I enjoyed one upon a time. My dad grew up with anything with the words Lionel on it, and it still brings him back today.
Re: Settling An Estate - Why Clunk has been so absent 05/16/2016 04:53 AM CDT

heh ... I still have my Lionel train set from mid 1960's ... in the original box even.

But yeah, finding all those toys we used to play with as kids, that made cleaning out the house really tough.
Sis had some folks from an e-bay store stop by and take what they thought they could sell. Plan is for a second, and maybe a third trip for trying to clean things out that way, then what ever is left over near auction time will get donated to Salvation Army.

Thanks for all the feedback. It helps to know folks are listening and relate to the circumstances.

Clunk

Re: Settling An Estate - Why Clunk has been so absent 07/08/2016 07:10 AM CDT
So sorry for your loss Clunk. I went through the same thing with my dad 3 years ago. It took almost a whole year for me to finalize it all, deal with probate and sell his house.

Hope you're back in the lands soon,
-Regwen

A silver glow surrounds Regwen briefly.

Lheren says, "The Lord of Night has heard you, it seems."
Re: Settling An Estate - Why Clunk has been so absent 07/08/2016 05:02 PM CDT

kind of sort of back now ... some.
what a mess ...

Clunk