SMR Sentinel Disarm. 03/27/2017 05:16 PM CDT

So, I'm confused, I had full spells (all outside circles, thanks Dreaven!)

I have cman disarm 5/5, only SMR skills I'm lacking are 37/101 on dodge ranks and 50 ranks of demonology.
I wasn't encumbered/laying down/ect, was in guarded stance.. yet.. such a high margin from the open roll? and it seems to change from time to time, I don't really see any consistency.

[SMR result: 166 (Open d100: 92)]
Striking with a serpent's unsettling quickness, a lithe veiled sentinel lashes out and grabs your scepter. Vile blue-green energy lances down her arm and into the scepter, kindling it into an unholy semblance of life. The scepter's form twists and mutates, sprouting scales and cold eyes as it transforms into a ghostly white viper!

and another one..
(this one I was stunned on the ground in offensive.)
[SMR result: 118 (Open d100: 71, Bonus: 155)]

and random side note - had a sentinel (only one in the room) disarm/feintx4/disarm can we please do somthing about the RT Locks they put us in? at least make it so RT doesn't stack.
Re: SMR Sentinel Disarm. 03/27/2017 06:08 PM CDT
"and it seems to change from time to time, I don't really see any consistency." -- Deck

Welcome to "Krakii's Theory of 'Blinking Lights' in the SMRv2 display."

My complaint about it is that, while most of the information that you need to determine what is involved in the change from this number to that result is available to you (somewhere) in the game window where you've seen yourself be knocked prone or forced into a different stance...

...unlike EVERY other combat roll & result & maneuver effect in the game, it is NOT provided to you on the SAME FRICKING LINE as the roll and the result.

Reading One Line == Easy.

Scrolling Up--In The Middle Of Fricking Combat, With A 2s Window [for Earthen Fury], Particularly In A Group--To Figure Out Why I'm Hit So Bad == HARD AS HELL.

Needless to say, my argument has not changed the stance of the GM design for the output line.
Re: SMR Sentinel Disarm. 03/27/2017 07:52 PM CDT
Hard to give any feedback without logs.

For example, were they both the 'new disarm'? Where they both by the same creature? Was one of them 'amped' (grizzled / ancient or just recently from a room with a lot of NPC spell casters that might have boosted them)?

One thing that does stand out - there's a significant delta in the two attacks. If they were both the same type / same creature and 'new effect' (not already under the viper's spell), then the first cast had a +74 net attacker versus defender, while the second appears to have been -108 net attacker versus defender result. Odd, unless a cleric - who knows how 319 factors in the SMR space.

Doug
Re: SMR Sentinel Disarm. 03/27/2017 08:59 PM CDT
I've felt like there has been a serious change in their disarm since it went to SMR. I don't have all my logs with me right now, but pre SMR, I'd take a guess that they could disarm me maybe 10-15% of the time. Like once during a long hunt if I was unlucky. I have 5 ranks of disarm and 5 ranks of cunning defense, 101 ranks of dodge, a 60 Dex bonus and a 40 Agi bonus, I wasn't encumbered, I was in stance offensive, and I wasn't injured or suffering from any other ill effects.

[SMR result: 265 (Open d100: 83, Bonus: 102)]
Striking with a serpent's unsettling quickness, a lithe veiled sentinel lashes out and grabs your staff. Vile blue-green energy lances down his arm and into the staff, kindling it into an unholy semblance of life. The staff's form twists and mutates, sprouting scales and cold eyes as it transforms into a ghostly white viper!

That sentinel was freshly spawned. The very next freshly spawned sentinel I saw missed terribly and didn't even have a bonus to it's attack against me. There is definitely something very weird or very hidden going on behind the scenes.

Isle Snack Muncher
Re: SMR Sentinel Disarm. 03/28/2017 05:46 AM CDT
>One thing that does stand out - there's a significant delta in the two attacks. If they were both the same type / same creature and 'new effect' (not already under the viper's spell), then the first cast had a +74 net attacker versus defender, while the second appears to have been -108 net attacker versus defender result. Odd, unless a cleric - who knows how 319 factors in the SMR space.

My observation is that the result caps at 0 under 319, so that's not the cause. Critter stance might be, sometimes CML manoevers have a massive penalty for being used in defensive over and above the normal variation with stance, and would show that sort of difference between offensive and defensive stance use. However flipping between something big and no bonus does look very suspicious. It looks like its coded so that in some situations bonuses are ignored which I'd normally expect to be a bug, except its known to be done by design in another SMR.

>I've felt like there has been a serious change in their disarm since it went to SMR. I don't have all my logs with me right now, but pre SMR, I'd take a guess that they could disarm me maybe 10-15% of the time. Like once during a long hunt if I was unlucky. I have 5 ranks of disarm and 5 ranks of cunning defense, 101 ranks of dodge, a 60 Dex bonus and a 40 Agi bonus, I wasn't encumbered, I was in stance offensive, and I wasn't injured or suffering from any other ill effects.

You should expect to be hammered by SMR in comparison to CML disarm. 5 ranks in a manoever is HUGE and you've lost that bonus.
Re: SMR Sentinel Disarm. 03/28/2017 01:35 PM CDT
I would have thought that sentinal disarm was always an SMR and not a CML. CML disarm was different then sentinal disarm from the start. Under that logic, something like when bandits throw a dispel crystal at you would have previously been considered a CML when it's now being considered a SMR after the release of earthen fury. Is that right? I've noticed no change in the amount of times other SMR things are happening to me, except with this particular disarm.

Isle Snack Muncher
Re: SMR Sentinel Disarm. 03/29/2017 05:02 AM CDT
>I would have thought that sentinal disarm was always an SMR and not a CML.

You can tell from the roll messaging, it says which it is. I thought they started out with a standard disarm and that was replaced by their current manoever.
Re: SMR Sentinel Disarm. 04/01/2017 04:00 PM CDT
When the new area first came out, there was an outcry from people that didn't want to see them using CML disarm, and so it was replaced by their new weird disarm, which was actually a completely hidden roll. That's why I would assume it was already on the SMR, or some other hidden form of resolution. It definitely didn't seem like it was ever a standard CML skill.

Isle Snack Muncher