Sanctum Bug or Chainspear Bug? 10/11/2016 03:17 PM CDT
I was hunting in the Sanctum a few minutes ago with my chainspear. I had hurled it, so I was holding the spear shaft and the spear head was on the ground, at that point. The sentinel used the snake/disarm move, but instead of using it on the shaft in my hand, it used it on the head and turned that into a snake. Then, when I was able to clench the snake, I had the spear head in my hands and the shaft was on the ground. You normally can't interact with the head at all, but I was able to stow it, grab the shaft, and run to safety. I wasn't able to interact with the head once stowed, but was able to PULL SHAFT to return the whole thing to one spear.

Striking with a serpent's unsettling quickness, a lithe veiled sentinel lashes out and grabs your head. Vile blue-green energy lances down her arm and into the head, kindling it into an unholy semblance of life. The head's form twists and mutates, sprouting scales and cold eyes as it transforms into a twisted grey adder!

The adder wriggles down your arm, coiling about your left leg!

>clench adder
A pale scaled shaper whispers an inhuman entreaty, and the shadows grow frenized and green-tinged around him.
!>
You reach up and grab a twisted grey adder by the neck, twisting violently until you hear something snap! A twisted grey adder lets out a last desperate hiss, its body twitching in agony. As the last stubborn life goes out of its length, its body oozes into the shape of a claw-shaped glaes spear head trailed by a dark eahnor chain. The head falls into your right hand.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

!R>l
!R>
[Sanctum, Hall of Making]
To the north, a narrow opening breaks the curve of the walls, proceeding toward an alcove lit by a furious inferno of emerald radiance. Shadows race and dance at the verges of the wide bar of light it leaves pooling on the floor, curling about the edges of a circular bronze seal set into the sandstone. Overhead, the ceiling is patterned with gleaming copper scales. You also see a pale scaled shaper, an ebon-stained lor spear shaft, a steel lockpick, a violet sapphire, the Japhrimel disk and a lithe veiled sentinel.
Obvious exits: north, southeast, southwest

I BUGITEM'd the chainspear, in case it's an issue with that, but wasn't sure if I should do anything about the rest. I imagine, as there probably isn't more than 1-2 others using chainspears, that it's not an issue that will come up much, but just in case.
Re: Sanctum Bug or Chainspear Bug? 10/11/2016 03:33 PM CDT
I was just recently reading back through one of my logs of "droolworthy items" and ran across a chainspear; I remember all the hullaballoo when they were coming out, and all of the rich folks' "gotta get one" frenzy.

Glad to see someone's still using one!

(And, uhh... any interest in trading it away? :)