Disarm Mechanic Request 08/26/2016 12:48 PM CDT
Ok, let me start by saying I LOVE this mechanic. It's ridiculously fun.

That being said, is there any chance it could be changed slightly so the weapon is replaced into the hand it was taken from? This isn't a huge issue for people who use regular weapons but bows (and I suspect runestaves) end up in the right hand instead of the left hand. A bit of a problem when you've got a swam of 6+ mobs in a room and you're frantically trying to halve that number. =p

It it's working as intended, gravy... I just thought I'd ask!

Riend

(Bristenn takes a hold of Riend by the arm and swings her in, pulling her into an armored embrace. And, without further ado, he kisses Riend like he means it. Deffo means it.)
Re: Disarm Mechanic Request 08/26/2016 01:50 PM CDT

seems to be working as intended if you view the last 2 pages of the folder.
Re: Disarm Mechanic Request 08/26/2016 02:46 PM CDT
>This isn't a huge issue for people who use regular weapons but bows (and I suspect runestaves) end up in the right hand instead of the left hand.

While I haven't hunted there, as VANKRASN39 said, this is WAI. It is just as much of issue for people who use regular weapons, because those end up in your left hand. From the other thread:

>A black emperor cobra lets out a last desperate hiss, its body twitching in agony. As the last stubborn life goes out of its length, its body oozes into the shape of an amber-veined long mithril naginata. The naginata falls into your left hand.

(Emphasis mine.)
Re: Disarm Mechanic Request 08/26/2016 06:42 PM CDT
Yeah, maybe you people have been using bows for so long that you forgot this, but a weapon or runestaff user having the weapon returned to the wrong hand is devastating for our DS. It hurts us just as much.
Re: Disarm Mechanic Request 08/26/2016 06:59 PM CDT
Hmnm. . . It almost sounds like sword and board has the advantage here. . .

Doug
Re: Disarm Mechanic Request 08/26/2016 07:05 PM CDT
Or does it sheathe the weapon for them? either way, I guess they have most of their defense still. Would be funny if it forced a swap before the return.
Re: Disarm Mechanic Request 08/26/2016 07:18 PM CDT
Heh. Yeah - once, maybe.

Doug
Re: Disarm Mechanic Request 08/26/2016 10:00 PM CDT
>Hmnm. . . It almost sounds like sword and board has the advantage here. . .

If you've trained in brawling (weapon users), THW (bow users), or blunts (crossbow users), you'd also be covered. Not a terrible post-cap goal to at least 1x that skill if you're going to hunt there on the regular, I suppose.
Re: Disarm Mechanic Request 08/26/2016 10:01 PM CDT
edit:

THW for bow users because bows are wielded as quarter staves in the right hand. Blunts because crossbows are cudgels.
Re: Disarm Mechanic Request 08/27/2016 11:26 AM CDT
>> seems to be working as intended if you view the last 2 pages of the folder.

Preeeeetty much only saw the guy complaining about dying and being offered a solution, so I thought it was worth asking.

Also, I didn't realize they were tossing other weapons in the wrong hand as well. That clarifies it as a devious, evil tactic of hilarity and not an oversight. So thank for that, Pflats and Khariz555! =)

(Bristenn takes a hold of Riend by the arm and swings her in, pulling her into an armored embrace. And, without further ado, he kisses Riend like he means it. Deffo means it.)