I Sense a Trap 08/15/2016 04:49 PM CDT
I just wanted to point out that in each of three hunts, I've pulled boxes with amounts of silver over 10K. And box values (gems, etc) are moderately high.

Always a pleasant surprise, but I do have to ask - where is this in all the OTHER capped hunting areas?!

Of course, we know sorcerers are rich, but I'm sensing a trap (beyond just encumbrance) here. . .

Doug
Re: I Sense a Trap 08/15/2016 04:56 PM CDT
I sense lack of hunting pressure, and nothing more.

-Madmountan's Player
Re: I Sense a Trap 08/15/2016 05:04 PM CDT
>>I sense lack of hunting pressure, and nothing more.

Yep, early days. Just striking, since there are probably 1.5 times the hunters there than I see in the Rift (especially the Scatter) based on very informal survey mechanics (eyeballed!) Probably an amalgamation of area / new / difficulty / pressure (ever increasing), I'm sure.

Still - it's very good while there. (TL;DR - Get there!)

And when not there, well. . .

Doug
Re: I Sense a Trap 08/15/2016 05:06 PM CDT
From my recollection of temporary hunting grounds that have come and gone, I get the impression that 'new' hunting grounds tend to gen better than expected treasure for the first few days / week before they settle into 'normal' mode.

My guess is that this is in part a reward for the folks willing to jump in and take the additional risks associated with hunting in an unknown area (not to mention a reward to those very same players for providing insight into any fine tuning that may need to take place).

I wouldn't expect it to continue long term. :p

-- Robert

A powerful whirlpool is suddenly overtaken by a windy vortex!
Re: I Sense a Trap 08/15/2016 06:34 PM CDT
>Always a pleasant surprise, but I do have to ask - where is this in all the OTHER capped hunting areas?!

Long gone to hunting pressure but it was probably there at release (all areas I've seen at release have started at zero hunting pressure and consequently loot 3 tiers above standard). If you can scare everyone else off with tales of the really nasty disarm mechanics, you might be able to keep hunting pressure low and loot high, if not, enjoy it while it lasts.
Re: I Sense a Trap 08/15/2016 09:51 PM CDT
Scatter was my favorite

sigh