Gems 08/11/2016 03:00 AM CDT
Any chance you could make it so all the gems found here fit in jars? They're almost all quite lovely, and not being able to jar them makes it difficult to keep them.

Thanks in advance!
Re: Gems 08/11/2016 10:53 AM CDT
>>Any chance you could make it so all the gems found here fit in jars? They're almost all quite lovely, and not being able to jar them makes it difficult to keep them.

Which one is giving you trouble?

Wyrom, PM
Re: Gems 08/11/2016 12:29 PM CDT

Quite a few, I'll go through and make a comprehensive list. I know the mineral-based ones are, but that seems to be a universal, kinda like a lot of the shells from Solhaven and RR
Re: Gems 08/11/2016 03:12 PM CDT
The following don't go into jars:

uncut sunstone
brilliant red firebird stone
chunk of sand-smoothed chalcedony
droplet of honey amber
sphere of rutilated quartz
chunk of dark mica
impure blood red ruby
sphere of scratched hematite
shadow amethyst
blue-green chrysocolla stone
shard of cloudy gypsum
triangular pastel rainbow quartz
jet-banded amber sunstone
spar of dull hematite
cluster of fire opal
iridescent fire agate

I'll post more as I find them.

Also, from Duskruin:

uncut dark crimson diamond (I didn't buy the other diamonds, so I couldn't say one way or the other if they work)
Re: Gems 08/11/2016 03:19 PM CDT

Additional ones that will not fit:

tangerine wulfenite crystal
pink salt crystal
cloudy alexandrite shard
twisted iron spiral,
age-darkened ivory crescent
piece of striated fluorite
blackish blue idocrase
square of shale rock
variegated violet tanzanite
Re: Gems 08/11/2016 03:20 PM CDT
Adding to the unjarrable list:

variegated violet tanzanite
age-darkened ivory crescent
spar of pocked azurite
dull grey crystal

Back to searching for more!

Also kudos for this area!

Wee Sleepy Gnomette

Cloth-of-eonake: for when you absolutely, positively need to have zombie-impenetrable underwear. - Denil

When my scripts are acting up, I take Modrian with Coding. After a few hours, they feel like new! - MAXMANJ
Re: Gems 08/11/2016 10:20 PM CDT
Found the culprit, hopefully it's all fixed soon!

Wyrom, PM
Re: Gems 08/11/2016 10:34 PM CDT
Was the same culprit the reason the very pretty Duskruin Dig gems did not act normally?

They are the only gems I've ever found in GS which did not have Drop Dead Gorgeous show descriptions. That made me sad, too.
Re: Gems 08/11/2016 11:18 PM CDT
>>Was the same culprit the reason the very pretty Duskruin Dig gems did not act normally?

>>They are the only gems I've ever found in GS which did not have Drop Dead Gorgeous show descriptions. That made me sad, too.

No, the Duskruin Dig aren't area gems. They are GM created ones (altered). These were just something that needed to be fixed with our gem system.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Gems 08/11/2016 11:25 PM CDT
Gems should be fixed now. My thanks to our illustrious APM for spotting the problem!

Auchand
Captain of the Firebird
Re: Gems 08/12/2016 02:34 AM CDT

Yes! Thank you both SO SO SO MUCH!
Re: Gems 08/12/2016 03:50 PM CDT
The gems are jarrable! Yay!

They do not work when RUMMAGE INGREDIENT is use though, boo!

>rum bag ingredient tanz
You rummage around the doeskin bag and remove an opalescent glass jar containing cloudy alexandrite shards.

>rum bag ingredient tan
You rummage around a petal-layered doeskin bag with a soft leather shoulder strap, but can't seem to locate any ingredient like that.

Some don't find anything. Some find random things.

In the doeskin bag:
jar (42): an opalescent glass jar (droplet of honey ambers), an opalescent glass jar (shadow amethysts), an opalescent glass jar (spar of pocked azurites), an opalescent glass jar (chunk of sand-smoothed chalcedonies), an opalescent glass jar (radiant green cinderstones), an opalescent glass jar (age-darkened ivory crescents), an opalescent glass jar (tangerine wulfenite crystals), an opalescent glass jar (dull grey crystals), an opalescent glass jar (ayanad crystals), an opalescent glass jar (n'ayanad crystals), an opalescent glass jar (white-point star diamonds), a spherical glass jar (uncut diamonds), an opalescent glass jar (uncut emeralds), an opalescent glass jar (essences of fire), an opalescent glass jar (piece of striated fluorites), an opalescent glass jar (flawless aquamarine gems), an opalescent glass jar (oblong blue goldstones) (2), an opalescent glass jar (spar of dull hematites), an opalescent glass jar (blackish blue idocrases), an opalescent glass jar (3), an opalescent glass jar (piece of leopard skin jaspers), an opalescent glass jar (blue sky opals), an opalescent glass jar (purple black thunderhead opals), an opalescent glass jar (black-cored emerald orbs), an opalescent glass jar (cluster of dark pyrites), an opalescent glass jar (impure blood red rubies), an opalescent glass jar (faceted blood red sandrubies), an opalescent glass jar (pale mistvein sapphires), an opalescent glass jar (star sapphires), an opalescent glass jar (pale oasis sapphires), an opalescent glass jar (cloudy alexandrite shards), an opalescent glass jar (swirled lightning glass shards) (2), an opalescent glass jar (fossilized bessho lizard spurs), an opalescent glass jar (brilliant red firebird stones), an opalescent glass jar (jet-banded amber sunstones), an opalescent glass jar (uncut sunstones), an opalescent glass jar (variegated violet tanzanites), an opalescent glass jar (Phoen's eye topazes).

>rum bag ingredient fluor
You rummage around a petal-layered doeskin bag with a soft leather shoulder strap, but can't seem to locate any ingredient like that.
>rum bag ingredient sunst
You rummage around the doeskin bag and remove an opalescent glass jar containing tangerine wulfenite crystals.
>rum bag ingredient sunst
You rummage around the doeskin bag and remove an opalescent glass jar containing age-darkened ivory crescents.

Wee Sleepy Gnomette

Cloth-of-eonake: for when you absolutely, positively need to have zombie-impenetrable underwear. - Denil

When my scripts are acting up, I take Modrian with Coding. After a few hours, they feel like new! - MAXMANJ
Hunting Area: Sea of Fire 08/12/2016 05:43 PM CDT

I wanted to wait a couple days before posting to make sure it wasn't just the excitement.

Overall, I really like this area. The mobs are fun, the desert is a changing challenge, the bandits can cause a lot of problems (not necessarily a bad thing,) and the area is very well painted. I'm pretty darned impressed. Good job all around.

The ONLY thing I might suggest, is make the bandits a LITTLE less frequent. That, or make them Tehir raiders, which would totes make more sense.
Re: Gems 08/13/2016 01:32 PM CDT
Rummage might be a little more work, but bear with us.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Gems (and now also talking about new Sanctum changes) 08/14/2016 05:53 PM CDT

Not meaning to sounds like a nag, but I found a couple more gems that don't play well with jars.

triangular pastel rainbow quartz
thin shard of iridescent fire agate

So I'd found the cure for the poison way before the snakes were introduced. All it took was a little testing. I don't use a weapon, so it was hard to test, however, I took a certain wizard with me, and it wasn't long before her staff was chomping at her hand. We rushed to the (spoiler) and she used it, and it cured it. It was great! Nice touch. I like it. The lurks seem to spawn in huge numbers, and it was a blast. (Though, I suppose hunting along could have been daunting with those numbers.) Once again, thank you for this area.
Re: Gems (and now also talking about new Sanctum changes) 08/14/2016 06:00 PM CDT
The script poison existed before the new disarm (outside the normal poison per round). I get it from environment and from other attacks that hit inside.

I remember this item! Wasn't affected at the time so assumed it was just a prop but will try it out next time.

Yes, lurks seem to be higher numbers now and I love it.