This is getting rediculous 05/14/2016 02:05 PM CDT
I ask again, is there anyway we can add some kind of ability when using sigil location to let others know if someone has been using a camp in the last 24 hours?

I spend my entire day doing a camp only to log in the next day to finish and find it gone, all loot gone, what a huge waste of time.

Jara
Re: This is getting rediculous 05/14/2016 03:32 PM CDT
<I ask again, is there anyway we can add some kind of ability when using sigil location to let others know if someone has been using a camp in the last 24 hours?>

A useful tool; I'd also request messaging if someone is actively inside, especially with the level differences.
Re: This is getting rediculous 05/14/2016 03:35 PM CDT
Nobody's entitled to save a camp for 24 hours. It's a hunting ground. If you're planning to leave for extended periods though, you can go unlock the chest and collect the loot you've earned which is a wise move.
Re: This is getting rediculous 05/14/2016 03:44 PM CDT
>>Nobody's entitled to save a camp for 24 hours. It's a hunting ground.

I agree. The number of camps is limited, and the number of camps of a specific kind (I always prefer orcs) even more so. I would not want to see a way for anyone to "claim" a camp.

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: This is getting rediculous 05/14/2016 03:56 PM CDT
There was no statement of entitlement, I simply requested a notification to let others know if someone had been killing at least 5 mobs in that camp within the last 24 hours. If said person wanted to go ahead and destroy the camp that is their prerogative. I simply think it would be a helpful addition to avoid people inadvertently stepping on someones toes who might have been working on that camp. It's just a courtesy helpful message, not entitlement or a way to "claim" a camp.

Thanks

Jara
Re: This is getting rediculous 05/14/2016 04:00 PM CDT
>I simply think it would be a helpful addition to avoid people inadvertently stepping on someones toes who might have been working on that camp.

I understand your frustration, but there are limited camps all over and I don't believe anyone is stepping on toes if they do finish off a camp anyone else has been working on if it's inactive past the time it takes for the guards to need to be awakened again. Therefore any "notifications" would be redundant and equivalent to trying to save a room in an active hunting area of any kind, which isn't reasonable. This has been generally accepted warcamping practice for a long time now.
Re: This is getting rediculous 05/14/2016 04:01 PM CDT
The best you can do if you need to take long breaks is make sure you collect the loot you've earned, which you can do once you get a key.
Re: This is getting rediculous 05/14/2016 04:14 PM CDT
My fear is someone will script the claim amount and control many camps. Camps are limited enough as it is and to me any camp over 150 that has the guards on duty is fair game. If i do find one like that i may ask around and wait a bit to make sure no one is working it.
Re: This is getting rediculous 05/14/2016 04:20 PM CDT
I think a notification is a nice idea for dealing with this problem. It seems like a good way to avoid either people over claiming camps (because there is no mechanical block to killing things) but gives people an easier way to know if the camp has been used.

AIM: GS4Menos

>Like men we'll face the murderous, cowardly pack,
>Pressed to the wall, dying, but fighting back!
Re: This is getting rediculous 05/14/2016 04:29 PM CDT
24 hours seems excessive but maybe a notification if someone has been there in the past hour or two?

-- Robert

The town guard exclaims, "What do I look like, a scholar from Biblia?!"
Re: This is getting rediculous 05/14/2016 04:35 PM CDT
>A useful tool; I'd also request messaging if someone is actively inside, especially with the level differences.

Doesn't this already exist? I'm pretty sure you get a message if you enter when the camp is at full alarm.
Re: This is getting rediculous 05/14/2016 04:37 PM CDT
I don't think anyone should be expected to stay out of any warcamp that hasn't been touched for more than the time it takes the guards to fall asleep, notification or not. It's a hunting ground. You can still get your loot if you plan.
Re: This is getting rediculous 05/14/2016 05:10 PM CDT
>> I don't think anyone should be expected to stay out of any warcamp that hasn't been touched for more than the time it takes the guards to fall asleep, notification or not. It's a hunting ground. You can still get your loot if you plan.

Expectations aside, I know I will leave a camp to let it settle down some and would avoid a camp if I knew someone had been there in the last hour or so.

-- Robert

The town guard exclaims, "What do I look like, a scholar from Biblia?!"
Re: This is getting rediculous 05/14/2016 11:10 PM CDT
There's lot to debate about whether or not camps can or should be claimed, but a notification of other people being there recently is a great idea. Maybe for the next 2-4 hours afterwards, you get a message that says who was involved, and for the next bunch of hours, it is more generic along the lines of "you notice someone has been here recently."

And/or could perhaps fresh, unfound camps give a different message the first time they are located?
Re: This is getting rediculous 05/15/2016 02:56 PM CDT
BRANDTJRT that is a great example of what I was thinking about.

As a second follow up thought, if someone has to kill 5 mobs to get credit for a camp, it also resets loot counts. There would be little point for someone to run to a camp, kill five and run to another camp as a way to put their name on multiple camps. The messaging could also have a catch where if you kill 5 mobs in a new camp it removes your name from any other camps you were working on. Just having an idea if someone was there recently or especially who it was (skill check/ perception ranks?) could help open lines of communication with them and try to make the overall warcamping experience more enjoyable for everyone.

Jara
Re: This is getting rediculous 05/15/2016 05:28 PM CDT
You would have to be present when razing for that credit.

Loot and previous camp info for you is erased after you even enter a new/the latest camp.
Re: This is getting rediculous 05/29/2016 11:46 AM CDT
I haven't had too much issue with camps being burned after I'd been working them lately, but I do understand the frustration. Its even worse when I've done the work of scouting a huge area to find and then report a camp, work it down to less than 100 and have someone burn it while my head is clearing or I try for a raze task.

I think one possible fix would be to show who reported a camp on the chalkboard along with a time stamp, maybe it could be updated if someone enters a reported camp? Even if nothing was changed/added I think razing a camp with less than 100 grimswarm is probably a bad habit as you are bound to step on someone's toes using that tactic. Asking on the society thought net, and letting it be know loudly and often which camp you are working has proved very effective for reducing the camps that get burned before I get my loot.

Archales
Re: This is getting rediculous 05/30/2016 11:05 PM CDT

Increase the spawn rate of new camps.
Re: This is getting rediculous 05/31/2016 10:09 AM CDT
>Its even worse when I've done the work of scouting a huge area to find and then report a camp, work it down to less than 100 and have someone burn it while my head is clearing or I try for a raze task.

If you want to keep a camp all to yourself, then why are you reporting them?
Re: This is getting rediculous 06/01/2016 06:07 PM CDT
While I'm not necessarily going for entitlement, it can be frustrating.

I was travelling for work so not hunting much in April. But there was a 500-sized warcamp, literally sitting there for about a month totally untouched (I log in my characters for BOOSTS now even if I can't really play). Finally I have a chance to play, and someone razes it within several hours of me dropping it to below ~100.

Go to do some stuff this weekend, and I find two troll camps quite near each other. One has been reported, one has not. I again get the camp to below 100, but I want to finish my Gift with some bounties. I come back the next day and someone has razed the camp, meanwhile the one that had been reported is still sitting there.

For anyone that's going to swoop in, obviously a note that you've been inside won't help. On the other hand, WoE was nearby the time my 500 camp was scooped, so it's possible no one knew and it was a coincidence. Still, most people in the area I hunt probably don't want to go in there if I was in there recently; this has definitely gotten people killed before. But people are not obliged to hang out in town and be social either. It's unusual I even know who else is warcamping in the area, which makes it feel a little shadier when these camps disappear in a suspect time frame.

I do go in to get my treasure for the most part now, but sometimes I kill 200+ creatures without getting a key. Over the last months, my attitude is developing to not bother going into a camp unless I'm planning to raze it within several hours. Frankly it's become dog-eat-dog and if that's what other players want, it's how I have to play, too.
Re: This is getting rediculous 06/12/2016 10:16 AM CDT
I don't try to keep camps to myself, I report them because it is one of the task assignments. As I said in the very next sentence, I try to announce early and often what camp I am working and invite others to join, more the merrier.

The big concern for me continues to be getting credit for the raze and getting my boxes out of a camp I've been working. I do what I can on my end by keeping my thoughts open, talking to other guardians in town, and learned to pick boxes to limit my break time while working a camp.

If someone wants to go into a camp that has less than 60 or so grimswarm and burn it that's their choice, I just don't have much sympathy for them complaining when others call them poachers or parasites.

Archales
Re: This is getting rediculous 06/12/2016 03:26 PM CDT
Less than 60 theres not much excuse to plead ignorance. Anything higher though it can be terribly confusing to know if someone hasnt been in it in 15+ minutes. I once had a camp with 7 poached which is now funny but at the time I was irate. Mostly now what I do if I care about the loot or credit I pause outside the camp when I need to rest otherwise try to do it all at once.
Re: This is getting rediculous 06/13/2016 11:35 PM CDT
>Anything higher though it can be terribly confusing to know if someone hasnt been in it in 15+ minutes.

For a large town, yes. For a small town, when I hang out in public, and someone else parks an MA team at a table between hunts, there's a really easy way to know if anyone was in there. It's called being social...
Re: This is getting rediculous 06/14/2016 02:32 AM CDT
Obviously that doesn't always work if they don't rest in an area you frequent or care to be social...