F2P Guardians of Sunfist question 03/03/2016 12:44 PM CST
I made a f2p account to try GoS out. I'm usually in Voln. I reached rank 5's task and have read that I can't travel to River's Rest, but am required to travel there for the task. Is there a way around this, a la passes or another solution?

Thanks for any help
-S
Re: F2P Guardians of Sunfist question 03/03/2016 07:35 PM CST
You can't travel there via in-game methods, but you can buy Chronomage orbs to do so. Still seems kinda rough, though, to make someone paying $ for a society pass pay more $ to complete a society task. F2P should get 1 time only travel privileges to go to RR/Teras for the world tour. Be a good way for them to see the towns, too.
Re: F2P Guardians of Sunfist question 03/04/2016 07:38 AM CST
>I reached rank 5's task and have read that I can't travel to River's Rest,

RR and Teras travel restrictions were stated by staff during the F2P release. However, it has never actually been limited that I know of.

Did you read it anywhere other than here? https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/F2P#Geography

I edited gswiki to remove this erroneous information; if it ever becomes true we can put it back there.

F2P can get to River's Rest just the same as everyone else. I have a new F2P character on the Cutter as I type this.

I don't really know if this is an oversight of some kind, or something yet to materialize because there is no corresponding F2P item in the store, or what. Either way, you can get on with your task normally for now.

The deathbot will come back eventually.

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p