Fast Learn day changing off & on 10/25/2014 05:41 AM CDT
Didn't get the fast learn session yesterday so it's apparently changing again. Is there something we do that causes the day change or is it just something that happens occasionally? I rather liked having it happen Fridays.

Tanivar Somakre

"Healing, you want it, you shall have it."
Re: Fast Learn day changing off & on 10/25/2014 07:12 AM CDT
It starts the first time you absorb experience after it becomes available for the week, and the following week it will become available at the time it started this week.

So, if it was available to start Friday at 8, but you didn't learn anything until Saturday at 10, then Saturday at 10 becomes the new 'available' time going forward. If you want to always keep it at the same day and time, you need to make sure that you at least log in and throw out some trash or something to absorb a tiny amount of experience at that time.
Re: Fast Learn day changing off & on 10/25/2014 09:39 AM CDT

I used to wish that rather than the XXX being set by the player, that it would be set to begin when the Liabo moon was its fullest (which is once a week). Lore suggests that the moon affects the flows of mana.

At any rate, to have a reset date/time instead of when you earn experience would be my preference, if there was ever a way to have a choice.
Re: Fast Learn day changing off & on 10/25/2014 07:33 PM CDT
>It starts the first time you absorb experience after it becomes available for the week, and the following week it will become >available at the time it started this week.

>KIREN

It started my first log on today around 7pm elven. I was on & off yesterday hunting and healing from the wee hours to evening time, must have come available mid Friday evening or later.

Guess I'll start shifting it back to Friday now that I know how to do it. I was considering a break when I hit 80 at next training anyway. :)

Tanivar Somakre

Re: Fast Learn day changing off & on 10/28/2014 10:56 AM CDT
> Is there something we do that causes the day change or is it just something that happens occasionally? I rather liked having it happen Fridays.

Normally it starts 168 hours after it last started, or as soon after that as you absorb experience. I occasionally see it start earlier in the day e.g. if it had been starting at 1 p.m. occasionally it will start when I log in at 9 a.m. rather than the 4 hours later. Some game resets seem just to save the day and forget what time that day it started. I've never known it start up later than it should though.
Re: Fast Learn day changing off & on 10/28/2014 01:03 PM CDT
I typically play every day at various times during the day. My favorite way to spend free time. I've had the fast learn time move several days in the past in spite of play during those days. Figured it was just due to a game crash or something while I wasn't in game, something like the way the table list at the pawnshop reverses after a crash. The timer had just got altered or something. <shrugs>

I'll just suffer through a couple days of withdrawal off & on over the coming weeks and get it moved back to Friday a.m. I had planned last Friday and early Saturday to be free for playing through the fast learn session and it hadn't started as expected.

Tanivar Somakre

Re: Fast Learn day changing off & on 10/28/2014 02:06 PM CDT
It's 165 hours. That's 3 hours less than a full week.

So your XXX starts the later of (a) 165 hours after the last time it started, or (b) the next time you have experience in your bucket.
Re: Fast Learn day changing off & on 10/28/2014 04:35 PM CDT

>It's 165 hours. That's 3 hours less than a full week.

>KARDIOS

Great, I'll just back it up 3 hours a week and avoid the withdrawl. :)

Tanivar Somakre

Re: Fast Learn day changing off & on 10/28/2014 05:16 PM CDT
Ha, that's exactly what I do when I log in late or am on vacation or somehow miss the start.

It's been steady for years.