Earning experience 10/27/2011 12:41 PM CDT

What is the list of ways to earn experience around The Landing, at level 14, other than by practicing my profession and hunting.
Can exp. be earned from fishing & is fishing in the catagory of hunting?

I would like to try fishing, but don't want to spend my silvers on the gear involved if i won't earn any experience from it.

Thankyou.

Cai
Re: Earning experience 10/27/2011 12:48 PM CDT
Fishing is not considered hunting, at least not in the sense that you receive experience from it. There are a few professions that have alternate means of experience gain, empaths can heal for example, rogues lockpick, and clerics raise the dead. You could also pick up an artisan skill such as fletching, forging, or cobbling which will provide some experience but not at the same rate at which you would gain it from hunting. Aside from that, there are no other alternate methods of steady experience gain.

Player of Kyaloria
http://www.kyaloria.com
SN: GS Eunoia
Re: Earning experience 10/27/2011 01:34 PM CDT
By far the fastest method to advance without hunting or using professional abilities is by subcontracting skinning, foraging and gem tasks from the AG. As long as you can find someone to do the collecting for you, and don't run out of funds to pay them, this will match hunting (but not hunting plus bounties).

Fletching will match it for a time, but there is a limited number of fletching ranks where you gain experience fast enough to fry, and once you have mastered there is no more experience to be had from it. Further artisan skills provide more experience, but at diminishing returns. There's certainly enough experience available from artisan skills to get you into the 25-30 level range from level 14 but not much further.

Foraging and then throwing what you forage in the trash also provides small amounts of experience, but you will take forever to advance by them alone because the amounts are capped.

Lockpicking can be done by anyone, but you need an army of alts bringing their boxes to you to get enough boxes to advance a character.

GMs will hand out exp if they see RP they like or when they fix a bug you reported. You'll never get far from bug report exp, but RPAs vary enormously and can be worth huge amounts of exp.
Re: Earning experience 10/27/2011 06:00 PM CDT

Thankyou both for the info.

Cai