Lack of Enforcement of POLICY 18 07/22/2018 10:43 AM CDT
Depending on the day, I play at varying times. There are characters who are always logged in and hunting. Morning, afternoon, and night. Surely you all can monitor this fact?

I have lost track of the amount of times certain characters Kill/Skin/Loot/Move on in 1 second or less. If you are an Ambusher or Sniper and not visible when they walk in, their Scripts don't respond even if you come out of hiding quickly enough.

By not enforcing your own POLICY you are in actuality condoning the theft of items from one player by another.

I suppose I should just start killing them and taking back what they took from me.

-Avaia, player of
Re: Lack of Enforcement of POLICY 18 07/22/2018 11:14 AM CDT
>>Depending on the day, I play at varying times. There are characters who are always logged in and hunting. Morning, afternoon, and night. Surely you all can monitor this fact?

We can monitor when you were in, sure. We do not watch your specific actions as they happen though.

>>By not enforcing your own POLICY you are in actuality condoning the theft of items from one player by another.

Reviewing your account, you have not reported, assisted, or warned anything in the last 365 days. We cannot enforce something that isn't brought to our attention. If the comment about you feeling like they are always in game playing, we have many players who play on and off throughout the day. We also watch players who have been gaining experience for long stretches of time. I reviewed those names against all your characters on your account by level and I don't see any matching as people who may have never logged off who might be interfering with your hunting.

>>I suppose I should just start killing them and taking back what they took from me.

This is against our policy. I wouldn't recommend this.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Lack of Enforcement of POLICY 18 07/22/2018 11:46 AM CDT
Shouldn't be my job to police the game, but very well then. I will REPORT each and every time unresponsive characters essentially steal from one of mine.

Since you know them all, it mainly happens on my Rogue, who has gone from Illistim to Teras and back again in attempts to find Hunting Areas where critters aren't finished off/skinned/looted/*whoosh they are off in a flash* while I am right there. Repeatedly. Where I am not constantly wondering "Uh oh, I didn't kill it with that shot. Can I finish it off and loot it quickly enough, before XXXXXX rolls by again, so they won't steal it?"

I could name all the repeat offenders right here, but I imagine that is against posting policy and would just get the post pulled.

Avaia, player of
Re: Lack of Enforcement of POLICY 18 07/22/2018 11:54 AM CDT
P.S. With a stop in Darkstone where it happened multiple times, too.

P.P.S. I do appreciate you checking into it as much as you did, Wyrom. I'm just ticked off.

Avaia, player of
Re: Lack of Enforcement of POLICY 18 07/22/2018 11:57 AM CDT
Always hunt with a disk when you're playing a sneaky character. Most of the scripts that automate folk to the blatantly rude and potentially policy violating level will pass by rooms where disks are because the folk writing those scripts figures out long ago that rogues/rangers are more likely to REPORT people when their kills are repeatedly snatched away from them.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Lack of Enforcement of POLICY 18 07/22/2018 12:02 PM CDT
It was always the unwritten rule, wasn't it, Starchitin. Lately(the last few months) it hasn't mattered. Disk or no, it happens anyway. REPORTS to be filed I guess.

Yay, fun! (and by that I mean not fun at all).

Avaia, player of
Re: Lack of Enforcement of POLICY 18 07/22/2018 12:21 PM CDT
You can email me names, I'll investigate them.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Lack of Enforcement of POLICY 18 07/22/2018 12:39 PM CDT
If your character is a ranger, could always start spelling up the most powerful critters in the area when it happens...

It happens to my rogue sometimes in minotaurs, the jerks even pick up and walk off with whatever arrows I might have already put in the critters without killing them. Makes me wish I could curse my arrows to teach them a lesson.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Lack of Enforcement of POLICY 18 07/22/2018 02:01 PM CDT
This has been a complaint for as long as people have been complaining. Even with a disk, the disk is sometimes too slow and doesn't follow you quickly enough to the next room where a critter may be. It would be nice if there were a flag to toggle so you could be seen in the room, just as (hidden), to other characters. You would still be in hiding, but as this isn't a PvP game, there's no real reason not to display a character in hiding to other players.
Re: Lack of Enforcement of POLICY 18 07/22/2018 02:42 PM CDT
That is a pretty solid suggestion, right there. It'd mess with RP situations, no doubt. But if the lands is consistently getting less cordial, something probably should be done.

Another idea might be as simple as putting a screamer in place that triggers when a character has killed more than (I dunno, pick a number) 20 kills inside of 10 minutes when another character was in the room, not grouped. That can alert the team to take a peak and see what's what, too.

But yeah - if I'm unhappy, I know the onus is on me to take the first step.

Doug
Re: Lack of Enforcement of POLICY 18 07/22/2018 08:03 PM CDT
A while back familiars were reworked to be able to follow with you, instead of delayed. Can this be done with disks as well?

The flamepoint sand kitten hisses at a patchwork flesh monstrosity.
... 9 points of damage!