Poison Flares 07/14/2018 08:00 AM CDT
I'm not sure why these were offered at CCF and the more recent Midsummer Night's Festival given that they are so obviously below the current standards of flare offerings.

I understand completely that not all offerings have value to all players, but these flares are basically non-functional in their current iteration. There are a number of issues with the flares that make no sense.

The first being that no damage values are displayed. I wasn't even sure how they worked so I had to swing at another character just to verify that they were indeed functioning at all.

The poison flare does not apply any initial damage at all. This would be fine if it worked as a weaker version of the low steel psychic flares. The low steel psychic flares are a fantastic implementation of a DoT flare.

The poison flare, once applied, takes roughly 20 seconds between rounds to apply the damage. As a warmage, the mob will never take damage from the poison flare as I can swing roughly 10 - 15 times before the first poison round takes affect against the mob. Even if I was swinging at 5 seconds, that's 4 swings and most mobs are generally dead in 4 swings.

My suggestion is to update the poison flare code to work exactly like the low steel psychic flare code, but probably about 1/4 to 1/3 the damage of low steel psychic flares and obviously not be restricted to a certain metal or level requirement.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.