Failure to update DR Arena and Sewers 06/18/2018 05:32 PM CDT
I want to preface this by stating that I feel this is absolutely contemptuous on behalf of the company.

Pendants were removed from DR, which is fine. The main pendant piece was replaced by an RPA orb. Leaning pay to win, like the Lumnis event, but, fine. Scummy, but I can live with it.

All the other pieces, runes, ores, everything else, was just left. No plan. No reason. No value. You just replaced the main piece with an RPA orb and said "LOL DONE. BUY SIMUCOINS PLEASE.". It's like if EA sports released a Madden game every year but didn't even bother to update the rosters. What I'm saying is, there is a bare minimum you could have done. A BARE MINIMUM. And you didn't do it.
Re: Failure to update DR Arena and Sewers 06/18/2018 06:27 PM CDT
I'm glad all the pendant pieces were removed. Since I didn't care about the pendants, they were just one more hassle to deal with before I could hit the slab generator and spend all my BS there.

I'd also like to see all the 4x and below weapons removed from the sewers unless they have other special properties that make them worth keeping... though if they added a pawnshop to Duskruin that paid BS for them instead of silver, I'd be equally happy.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Failure to update DR Arena and Sewers 06/19/2018 10:41 AM CDT
Do you have suggestions for what updates you would like to see in the arena and sewers?

Also, are you aware of the 3 huge updates in the form of Poisoned Heretics, Silent Investors and Ophidian Cabal?
Re: Failure to update DR Arena and Sewers 06/19/2018 12:52 PM CDT
The sewer prizes were updated... they have four drops that upgrade the bags of holding.

Maybe the arena prizes could use some updates or let us trade in ore for bloodscrip instead of totems, or at very least make the pendant replace a 4x RPA orb since pendants were way more valuable than 3x orbs. Or just change the drop rate to reflect that they're 3x.

But even without that it's still the most scrip per entry and that's why I'm exclusively doing the arena this run.

https://gswiki.play.net/Leafiara
Re: Failure to update DR Arena and Sewers 06/19/2018 08:31 PM CDT
No, Veythorne, I haven't got any ideas on what I'd like to see. And you know why that is? It's because I haven't asked for ideas. Ideas would require more than the bare minimum of effort, which is all that should be expected. The bare minimum of effort would have been to at least assign a bloodscrip value with the archaeologist to the now defunct pieces that drop out of the arena to retain some manner of value.

We're talking about a single $1 ticket producing for the most average of us, a 5 minute arena run. That's $13 an hour we're paying for a fully automated system on top of our monthly subscription fees. The -bare- minimum would be to assign value to all the things that can drop for your $13 an hour. It's not like the ores constitute a large amount of the drops you get from the arena. It's not even like they were terribly valuable even when the pendants were a thing. But it's a miniscule amount of effort in order to assign value to them, or replace them with something that has value.
Re: Failure to update DR Arena and Sewers 06/20/2018 03:25 AM CDT
I'm glad they left the other pendant stuff. I needed totems (from the flat-etched stones) to finish some bloodrunes I wasn't able to complete at the last DR. People also need the ores to change the metal of their pendants. I hope the ore drops continue because I know I'll get tired of my pendant color at some point.

I really don't see why it's a big deal.