You fail to find an opening for your right-handed strike. 03/05/2018 05:18 AM CST
I posted this in game design before but it got ignored. Is it normal to get this messaging below every other attack on smaller creatures? In the scatter this could mean death. This also occurred in Duskruin Arena the last time I was in there which extremely impacts timing when it could sometimes take 20 seconds of getting this message on one critter. I don't really understand why it's 10 seconds with an axe and shield. I could see the typical 5-6 seconds... but 10 seconds? This never occurred a few years ago and now happens all the time.

You leap from hiding to attack!
You fail to find an opening for your right-handed strike.
Roundtime: 10 sec.

When you swing and miss it's 6 seconds. It doesn't really make much sense to me to occur this much round time.

Any info or help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Neovik
Re: You fail to find an opening for your right-handed strike. 03/05/2018 07:15 AM CST
I am curious about the response for this as well. If it is not a bug then why is there a RT penalty and why is there complete attack failure instead of hitting a random body part?
Re: You fail to find an opening for your right-handed strike. 03/16/2018 05:08 PM CDT
Just a note that I am getting this on my new Elf Warrior that is sword/board. (In previous postings of this bug, it was suggested it was more a problem with a Giantman, etc., but seems not to be the case I suppose)

I believe the creature she was trying to ambush in the open was a dark orc. She was 1x trained in Ambush at the time, if that helps. She has 0 training in TWC and should not be getting this message/10 sec RT hit.
Re: You fail to find an opening for your right-handed strike. 03/23/2018 03:29 PM CDT
This is a long-standing bug (18 months at least now iirc), where you get the 10s RT when you fail to find an opening with your main hand, and the game seems to think your shield is a weapon too.
Re: You fail to find an opening for your right-handed strike. 03/25/2018 12:11 PM CDT
If this is a bug and it hasn't been resolved then creatures that can trigger this in Duskruin Arena need to at least be removed. When you get this bug 3 times in a row that's 30 seconds cut off your time in the arena. I've had this happen in Duskruin multiple times in a row which severely impacts finishing. When you are paying extra money to go into an event you shouldn't be hindered by bugs that have been introduced that staff have failed to acknowledge.

But the better solution would be to just resolve the bug completely. :)
Re: You fail to find an opening for your right-handed strike. 03/25/2018 02:40 PM CDT
It’s also nice to know that t isn’t specific to Giantmen. Thanks for the info!

As a temp fix would it hurt to just hard code in RT at 5 or 6 seconds when this messaging is triggered and call it a day for now? Until it can be addressed at some point?
Re: You fail to find an opening for your right-handed strike. 03/25/2018 07:48 PM CDT
<For those concerned, I've a bug fix for this making it's way through the process. It got delayed a bit due to a higher priority issue, but I expect to get it out sometime this week.

Thanks to those that sent me snippets to help track it down.

Viduus>

Over on General Discussion About H&C
Re: You fail to find an opening for your right-handed strike. 03/26/2018 08:26 PM CDT

Awesome news! Thanks for the info Roblar!

Also to the GS Staff thanks for looking into this!