Simucon Scripted Item 12/19/2017 12:10 PM CST
May I please ask that we start working on the 2018 scripted item now as con is only 7-8 months away it would be stellar to get something NEW and not something thats been given out before and perhaps on time. Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,

Reused and confused from Landings.
Re: Simucon Scripted Item 12/19/2017 12:20 PM CST
This bird charm has a different setting. The default setting is a song bird. The dove has different messaging that offers some variety that not everyone would already have. The script was updated last year to support this, with new options now available this year.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Simucon Scripted Item 12/19/2017 05:18 PM CST

I gotta second this, I was fairly disappointed by it last year as I'm a ranger with an avian companion so it was a redundant kind of thing for my character... To essentially get the same thing (new messaging or not, it's still the same item) is kind of a cop out especially after waiting over 4 months for this. Maybe we could have a trade in choice for other similar level scripted items if we've got to take a repainted older item this go round?
Re: Simucon Scripted Item 12/19/2017 06:29 PM CST
Definitely something we can discuss.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Simucon Scripted Item 12/19/2017 07:19 PM CST
I mean you have to laugh at the fact we waited four months for this item and then you guys legit gave us the bird.
Re: Simucon Scripted Item 12/19/2017 07:54 PM CST
"This bird charm has a different setting. The default setting is a song bird. The dove has different messaging that offers some variety that not everyone would already have. The script was updated last year to support this, with new options now available this year."

What does this mean? I've looked at logs from the 2005 , 2016, and 2017 ones they all have the same messaging. I can't see a way to change a setting on it. Please show an example of how this one is different if you could please because im just not seeing it I could be missing something.
Re: Simucon Scripted Item 12/19/2017 08:06 PM CST
So, I don't really complain about anything. I'm always pretty chill. Don't get me wrong, I liked the first one. Granted, I never use it- I remember it having a very long cool down, and that limitation alone sent it to my locker. I'm not even certain where I put it, but I'm sure a lot of work was put into making it. I appreciate that work.

However, I'ma still be chill about this one and break from the silent majority I usually reside in and ask, can I just have another RPA orb instead of the bird? If not, will you please refund my contribution to the Indiegogo campaign?

-james, bristenn's player

You think to yourself, "FFF-"
A giant white bunny hurls a powerful lightning bolt at you!
You evade the bolt by a hair!

Re: Simucon Scripted Item 12/19/2017 08:54 PM CST
>This bird charm has a different setting. The default setting is a song bird. The dove has different messaging that offers some variety that not everyone would already have. The script was updated last year to support this, with new options now available this year. -Wyrom

I hesitate to point this out due to not wanting to sound like I'm pulling a smarmy 'well ACTUALLY' move, but last year's was also dove and had dove messaging.

Last year's dove, for reference, is captured on the wiki: https://gswiki.play.net/Cloisonne_turtle_dove_charm

A couple clips of this year's dove, which are the same as those shown on the aforementioned wiki page:

(after delivering a message)
A large-eyed purple dove flies in and lands on your shoulder, nuzzling your ear. Cooing softly, it begins to preen its feathers before slowly stilling its movement as the spell which animated it wears off.

>scratch my charm
You scratch your purple dove gently on the back of its head with your finger. The tiny bird lifts its head and coos, pressing against the tip of your finger.

It really looks like the new messaging update you mentioned happened prior to the release of last year's goodie bag and is reflected in the setting choice made for the 2016 bird charm.

For the record, I'd also be in favor of the option to trade this year's item in for a previous year's. The bird charms are neat, but I don't need two of them.

---
Walsor Gryhm says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 16 silver coins for it."
You think to yourself, "This deal is getting worse all the time."
Re: Simucon Scripted Item 12/19/2017 08:57 PM CST
I have emailed a couple times about getting my account linked to my SimuCon Goodie Bag purchase, but no such luck so far. GM Sleken, it would be good to have confirmation that you have seen my emails.
Re: Simucon Scripted Item 12/19/2017 09:03 PM CST
>For the record, I'd also be in favor of the option to trade this year's item in for a previous year's. The bird charms are neat, but I don't need two of them.

If we can't get this new, GM-killing scripted item finished and released, I would also vote for the option to swap these out for a different year's prize. Sorely disappointed in this. =(
Re: Simucon Scripted Item 12/19/2017 09:05 PM CST
>I mean you have to laugh at the fact we waited four months for this item and then you guys legit gave us the bird.

I can't even.

+100

ROFL
Re: Simucon Scripted Item 12/20/2017 01:57 AM CST
After 5 more Simucon goody bags

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/4007997/jungle-friends-ace-ventura-o.gif
Re: Simucon Scripted Item 12/20/2017 07:34 AM CST
<<Reply Reply
I have emailed a couple times about getting my account linked to my SimuCon Goodie Bag purchase, but no such luck so far. GM Sleken, it would be good to have confirmation that you have seen my emails.>>

I have two emails from you. One in the past day and one further back. I added you to the list to claim a giftbox. Are you not able to?

ASGM Sleken
Re: Simucon Scripted Item 12/20/2017 02:14 PM CST
It works now - thanks for your attention.