Raffle Restriction Clarity 09/07/2017 05:00 PM CDT
So, small incident. I finally win a raffle at the festival for fallen! I was super excited about the bane offerings, as I'd love to get a bane on my splitter weapon. The restrictions on the ticket claimed no undead bane, nothing weighted, nothing over 7x enchant...and no claids/naginatas/katanas. My splitter was none of these. It fit all the stated criteria.

My name comes up, HUZZAH!

Then my excitement turns instantly to bitter disappointment when they say my splitter is Ineligible. Because...I guess it just wasnt approved? I dunno its still a bit unclear.

My complaint: Please, please, please make the criteria more clear. Its fine if I knew upfront I couldnt get the work done on that weapon. Id've maybe put it on something else, if I had time to think on it before the raffle. But being denied what I thought was going to be an eligible just...fried my brain. I couldnt think of anything else. Someone else was able to get something nice to theirs, and thats fine...but...it just sucks thinking your gonna get one thing but getting another entirely.

No shade on the GM doing the service. I mean, his hands are tied, I get it. But damn guys. Ooof. Talk about an awesome experience becoming instantly a shitty one. Lets make the raffle restrictions more clear in the future pleas.e

/rant off.

Berbels shrilly exclaims, "Ise takings hims tos secretses lairses!"

Berbels grabs you and drags you east.
Re: Raffle Restriction Clarity 09/07/2017 05:07 PM CDT

am I right to think a 10x acuity (not enchant) enhancive runestaff would be rejected?
Re: Raffle Restriction Clarity 09/07/2017 05:09 PM CDT
Honestly I have no idea what the real restrictions are now. I thought I knew, but I guess I did not! My second immediate choice was 'Parasite Weapon!' but I was told no on that as well.

Re: Raffle Restriction Clarity 09/07/2017 05:10 PM CDT

>My second immediate choice was 'Parasite Weapon!' but I was told no on that as well.

my guess then is all combat scripts, which should definitely be specified on the ticket.
Re: Raffle Restriction Clarity 09/08/2017 10:24 AM CDT
IMO, you're due some kind of compensation. I get that you probably sold the win to someone else (implied in your post), so you ended up getting some coin out of the win, but that in my opinion is not an acceptable result. You presented an item that fit within the rules of the raffle ticket and then that item was rejected for unspecified reasons. And then you presented a second item that was denied as well after not being listed on the ticket as a no-no? That's total BS in my opinion. In situations like these, I feel the win should turn into a deferred claim until something reasonable can be worked out.
Re: Raffle Restriction Clarity 09/08/2017 12:39 PM CDT
I'm not sweating it. It happened, its done. Im counting on Karma to help me win this enchant raffle haha. Now, if they wanted to give me a 'we're sorry' RPA or something...Id not say no lol

Re: Raffle Restriction Clarity 09/08/2017 12:48 PM CDT

My non counting vote is to give him the enchant, especially if in Plat,