Simucoins 08/27/2017 10:17 AM CDT
Why offer them free with paid subscriptions and then cause you to lose them if you don't pick them up on time? I recently came back after a long absence and had no idea that they would go away, and not being used to the whole simucoin concept, I promptly forgot about them. The recent talk about the EG changes reminded me and I went to take a look and had less than should be there, or so I thought. It's kind of upsetting to have lost out on 2 months of simucoins for a plat subscription just because I didn't know as a returning player that I had to make sure to collect them every month.

If they are being given out for free and it's okay that we have them, then they should accumulate until you collect them. Offering them up and then snatching them back isn't cool.

Josh
Re: Simucoins 08/27/2017 11:39 AM CDT
One of the games I play on my phone has a daily reward, but I have to go claim it.

With that said... some ideas for GMs:
- have an in-game command to do it (similar to 'goals' and 'bbs'; consider this your reminder to add 'wiki' as a verb);
- have an in-game reminder if you are within 10 days of your next monthly renewal and your SimuCoins are unclaimed;
- add the info line to your 'simu duration' information;
or perhaps best case:
- have it automatically payoff in the same way PremiumPoints auto-increment.
Re: Simucoins 08/27/2017 11:43 AM CDT
They should at least tell returning players in an email that they have to go get them or lose them, and Gemstone is hardly a phone game.

Josh
Re: Simucoins 08/27/2017 12:50 PM CDT
We have emailed about it. And posted on the forums about it.. And made a news items about it. And posted on Facebook.

http://www.play.net/gs4/news.asp?id=1527

Wyrom, PM
Re: Simucoins 08/27/2017 01:57 PM CDT
I didn't get an email about it, perhaps because my account was closed at the time it was implemented. I've also not seen forum posts or Facebook announcements. Maybe those also happened while my account was closed. The news item I missed.

Still not happy that I missed out on something that is now going to be so important for my favorite festival.

Josh
Re: Simucoins 08/27/2017 02:21 PM CDT
All accounts, closed or open, received the email unless you have opted out of promotional emails. Checking your return date, your account was closed for the original email blast, but you should have received two others. I've done some reminder posts about it too. We have the forum topic specific for it as well.

Sorry you missed out on it. Hopefully you can start collecting them each month going from here.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Simucoins 08/27/2017 02:51 PM CDT
I just checked all the emails I've received since 2015 and there's nothing there. I seem to be getting all the invitations to pay events just fine. When returning there are thousands of posts and it's easy to miss a single post about it. I do intend to get them monthly now that I actually know about it. I have to wonder, though, what's the point of not just giving them to people? Why give them and then snatch them back if they are a bit slow?

Josh
Re: Simucoins 08/27/2017 03:05 PM CDT
Josh, could you forward me the emails you've received? I'd like to bring this up with onsite to find out why you're not receiving all the emails we send out. Having the emails will allow me to find out what was different about them. Send the older ones, if you can. Nothing since June 2017.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Simucoins 08/27/2017 04:18 PM CDT
Newsby runs a headline at least once a month reminding people to log in to the Simucoin store and claim their free ones. I will try to make sure it happens twice, but sometimes headline space is at a premium and all.

---
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
;tune towncrier
Re: Simucoins 09/04/2017 10:55 AM CDT
> We have emailed about it. And posted on the forums about it.. And made a news items about it. And posted on Facebook.

What's the actual point of requiring them to be manually claimed vs. just crediting the account every month though?

~ Methais
Re: Simucoins 09/04/2017 01:22 PM CDT
>>What's the actual point of requiring them to be manually claimed vs. just crediting the account every month though?

Data. Probably for marketing.

Doug
Re: Simucoins 09/04/2017 11:02 PM CDT
Also, if you log into the store to press the button, you're at the store and might buy something.

A quick flick of Wyrom's wrist sends a dagger into flight!
The thorny barrier surrounding you blocks Wyrom's attack!
One of the vines surrounding you lashes out at Wyrom, driving a thorn into his skin! Wyrom flinches slightly.
Re: Simucoins 09/05/2017 01:35 PM CDT
For crying out loud. Do you even want to play the game at all, or should the entire thing be automated? It's a perk, you have to remember to collect them. Just like the login rewards, you actually have to login to collect them. Or maybe Wyrom should remote control all our computers and do that for us too.....

This isn't normal!
What do you mean this isn't normal!?!
This is way worse!!
Re: Simucoins 09/05/2017 01:38 PM CDT
"Or maybe Wyrom should remote control all our computers and do that for us too....." -- ArsenaultL1

report I think Wyrom's player is MA bot-scripting...
Re: Simucoins 09/05/2017 09:36 PM CDT
<< For crying out loud. Do you even want to play the game at all, or should the entire thing be automated? It's a perk, you have to remember to collect them. Just like the login rewards, you actually have to login to collect them. Or maybe Wyrom should remote control all our computers and do that for us too..... >>

Perhaps you should pay attention to what you read before you respond. If you had, you'd know that it had nothing to do with forgetting to collect them.

Josh
Re: Simucoins 09/06/2017 02:38 PM CDT
You said yourself you forgot after you returned.

>>I promptly forgot about them ~MAXMANJ (Josh)

Here is an excerpt from the announcement plus the link to it if you would care to reread it:

>>After your subscription has been successfully renewed each month, a SimuCoin Reward will be available for you to claim in the store. The amount depends upon your subscription tier! These coins will never expire once claimed, they’re yours to use or save as long as your account is active and billing!

>>Simply head on over to the SimuCoin Store, sign in, and select your game. If a reward is available, you will have the option to Claim Reward! It’s as simple as that!

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/GemStone%20IV%20Announcements/Important%20Announcements/view/2749

Perhaps if you had paid attention when you read the announcement, you could have saved yourself the heartache.

This isn't normal!
What do you mean this isn't normal!?!
This is way worse!!
Re: Simucoins 09/08/2017 08:17 AM CDT
<< You said yourself you forgot after you returned. >>

As I said, you need to learn how to read better. I never knew that they had to be redeemed monthly and stated that.

<< Here is an excerpt from the announcement plus the link to it if you would care to reread it: >>

Can't re-read something that was never seen or known about, but keep trying.

Josh