Sylvan Wares 05/08/2011 07:53 PM CDT
I'd like to get your opinions on what you'd like to see in a sylvan trade caravan of wares - these need to be things that the sylvans involved could easily craft on their own while travelling and without much use of anything in a settled town. Think natural materials - wood, floral (wild not cultivated), minimal metals easily obtained, fabrics such as hide and cotton, etc.

I'd also like to hear about what kind of things you envision regarding food, magical items, and weapons/armor. Keep in mind this is not an auction or a means to obtain high-quality items, it is a simple trading caravan

~Naionna

Not really an embassy, per se, but more like a "oh fine, let them sort it out, let's go have a doughnut" sort of deal. - Xynwen, on CHE annexes
Re: Sylvan Wares 05/08/2011 08:35 PM CDT
"Wild growing" clothes.
Grass skirts, woven lichen hats, flower garlands, wooden sole shoes, and bark armor come to mind. (comma comment anyone?)
I'm also seeing "nomad" like supplies.
Rolled bundles of stick fencing, wooden bowls and plateware, snares and other traps, cooking tripods made of staves, etc.

Ack! Scarab!
Re: Sylvan Wares 05/08/2011 10:39 PM CDT
Archery stuff:
Some bows made from linden, yew, silver maoral, and so forth.
Some fletchings made from various bird feathers and other materials.
Various scripted polishing cloths and oils.
Bowstrings - please bring these back. Ideally, make it so you can remove and replace them, too.
Scripted bows and quivers off the shelf.
Bow scripts as a merchant service.

Lots of chainsil, leather, suede, and fur clothes. Some bark or wood jewelry.

Some lore items -- sylvan sticks, scrolls, books, meaningful stones, anything like that.

"Organic" weapons -- nature-themed iron, bronze, or faenor blades.

Magical items with nature spells: call wind, tangleweed, light, darkness, etc. Use sticks, stones, bits of cloth, etc, as the items. Magical fruits and flowers would work, too.

Walking sticks, waterskins, clay pots, and other sylvan craftworks.

Bolts of cloth and other materials for cobbling or for special alterations.

Bring back those pup-tents that Cirath made for EG09.

That's all I can think of for now.

~ Nuadjha, the Briar Fox

You inhale deeply upon your pipe, puckering your lips as you send out three rings of smoke before you, then puff out a small vine of smoke that darts right through all three which causes them to disperse in a hazy shroud!
Re: Sylvan Wares 05/08/2011 10:48 PM CDT
Ooo.... where to start... These are just off the top of my head.

- weaving items! I can dump a bunch of ideas on you if you want them.
- cobbling items, including amber beads, doeskin uppers, beads of various woods, feather trims, colorful quill settings, trims of various furs, dyes using sylvan shades, etc.
- Bound for Fashion bliauts with accompanying girdles
- hairstyling jewelry including wooden hairsticks, amber or flower hairjewels, leather cord hair-ties, sheer silk hair ribbons, and so on
- I've always loved wooden tiles for jewelry or other embellishment for some reason
- various scripted Imaeran or Gosaenan ritual items, including symbols, prayer mats, altars, idols and so on. Weatherby scripts for the symbols and prayer mats would be wonderful.
- scripted scrying bowls, as it is one of the methods favored by sylvans, hopefully with a way to unlock them
- clothes made from chainsil, linen, raw silk, organza and other light, but not opulent materials
- sylvan-style lockmastery clasps

Gretchen

Meeting Nilandia: http://www.gsguide.net/index.php?title=Nilandia
Nilandia's GS4 Info Repository: http://www.nilandia.com
AIM: Lady Nilandia
Re: Sylvan Wares 05/09/2011 12:57 AM CDT
Sweetgrass baskets, backpacks, mats, you can waeve them into many items. Maybe bamboo could be used in place of steel on backpacks? A bamboo framed sweetgrass woven backpack? A sweetgrass woven prayer mat or sleeping mat. You could lay fur blankets down on it for sleeping or sitting. These would be easy to roll up when you travel alot.

Also I think clay pottery would be possible too, and more use of furs and hides. Also fired clay can be used for jewelry, like cameo style
Re: Sylvan Wares 05/11/2011 02:49 PM CDT
Things with Mithril such as razors and knives for skinning.

I really like the bamboo idea.