OOC Sylvankind Meeting! 02/22/2011 06:54 PM CST
Greetings!

There will be an OOC informational meeting regarding the Sylvankind race for Prime on March 1st, and for Platinum on March 8th. Both meetings will be held at 9:00pm Eastern and portals will be set out in all major cities.

Wehnimer's Landing - Small Park
Solhaven - North Market
Icemule - Town Center
Teras - Dragonspine and Krodera
Ta'Illistim - Briarstone Court
Ta'Vaalor - Amaranth Court
River's Rest - Commons
Mist Harbor - Commons

This is an informational meeting and is considered OOC. Please bring your ideas, thoughts, and concerns as I'll be taking notes as well as discussing the upcoming goals I have set for the Sylvankind race!

~Naionna

Not really an embassy, per se, but more like a "oh fine, let them sort it out, let's go have a doughnut" sort of deal. - Xynwen, on CHE annexes
Re: OOC Sylvankind Meeting! 02/22/2011 07:09 PM CST
Looking forward to it!

Gretchen

Meeting Nilandia: http://www.gsguide.net/index.php?title=Nilandia
Nilandia's GS4 Info Repository: http://www.nilandia.com
AIM: Lady Nilandia
Re: OOC Sylvankind Meeting! 02/22/2011 10:49 PM CST
Please post a log of it, I can't attend, I work nights.
Re: OOC Sylvankind Meeting! 02/23/2011 08:16 AM CST
>>Please post a log of it, I can't attend, I work nights.

Seconded, except in my case it's just that I can't generally do Tuesdays.
Re: OOC Sylvankind Meeting! 03/01/2011 11:01 PM CST
Tritto!

I'd really like a log of this please, thank you :)
Re: OOC Sylvankind Meeting! 03/02/2011 12:24 PM CST
Me, too! I had to work last night and didn't get to make it unfortunately... (sad face)

--The Goddess of Silken Cascadia

(Maetriks runs a hand along her leather bodysuit and vigorously rubs off the Krolvin goop.)

Blood and bits of krolvin drop from Maetriks's bodysuit.
Re: OOC Sylvankind Meeting! 03/17/2011 01:46 PM CDT
I'm just begging now: anyone? Log?
Re: OOC Sylvankind Meeting! 03/18/2011 08:29 PM CDT
Seconded, I been waiting patiently for a log.

Shartoose
Re: OOC Sylvankind Meeting! 03/23/2011 04:40 PM CDT
As requested!

You say, "Wonderful. Let's get started then! I'd like to tell you a bit about myself, first."
You say, "Alright, so I've been on staff for around four years now."
You say, "However, I've played Gemstone and loved Gemstone for much longer."
You say, "Mostly, I've played Sylvans, though I have dabbled in a few other races as well."
You say, "I've a great passion for the race and its culture and I can't begin to explain how excited I am to be given the chance to work on it."
You say, "Just to give you an idea of my thinking and creativity in regards to the Sylvans, I give you as an example "The Gathering of the Crow Moon" which was my release a few years ago."
You say, "It was a sylvan encampment opened up near Ta'Illistim for a weekend."
You say, "Hopefully some of you were able to see it and visit the festival."
You say, "I also co-wrote the documentation released just about 6 months later regarding Lassaran Clothing and Dyes."
You say, "That is now up on the website and able to be viewed for those unaware."
You say, "I want to see a mix of things happen for the race while I have the chance to work on it."
You say, "I'd like to see at least 2-3 documents released this first year, with at least 1-2 more the following year."
You say, "I think there is a plethora of information about the culture as a whole that has not been explored and I intend to delve into some of that."
You say, "I'd like to explore not only Lassaran influences, but also the traditional customs as well."
You say, "At times, I'll be holding contests for player input."
You say, "Other times I'll be asking for Wordsmith help."
You say, "And of course, sometimes I'll write it myself."
You say, "But I do think that a variety of means for these documetns is necessary to give a variety of views."
You say, "I'd like to also say that my intention is never to walk over the established roleplay or customs of those who play sylvans."
You say, "But it is a bit difficult to not do that sometimes when you are writing documentation on a race that does not have a lot established already."

Mithrozhka says, "Are we basing the races on any previous literature."
Mithrozhka asks, "Or just inventing what makes sense for Elanthia?"

You say, "I'm basing any documentation off of a foundation of what is already published."
You say, "For instance, marriage rites are being worked on now for documentation."
You say, "There is very little said about marriage for sylvans, but what is there is being used as a base for the document."
You say, "Because I'd like to see a mix of both Lassaran and traditional influences in the documentation, you will see some new things (Lassaran) and some traditional (based on previous documentation) information."
You say, "I dont' want to run over the traditional customs, but I do feel that Lassaran have changed things naturally over time as they travel and are experiencing the world outside of their home."
You say, "Hopefully that makes sense."

You say, "The other thing I'd like to see happen is more cultural events. Those are not quite as easy to get into because Sylvan are naturally private people."
You say, "I have to walk a thin line between what is realistic for a tribe of nomadic sylvans who would value their privacy, and allowing the players to be and experience a part of that."
You say, "I don't want to break that barrier too heavily because it would do the culture an injustice. However, I do believe that we have some opportunities for events that would be realistic."

You say, "Alright, its time for questions or comments you may have about documentation please. We'll discuss events in a bit."
Speaking in Elven to you, Hopai says, "Chaos in particular, will the documentation provide some better understanding of what or who sylvans choose as patrons, especially as you just said based on the different tribes."
You say, "Based on documentation previously established for Sylvans, they believe in balance."
You say, "They do not favor Liabo over Lornon, for instance."
Speaking in Elven, Hopai says, "But some might."
You say, "They do have a favored Patron, Imaera, of course. But she is not the only Arkati they may call upon for insight."
You say, "So I try not to establish them as one or the other. Now, of course, Lassaran may feel differently. And there will always be an individual who cares to do something different."
Speaking in Elven, Hopai says, "Well that would be kinda the point of askin about documents, especially for those that wander."
You say, "I have no intentions on changing that perspective of balance and favoring Imaera, but not really choosing one side or another in the Liabo vs. Lornon debate when it comes to discussion of traditional values."
You say, "But I do think that Lassaran as a whole would still favor Imaera."

Speaking in Elven to you, Hopai says, "Then I suppose the question should have been, will there be documents that."
Speaking in Elven to you, Hopai says, "Would support lassaran reasons for choosing otherwise."
You say, "My vision of Lassaran has always been that of a people that still believe in the core values of their people but time and circumstance has opened them up to other ideas as well. So they may put a twist on things, or sometimes add something entirely new to the mix. But I don't think that they (as a whole, not individuals of course) would necessarily let go of their core values all together."
You say, "So yes, I think that the documentation will support that."
Nuadjha says, "If I can jump in, I don't think you need documentation to give you permission to be different, as long as you know what the norm is."
You say, "Exactly."
You nod to Nuadjha.
You say, "Please don't see the documentation as the end all be all of sylvans."
You say, "Its definitely not."
You say, "Its a guideline only for the culture as a whole."
You say, "We are all individuals and special in our own right outside of the 'casual character' who is alwyas in the background."
You say, "The unseen characters who populate cities, have families and are only 'discussed'."
You say, "We are separate from them and special and I think that documentation refers to the 'general' populace."
You say, "We can obviously deviate as we wish."
You shrug.
You say, "But the documentation is there to give anyone who might want to know in 'general' about sylvans what their culture is like."
Speaking in Elven to you, Hopai says, "I more meant its nice to have some established base to refer to if you want to deviate."
You say, "It doesn't mean all sylvans are that way, it means the 'general populace' is that way."
You say, "Hopefully that clears it up for you."

You ask, "Any other questions?"
Ayamei asks, "Will there be anything included about the location of, or what life is like in yuriquen?"
You say, "I plan to explore Yuri'quen, yes."
You say, "Its important to mention that those plans are not approved yet, only my plans."
You grin.
You say, "The only documentation I have approved to work on so far are Marriage Rites, and a small collection of sylvan lore."

Lanthria asks, "'I was wondering if there are any chances of new shops or revisions of older ones, or new verbs, or contests. What sort of storylines and plots might we look forward to, please?"
You say, "As of yet, I do not have any storylines planned this year."
You say, "I have events, but no storylines yet."

Lanthria asks, "Also will the translation of the actual language be available?"
You say, "No, I have no plans for that at this time."

You say, "As for shops and events, I do have some plans for those things this year."
Speaking hopefully to you, Nilandia asks, "Encampment?"
You say, "I'm working on some approvals for some permanent shops that sell traditional sylvan food, for instance."
You say, "I know its been asked for a lot and I'm working on it."
You say, "Its still in the approval stages."
Nilandia says, "There are some places to pick some up already. It's up in Eastern Harbor."
Mischung softly says, "A traveling lassaran wagon train that was in each city one a month would be neat."
You say, "I'm also in the stages of approval on some 'swap meet' type of events similar to the wagon train you mentioned."
You say, "I feel that its realistic that wandering Lassaran would stop once in a while to stock up on things."
You say, "That opens up opportunity for trade."
You say, "However, I don't plan for it to be a spectactular offering of uber goods."
You say, "I'm thinking more along the lines of skins, leather items, cobbling items, flora, herbs, fletching and archery items."
You say, "Some simple jewelry."
Nilandia asks, "Weaving?"
You say, "Yes weaving, I think that's very appropriate."
You say, "And there absolutely won't be any raffles just so you're aware."
You say, "I just can't justify raffles for the Lassaran."
You say, "But there will be ways to give out nicer things."
Ayamei asks, "Different herbs or remedies?"
You say, "I'd like to eventually see some more traditional herbs and remedies that are sylvan made."

You ask, "Alright, any more questions on documentation or events?"
Speaking in Elven to you, Hopai says, "Any chance of getting some items dropped in the hopper that date back to things like shadowguard or the long journey."
Speaking in Elven, Hopai says, "As far as more decorative."
You ask, "You mean for random treasure?"
Speaking in Elven, Hopai says, "Yes,"
You say, "That's realy up to the GM who makes the items."
You say, "Each GM makes their own items for the treasure system and its up to their discretion."
You say, "I am hoping to have some historical items released over the next year or two but nothign that would go into the random treasure system."

Speaking to you, Nuadjha suggests, "As for events, what about the possibility of some sort of harvest or seasonal festival?"
You say, "That's a good idea."
You nod.
You say, "I will definitely look into it."
Speaking to you, Nuadjha says, "I could see the Sylvans welcoming in visitors for such a special event, in a spirit of openness and celebration."
Nuadjha nods.
You nod.

Speaking to you, Maeriel asks, "Anything in depth about the Ki'Tyesteron and/or the Ne'Yuscarl?"
You say, "Not as of yet. However, if you have suggestions or thoughts, please send them my way."
Speaking to you, Maeriel says, "Will do, thanks."

Speaking softly to you, Mischung asks, "As Lassarn, clearly im not resident anywhere, anyway you can lean on the city guru's to allow Sylvans full citizenship rights?"
Mischung softly says, "Mainly the Nations."
You ask, "You can have citizenship rights in the Landing, can't you?"
Mischung softly says, "I mean elf is elf, wether sylvan or not."
Lanthria says, "Well not really, we welcome half-sylvans."
Speaking in Elven to Mischung, Hopai says, "Partial in vaalor is not that bad, you still appear mostly as a full one."
Lanthria says, "Most elves would not welcome half-elves."
Maeriel says, "Landing would be closest to Yuriqen? Or Icemule.."
Mischung softly says, "I dont undestand how Aeoloti get prefrence of Sylvan."
You say, "Aelotoi were given citizenship by the Queen due to past events."
You shrug.

Speaking in Elven to you, Mirrami suggests, "How about a Sylvan/Ardenai cross-culture event. I can see them having a history together. Since the Ardenai are a bit less nomadic it would be a good way to draw out sylvans."
You say, "The sylvan purposefully cut themselves off from the Elven Houses, I'm not sure that it would be a good idea to try and circumvent that."
You say, "In fact, most of their lives were spent avoiding being involved with the Elven Houses in any manner."
You say, "Which is why they travelled from place to place."
You say, "Each time they were found, they moved again."
You say, "So while yes, they do have some things in common, the Ardenai and the Sylvans, I don't think it would be feasible to join them together."
Mischung softly says, "As Lassarn, which i deem synonomous as worldly, i find Illistim a much better place then "Y-city"."
You say, "And I can certainly understand why Ta'Illistim would not offer full citizenship."
Speaking in Elven, Hopai says, "Some sylvan even would say ther more pure then any elves."
You nod to Hopai.
You say, "Yes, some do believe they are the pure race of elves."
Nuadjha says, "I don't imagine any living sylvan has actually seen Yuri'qen, if I recall my dates properly."
Nuadjha ponders.
You say, "None living, no."
Nuadjha says, "Maybe some decrepitly old ones."
You say, "The sealing was too long ago."
Nilandia says, "We don't actually have a date for when Yuriqen was sealed off."
You say, "They would have to be very very old."
Nilandia says, "I'd love to have one."
You say, "I'm going to work on that as well."
You say, "I feel there is more to be learned in that regard."

Speaking in Elven to you, Hopai says, "Would it please be possible to get some documentation that clarifies the often mistaken assumption that sylvarreand is a sylvan town."
You say, "That's more up to the Elven Nations guru but I'll ask her about it."
Speaking in Elven, Hopai says, "As the meaning of the word is clear."
Speaking in Elven, Hopai says, "But assumed to be something else."

Mithrozhka says, "I wonder if there is a way that we can live in trees if we choose."
Mithrozhka says, "I mean Sylvans."
You ponder.
Maeriel says, "It'd be cool to have a tree-neighborhood."
Ayamei says, "A premium neighborhood."
You say, "You know, that's a great idea and one that I've always loved to think about as a sylvan.. but I'm not sure how I'd pull it off."
You chuckle.
Mithrozhka says, "Perhaps be able to construct a temporary dwelling."
Mithrozhka says, "Or carry something light that allows us to build tents."
Mithrozhka says, "The hides, poles, etc."
Mithrozhka says, "Or even kill a couple of beasts and forage some sticks."
You say, "Now.. I always really loved Cysaegir because its all built into trees and such."
You say, "I'm not sure about that, but its something I'll consider."

You exclaim, "Next up is the discussion of verbs!"
You say, "I'd like to look into getting some new verbs for the sylvan."
You say, "So I'm going to ask that you guys start thinking about what you would like to see happen."
You say, "I'll be asking for suggestions very soon on the boards so please check there and don't be shy to suggest things to me either in email or on the response there."
Speaking to you, Nuadjha asks, "Any possibility of opening up some sylvan verbs to half-sylvans?"
You say, "I'll have to think over that a bit."
You nod to Nuadjha.

You say, "Aside from that, I'll just say that I plan to do something every quarter as I can over the next year. Please make sure that you're checking the boards for the Sylvan race as well."

You ask, "Any final questions or concerns?"
Speaking in Elven to you, Hopai says, "An this might be a bit of a sensative one."
Speaking in Elven to you, Hopai says, "But thres been alot of chatter about gender specific or what is or what not considered appropriate for elves,, what is your thinking on that as far as the sylvans."
You say, "I'm not quite sure I understand your question."
Speaking in Elven to you, Hopai says, "The concept of r/p that is not traditional male and female."
You ask, "You mean homosexual?"
Speaking in Elven, Hopai says, "Or bisexual."
You say, "I have no stance on that."
You say, "Nor will there be any official stance on it for the race."
You say, "That's a personal RP choice."

TLDR Version -

1)I'm way excited to become the Sylvan guru as I've loved the culture for quite some time and choose to play Sylvans more often than not.

2)My focus will be on releasing documentation and holding a few events this year - goal is to release 1 per quarter if time permits. Documents will consist of Marriage Rites and a small collection of sylvan lore. Events will focus on trading caravan type of events that release some sylvan specific wares into the game. I'm going to also consider a small type of festival for next year based on suggestions.

3)I will also be focusing on creating some new sylvan specific verbs, including a few for half-sylvan. I'll be posting on the boards to request your input in what may possibly be a contest in the near future so consider what you'd like to see!

4)Players are requesting information regarding Yuriqen and various other sections of the sylvan culture outside of Lassaran. My focus this year is on traditional Yuriqen customs and Lassaran adaptations of them but next year I will consider these others as documentation focus. If you have thoughts on what you'd like to see, let me know!

~Naionna

Not really an embassy, per se, but more like a "oh fine, let them sort it out, let's go have a doughnut" sort of deal. - Xynwen, on CHE annexes
Re: OOC Sylvankind Meeting! 03/23/2011 11:06 PM CDT
Thank you!

--The Goddess of Silken Cascadia

(Maetriks runs a hand along her leather bodysuit and vigorously rubs off the Krolvin goop.)

Blood and bits of krolvin drop from Maetriks's bodysuit.