Sylvan Guru 01/19/2011 10:00 AM CST
GM Naionna has stepped up and accepted the role as the guru for the sylvan race. I'm very excited for this, as Naionna has long held an interest and passion for the sylvan and will be a great asset to the race. She should be posting in the next day or two, so inundate her with your questions and congratulations!

Many thanks to Andraste for her time and expertise as sylvan guru and welcome to Naionna!

--Xynwen--
"My real name is Mephistopheles, but you can call me baby"
Re: Sylvan Guru 01/19/2011 10:37 AM CST
Go Naionna! The Sylvans are lucky to have you. Congratulations!

Dex
Re: Sylvan Guru 01/19/2011 11:05 AM CST
Woohoo! I was hoping it would be Naionna!

Gretchen

Meeting Nilandia: http://www.gsguide.net/index.php?title=Nilandia
Nilandia's GS4 Info Repository: http://www.nilandia.com
AIM: Lady Nilandia
Re: Sylvan Guru 01/19/2011 03:42 PM CST
Yay Naionna!

First request: Toggle for sylvan listen verb, pretty please?

Khlat taps A HEAVY SANGUINE WOOLEN CLOAK, which is in his right hand.

Khlat exclaims, "Oh whoa!"
Re: Sylvan Guru 01/19/2011 04:13 PM CST
Yes, please! Toggle for the listen verb!

And then, you can bring back the encampment festival!

Gretchen

Meeting Nilandia: http://www.gsguide.net/index.php?title=Nilandia
Nilandia's GS4 Info Repository: http://www.nilandia.com
AIM: Lady Nilandia
Sylvan Guru - Introduction! 01/19/2011 05:59 PM CST
Hi all!

First, let me just say YAY! I'm very excited about taking on the sylvan race development and I can't wait to get started. I'd like to give you a bit of background on me so that you know what you've gotten yourself into (hehe). I have been on staff for a bit over 3 years, and in that time I have been a guru for a few areas. I'm familiar with the pressures and the time needed to make sure it is done correctly and I am looking forward to the hard work needed to do the race justice. I still play Gemstone, in both Platinum and Prime, and play sylvans regularly in both instances. Sylvans, in fact have always been a passion of mine.

When I was first hired for staff, my first goal was to create and release a sylvan cultural event and though it took me over a year to create and release, it ended up being the most fun I have had in a long time with a project. I also collaborated with former GM Andraste on the documentation released after the event. I enjoyed both of those endeavors very much and look forward to doing more of this in the future as the official Guru. I only hope that I can do the race the justice that I think it deserves.

Last, but not least, I plan to hold a meeting in the near future for those interested in the development of the sylvan race. I'd like to have it be an open house of sorts, where I meet the players who have a deep interest in sylvans, and you get to learn a bit more about my personality as well. I'd like you to ask questions, bring your thoughts and concerns, and of course any suggestions that you have for the sylvan race.

Thanks for taking the time to read this! I look forward to meeting with you soon!

~Naionna
Platinum Guru
Platinum MHO Guru
ALAE Guru
Sylvan Guru
EPP Team

Not really an embassy, per se, but more like a "oh fine, let them sort it out, let's go have a doughnut" sort of deal. - Xynwen, on CHE annexes
Re: Sylvan Guru - Introduction! 01/19/2011 09:13 PM CST
Good luck, Naionna! After seeing this:

~Naionna
Platinum Guru
Platinum MHO Guru
ALAE Guru
Sylvan Guru
EPP Team

My first thought was, "My goodness, they are going to squash the poor woman with all those responsibilities."

My second was how apt the last title was, with an additional E, that is. I'd go EEPP with all that on my back, too.

Good luck!
Re: Sylvan Guru - Introduction! 01/20/2011 01:46 PM CST
Yay multi-tasking! Gooooo Naionna!

~Raliel~
~Platinum Forum Moderator~
Re: Sylvan Guru - Introduction! 01/20/2011 05:48 PM CST
... good lord... and you've actually MET most of the sylvan players... you're just a glutten for punishment... if I send you cookies can I have a toggle?

Khlat taps A HEAVY SANGUINE WOOLEN CLOAK, which is in his right hand.

Khlat exclaims, "Oh whoa!"
Re: Sylvan Guru - Introduction! 01/22/2011 09:07 PM CST
I'm excited about this! I may have to work my schedule around this proposed meeting. (Mr. Burns' Voice:) Excellent.

--The Goddess of Silken Cascadia

(Maetriks runs a hand along her leather bodysuit and vigorously rubs off the Krolvin goop.)

Blood and bits of krolvin drop from Maetriks's bodysuit.
Re: Sylvan Guru - Introduction! 02/17/2011 01:20 AM CST
Mmm.. so, I just wanted to say that I am totally holding my breath in anticipation for a meeting. I'm really excited to see what's in store for my favorite character!

It'd be kinda neat to have some kind of permanent encampment, maybe just west of the Dragonspine where the Silver Veil would be located? Maybe have a shop or an NPC or two. Just anywhere that Maeriel could go and hang around and kind of feel like a part of something, even if she's the only one there. Sometimes those that wander ARE lost.

Also, <3333 Sylvans!