runestaves from festival 08/02/2017 11:57 PM CDT
I have a question about the runestaves from the festival. I bought several, very excited about the scripts, and being a wizard could 411 them, and have a 4x. or even 5x flaring staff with zest! BUT they wont except the 411 cast on them. It bounces off like they were blessed or otherwise not eligible. I checked them at the AI crystal. (You touch the crystal with one hand, your rowan scepter in the other hand. Tiny sparks of brilliant golden light dance across your scepter. A red beam shoots up from your scepter toward the ceiling. You touch the crystal with one hand, your oak scepter in the other hand.)Yet neither one will accept the 411 cast on it. (And yes, I have enough lore to cast on a 1x staff.)

Is this a bug, or where they intended to work this way? I'm so sad, I bought so many, so excited!
Re: runestaves from festival 08/03/2017 06:14 AM CDT

>Is this a bug, or where they intended to work this way? I'm so sad, I bought so many, so excited!

intended as they are scripted. even fluff scripts will prevent 411
Re: runestaves from festival 08/03/2017 03:48 PM CDT
darn! Ok, I'll go cry into my pillow. Good to know for future merchants though. Well, looks like I have some enchanting projects instead....lots and lots of enchanting projects.