Chronomage travel 10/11/2012 02:36 PM CDT
I know that people love their beloved towns, and hate to move just to hunt. There are those that love the landing and hate to leave, river's rest and I personally hate to leave Illistim for any length of time. OTF takes forever to fill my head unless I am fortunate to get a bounty and then only if I manage to be at least half full when I turn it in.

I know it is difficult, resource wise, to make new hunting areas and stock them with difficult and interesting creatures to hunt.

What if one hunting area could be created for post-cap with the creatures varying in age from 100 to 120ish and the mode of travel would be to purchase an orb from the chronomages. It wouldn't be the 100k that it costs to cross-realms travel but more like a gold ring there and back. You could purchase a special orb that takes you to some far off hunting area that the chronomages discovered and since they are in all the major towns, you can get there from any office.

I would like to see something in the Sea of Fire, or somewhere forbidden. It would be fun :)

Velvette...bowcrazy
Re: Chronomage travel 10/12/2012 02:33 PM CDT

You may offer me silvers any time in any town to open a grimswarm camp with critters 100 and over...business opportunity!
Re: Chronomage travel 10/12/2012 08:10 PM CDT
That's a really cool idea.
Re: Chronomage travel 10/18/2012 06:10 PM CDT
I like to hunt Grimswarm but honestly I'm an empath, I can't hunt them by myself very well.

One on one, yeah but they swarm. I would be a dead puff, kind of like soloing bandits.

Velvette...bowcrazy
Re: Chronomage travel 10/18/2012 08:43 PM CDT
I'll grab you next time I'm showing the bandits how it's done :D
Re: Chronomage travel 10/18/2012 09:17 PM CDT
Why wait until there are bandits to grab her? I prefer to do that sort of thing when the mood strikes.
Re: Chronomage travel 10/19/2012 05:26 AM CDT
>One on one, yeah but they swarm. I would be a dead puff, kind of like soloing bandits.

Its as easy as bangers and mash

A Grimswarm troll sausage just rushed in!

fire spirit macro mash

much sizzling

A few ranks MOC plus decent summoning lore for bonus sizzle and you are all set. If you find this boring and are desperate for a raze (or 5) join a House hunt.
Re: Chronomage travel 10/20/2012 02:28 PM CDT
>A Grimswarm troll sausage just rushed in!

I so want to be there for that invasion...

Dave, Brandain's Bard
Re: Chronomage travel 10/22/2012 02:59 PM CDT
My firespirit is pretty decent. I have 100 ranks of summoning lore but they don't stun do they? It's been awhile since I've gone hunting grimswarm. I hate the trolls, they regenerate.

Velvette...bowcrazy
Re: Chronomage travel 10/22/2012 03:59 PM CDT
Most of them stun and the fire would stop the trolls from regenerating.
Re: Chronomage travel 10/22/2012 06:14 PM CDT
Yeah, Firespirit pretty much IS the way for spirit casters to hunt grimswarm. Lissanne loves taking out waves of troll grims with that spell. Even so, hunting with a group in a camp is wise.

~Galenok
Re: Chronomage travel 04/30/2014 03:40 PM CDT
>What if one hunting area could be created for post-cap with the creatures varying in age from 100 to 120ish and the mode of travel would be to purchase an orb from the chronomages. It wouldn't be the 100k that it costs to cross-realms travel but more like a gold ring there and back. You could purchase a special orb that takes you to some far off hunting area that the chronomages discovered and since they are in all the major towns, you can get there from any office.

I know this is a really old post, but I think this is a great idea. I would particularly love to see it as some sort of time-manipulating dimension (ie where the chronomages pull their powers from?). Maybe with the way there being a puzzle where you have to buy a travel orb, but somehow mess it up so that it glitches and dumps you off in the alternate dimension.

Actually, I remember one of the demon planes had some interesting time-manipulation effects. Maybe it could be there? Anyway, just dreaming a little.

- Greminty
Re: Chronomage travel 05/01/2014 05:30 AM CDT
>Actually, I remember one of the demon planes had some interesting time-manipulation effects. Maybe it could be there? Anyway, just dreaming a little.

That's Lorae'Tyr. And if you read up on KP or play.net documents, probably you don't want to go hunting there!

I kind of feel like, as far as solutions along these lines go, the best choice is something on FWI.

But the sad fact is that with the amount of necessary development time, we probably won't be getting a new capped hunting ground very soon.

An easy solution is roll up a chump character, join GoS, and get to rank 2. It takes about 3 or 4 hours, and then they can scout warcamps for you.

But personally what I miss in River's Rest isn't the inability to hunt. Not only are there invasions from time to time (or now), but there's Gos too. I miss bounties. BOUNTIES!

daid (player of the temporally-challenged Harvest-Moon clan)

>Out of no where, a ki-lin gallops in.
Re: Chronomage travel 06/05/2016 06:37 PM CDT

Thought I would necro this old thread to point out that the ideas here are pretty close to the elemental confluence! (Capped hunting, accessible from anywhere, other dimension). Kudos to all the posters in the thread for contributing good ideas and kudos to staff for listening to, tweaking, and using good ideas from players.