Ensorcell and workshops 11/26/2017 02:51 PM CST
Trying to find a workshop to do ensorcell work but I'm having trouble finding a guild room that actually flags as one. Would like to find one in Icemule, if possible.

Sothog's player
Re: Ensorcell and workshops 11/26/2017 03:06 PM CST

all guilds have workshops, look for rooms not related to alchemy that have "workshop" or "workroom" in the roomname. this is part of the messaging:

"It quickly becomes evident that this room is a magical workshop."
Re: Ensorcell and workshops 11/27/2017 07:46 PM CST
https://gswiki.play.net/File:Icemule_Sorc_Guild.png

It is the summoning chamber.
Re: Ensorcell and workshops 01/02/2018 10:58 AM CST
The wizard's have been probing into enchanting and the benefits of magical workshops. On hearing about the difference between a magical workshop vs a magical workshop that is also a node, I attempted to cast mana focus (418) in the sorcerer workshop in the Teras guild. I was successful and determined that we have a workshop that is NOT a node. I know that when it comes to enchanting, you'd get a better boost from a workshop that is a node. The public workshop on Teras, the tower on ghorsa island, IS a workshop and an earth node.

Will a sorcerer get a better benefit to ensorcell in the earth-node public workshop than in our non-node guild workshop?
Re: Ensorcell and workshops 01/02/2018 11:37 AM CST
ROLFARD
I know that when it comes to enchanting, you'd get a better boost from a workshop that is a node.

This is not true. If a wizard is trying to enchant in a workshop, it doesn't matter if it is a node or not.

ROLFARD
Will a sorcerer get a better benefit to ensorcell in the earth-node public workshop than in our non-node guild workshop?

Ensorcell doesn't care about nodes and all workshops are considered equal for it.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Ensorcell and workshops 01/02/2018 03:02 PM CST
I assume you're both comparing the difference from a non-node to a guild workshop. If you compare the number to a node vs. a guild workshop, you should be able to get the determine the actual number. This is really getting into semantics, but being on a node doesn't provide a bonus, instead it actually prevents a penalty (for not being on a node). Not a huge issue, but if you do incorporate the non-penalty into the guild workshop bonus, it also needs to be incorporated into the public and private workshop bonuses. But when I said the private workshop bonus is twice as effective as the public workshop bonus, I was not including the negation of the non-node penalty.

GameMaster Estild

So I guess my next question is, is there a non-node penalty for ensorcelling?

And, my mind wonders if the workshop being a non-node has any impact on magical item creation (420)?

Lastly, can the magical workshops in the sorcerer's guilds be made earth nodes in order to prevent non-node penalties and the provide bonuses, if any, to our guild workshops to the performance of wizard guild workshops.
Re: Ensorcell and workshops 01/02/2018 03:16 PM CST
ROLFARD
So I guess my next question is, is there a non-node penalty for ensorcelling?

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Sorcerers/Sorcerous%20Lore%20-%20Necromancy/view/557

ROLFARD
And, my mind wonders if the workshop being a non-node has any impact on magical item creation (420)?

Magical Item Creation (420) doesn't care about nodes either.

ROLFARD
Lastly, can the magical workshops in the sorcerer's guilds be made earth nodes in order to prevent non-node penalties and the provide bonuses, if any, to our guild workshops to the performance of wizard guild workshops.

It's possible, but as noted, it's a non-factor for sorcerer spells.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Ensorcell and workshops 01/02/2018 03:23 PM CST
So.... I wonder if it will be a bolt of lightning or if ROLFARD's sorcerer will be turned into a cleric when the questions become too nit-picky for Estild...

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Ensorcell and workshops 01/02/2018 03:31 PM CST
Thanks for the info, Estild.

!>tell child to be quiet
The child cries, "I don't wanna!"
Re: Ensorcell and workshops 01/02/2018 03:42 PM CST
Thanks for the clarification!