Teaching Sacrifice for RP 03/31/2016 01:35 PM CDT
After the change was made so sorcerers automatically learn sacrifice, some of us expressed how we enjoyed the RP aspect of teaching people.

As far as I recall, Estild said this would still essentially work.

I was working with a new sorcerer who had never sacrificed nor been "taught" the skill, but it did not allow me to teach the character. Before I had a chance, the character used the actual verb successfully (I think it was a misunderstanding of getting someone to 'try' to sacrifice something and how this was usually taught by frustrating the other player a bit..."Strike fear into it!" and they stare at it and who knows what else).

Anyway, I'm curious if either this simply doesn't work at all, or if once a character has ever USED the SACRIFICE verb, they cannot be taught. I definitely felt the RP became limited by the verb just working magically and then disabling the ability to teach them from a mechanical point of view.

It's almost like we have to OOC whisper DON'T ENTER 'SACRIFICE' and anyone who has done it cannot be taught it.

That or, it's actually impossible to teach sacrifice any more? This was the first time I tried since HSN.

The deathbot will come back eventually.

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p