crimson salt crystals 01/14/2016 05:44 PM CST
problem with crimson salt crystals not preserving dead corpse long enuff to animate it, on sentry and on defender put crystals on corpse and 2 secs later the critter departed

player of Aethor, Giantman Cleric, Player of Teclys Avellorian Dark Elf Sorcerer
Re: crimson salt crystals 01/14/2016 05:54 PM CST

>problem with crimson salt crystals not preserving dead corpse long enuff to animate it, on sentry and on defender put crystals on corpse and 2 secs later the critter departed

That is not the issue with those creatures. Those creatures are considered non-corporeal and always depart very quickly. You need to use 3 shots of Pain to kill them, then you have about 12 seconds to get the crystals spread, get a gem, and cast 730
Re: crimson salt crystals 01/14/2016 05:56 PM CST

also, as sentries cast implosion, it may not be advisable to animate and hunt with them if the temple is at all busy.

defenders are fantastic and my go-to. just beware of the hurling if you give them a weapon.
Re: crimson salt crystals 01/14/2016 07:48 PM CST
I use this script, which makes it very fast. The part about the crystals bursting into flames is no longer applicable, I think, since HSN. That was what happened when you tried to animate a person who was LKed. I MARK gems I want to use for animating so I won't accidentally sell them. Marked gems won't work with the animate dead spell, though. This script removes the mark.

if_2 goto Begin
echo Syntax: <target> <gem>
exit

Begin:
put get crimson crystal from my backpack
match Cast You carefully spread your crimson salt crystals
match Exit crimson salt crystals burst into flames
put spread my crystal on %1
matchwait

Cast:
put get %2 from my backpack
put mark %2 remove