Time to buy a loto ticket? 08/22/2015 10:23 AM CDT
After several failed attempts to drag the corpse of someone who admitted to carrying far too much silver I figured I would try to animate and have them walk themselves home which is not something my sorcerer does normally. A few more failed casts later and:

>prep 730
You begin drawing a faint, twisting symbol while softly intoning the words for Animate Dead...
Your spell is ready.
>cast victim
You gesture at victim.
d100: 44 + Modifiers: 9916 == 9960

You intone deeply over victim's body as slender glowing wisps gather around your body like a swarm of moths to a lantern. After a few moments you begin to take on a slight glow and victim's body starts to show subtle signs of movement. Finally, the glow surrounding you envelops the body and flares brightly before fading out, revealing an upright animated victim.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

I can't say I know how this modifier works but it jumped from 40 in the first two casts to that which took me a little by surprise.
Re: Time to buy a loto ticket? 08/23/2015 03:48 AM CDT
My main use for 730 has always been rescues. I am really thrilled about the HSN updates in this regard...once I realized I do need to LK the corpse first!

Even if I could hold the body and fog them to town, I'm animating now by default because it's a lot of fun. Also, my halfling sorcerer with his own terrible encumbrance sometimes (depends if I'm doing alchemy, etc) can barely drag the body several rooms in a reasonable time.

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: Time to buy a loto ticket? 08/25/2015 11:14 AM CDT

I experienced much the same. Failed one cast then jumped to 10K+