Animate Bug or Creature Bug? 08/20/2015 12:35 PM CDT
Had this happen to me twice now:

An animated massive pyrothag swings a claidhmore at a fire sprite!
AS: +336 vs DS: +259 with AvD: +41 + d100 roll: +48 = +166
... and hits for 71 points of damage!
An animated massive pyrothag looks slightly different.
You sense a loss of the connection between you and your animate.

Brand new fresh animate, had almost 10 minutes left on the spell duration with a 5k diamond to get his MAL up high enough to be able to hit the creatures I'm hunting on Teras, and the very first sprite on the very first swing he poofs?

Not sure what happened, but it's super frustrating to spend the mana and the gem to summon something that only was able to attack once before dying randomly...
Re: Animate Bug or Creature Bug? 08/20/2015 01:09 PM CDT
ASHRAAM
Had this happen to me twice now:
Brand new fresh animate, had almost 10 minutes left on the spell duration with a 5k diamond to get his MAL up high enough to be able to hit the creatures I'm hunting on Teras, and the very first sprite on the very first swing he poofs?
Not sure what happened, but it's super frustrating to spend the mana and the gem to summon something that only was able to attack once before dying randomly...

Is it only happening when they attack fire sprites? Has anyone else been able to reproduce this?

GameMaster Estild
Re: Animate Bug or Creature Bug? 08/20/2015 01:41 PM CDT
It is not a consistently reproducible bug. I've had it happen twice, and I've been hunting in the Eye killing sprites with an animated Pyrothag for about 4ish hours. It seems like it only ever happens when I use some kind of gem to increase the MAL of my creature. Most of the time my Pyrothag animate can swing but rarely can hit (because AS vs their superior DS in the air).

I believe this has only happened when the attack actually kills the sprite. I've only ever seen it on sprites... Is there some kind of "on death dispel" that could be removing the Animate Dead spell from my Pyrothag?
Re: Animate Bug or Creature Bug? 08/20/2015 01:52 PM CDT
ASHRAAM
I believe this has only happened when the attack actually kills the sprite. I've only ever seen it on sprites... Is there some kind of "on death dispel" that could be removing the Animate Dead spell from my Pyrothag?

I'm fairly confident that using a gem won't affect this at all. Is there more to the original log you posted? It doesn't show the sprite dying on that attack (as I also thought maybe the creature's death was a factor, but it didn't look like your animate killed it).

GameMaster Estild
Re: Animate Bug or Creature Bug? 08/20/2015 02:13 PM CDT
Hope this doesn't make your eyes bleed! I think you're right though. Looks like I had to finish off that sprite.

You gesture at a massive pyrothag.
CS: +360 - TD: +229 + CvA: +25 + d100: +51 == +207
Warding failed!
A massive pyrothag contorts in excruciating agony!
... 105 points of damage!

The massive pyrothag falls to the ground and lies still.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
>
>get diamond from my glove
You remove an uncut diamond from in your inky black gloves.
>
>get crimson crystal
You need a free hand to pick that up.
>
>spread crystal on pyrothag
What were you referring to?
>
>prepare 730
You begin drawing a faint, twisting symbol while softly intoning the words for Animate Dead...
Your spell is ready.
>
>cast pyrothag
You gesture at a massive pyrothag.
d100: 65 + Modifiers: 130 == 195

You intone deeply over a massive pyrothag's body as slender glowing wisps gather around the uncut diamond in your hand like a swarm of moths to a lantern. After a few moments the diamond begins to take on a slight glow, growing warm to the touch, and the massive pyrothag's body starts to show subtle signs of movement. Finally, the glow surrounding the diamond envelops the body and flares brightly before fading out, revealing a husk of an uncut diamond and an upright animated massive pyrothag.
>
>tell animate follow
You order your massive pyrothag to follow you, and it obliges willingly.
>
>tell animate drop club
An animated massive pyrothag drops a massive glaes club.
>
>put emerald in my greatcloak
I could not find what you were referring to.
>
>get claidhmore
You need a free hand to pick that up.
>
>drop claidhmore
>
>tell animate get claid
>
>spell active

You currently have the following active spells:
Spirit Warding I ................... 1:14:24
Spirit Barrier ..................... 1:14:24
Spirit Defense ..................... 1:14:24
Disease Resistance ................. 1:14:24
Poison Resistance .................. 1:14:24
Spirit Warding II .................. 1:14:24
Fasthr's Reward .................... 1:14:24
Lesser Shroud ...................... 1:14:24
Elemental Defense I ................ 0:46:56
Elemental Defense II ............... 1:24:24
Elemental Defense III .............. 1:08:48
Elemental Targeting ................ 1:24:24
Elemental Barrier .................. 0:49:41
Cloak of Shadows ................... 1:22:24
Animate Dead ....................... 0:09:55
Mass Blur .......................... 1:08:29

>
--- Lich: go2 active.
[go2: ETA: 0:00:05 (25 rooms to move through)]
[go2]>east
[Basalt Hillock, Plateau - 2161]
A dangerous precipice borders the northeastern edge of the plateau, falling onto rocks far below. In places, molten lava cascades over the edge in remarkable ribbons, sending trailers of steam and fire shooting out over the abyss. The broken skeleton of a large beast can be seen, cradled in an outcropping of glaes which projects from the cliff's face halfway down its descent. You also see a massive pyrothag.
Obvious paths: south, southwest, west
Your massive pyrothag followed.
>
[go2]>south
[Basalt Hillock, Plateau - 2156]
To the north, the hilltop levels into an expansive plateau. Bubbling lava pools dot the landscape, sending curling ribbons of smoke aloft like a skyline of belching chimneys over the rooftops of a town. In the distance, the blue of open sea can be seen, with its shimmering reflections and low-riding clouds. A large glaes formation on the south blocks the view in that direction. You also see a massive pyrothag.
Obvious paths: north, southwest, west, northwest
>
[go2]>southwest
[Basalt Hillock, Bluff - 2155]
The trail winds around the western side of a particularly large glaes formation. Its opposite side is blocked by a bubbling pool of magma. Steam mixed with smoke drifts up from the pool, enveloping the rock form in a shifting mantle. In the haze, it takes on the appearance of an old, stooped giant clutching its cloak as the wind whips the garment about. You also see a point of elemental instability.
Obvious paths: northeast, southeast
>
[go2]>southeast
[Basalt Hillock, Bluff - 2154]
A steep trail winds between stark formations of glaes, frozen into grotesqueries of shapes that populate the narrow butte like strange, contorted wanderers. Hot spits of wind push drifting clouds of steam and smoke about, carrying an undertone of salty sea-air mixed with the sulfurous stench of lava. To the south is spread a panoramic view of basalt, lava and, here and there, the ferocious beasts that thrive in such surroundings. You also see a rocky hill.
Obvious paths: northwest
>
[go2]>climb hill
You climb down a rocky hill.
[Lava Flows, Old Channel - 2140]
An old lava channel forms a ready path through the basalt outcroppings and boulders that the volcano has thrown this far. To the north, a hillock rises out of the litter of stones, its shoulders strewn with rubble and its top a flat expanse. A trail zigzags up the incline, punctuated with pockets of lava that decorate the hillock with their flickering red light. You also see a rocky hill.
Obvious paths: east, southwest
>
[go2]>southwest
[Lava Flows, Barren Flats - 2139]
The layer of ash is much thinner here, the wind and rain having erased it completely in some places, leaving the land a barren nightmare of jumbled black rock and cinders.
Obvious paths: northeast, southeast, west
>
[go2]>southeast
[Lava Flows, Odd Tracks - 2151]
Several undisturbed prints in the ash along the edge of the path appear humanoid, but much larger than even those of giantmen. Others look reptilian, four-footed, and bisected by the line of a tail.
Obvious paths: northeast, east, southeast, southwest, northwest
>
[go2]>southwest
[Lava Flows, Crossing Gullies - 2150]
Scarred and re-scarred by past eruptions, this area is criss-crossed by gullies carved by molten lava. Massive, ash-topped blocks of basalt mark the patches of ground where the river of fire was turned aside and hulking formations left by earlier flows remain intact.
Obvious paths: northeast, east, southwest
>
[go2]>southwest
[Lava Flows, Black Rocks - 2123]
Black rock, as far as the eye can see, is yet unsoftened by wind or rain, with edges that snag clothing and tear flesh. It seems to have thrust up from the island's gut and left to smoulder in the sunshine, offering no purpose other than that. Yet the marks are plain that something dwells in this wasteland.
Obvious paths: northeast, southwest, northwest
>
[go2]>southwest
[Lava Flows, Fiery Gap - 2122]
Fountains of flame and lava form a solid wall of fire that stretches to the east and west. The erupting fissure is just north of the ridge so the land to the south has been spared, but downslope to the north is a wasteland of charred devastation. The blackened landscape is a nightmare of criss-crossed lava channels, cooling basalt, and vegetation burned to ash. You also see a large wooden sign.
Obvious paths: northeast, southwest
>
[go2]>southwest
[Teras Isle, Lava Flows - 2121]
Flames and incandescent splatterings of lava leap above the treetops to the north. All along the ridgeline, flashes of red and dull orange peek through the greenery and lend an air of impending destruction to the scene.
Obvious paths: northeast, down
>
[go2]>down
[Teras Isle, Rocky Trail - 2120]
From here the trail leads down to the dwarven high road, or weaves through the stunted trees and rock outcroppings as it climbs the ridge to the north.
Obvious paths: up
>
[go2]>go trail
[Teras Isle, High Road - 2114]
The view from the slope is spectacular. Banks of thick yellow fog swirl down the mountain, obscuring all for a few moments, then rushing down toward the dense Greymist Wood below. To the southeast roll fields of grass and the dark eastern cliffs hold back the powerful blue ocean beyond. Around you, the earth has taken on a darker hue, and jagged rocks pierce it more often than vegetation. From the side of the road a trail leads up slope.
Obvious paths: northeast, south
>
[go2]>south
[Teras Isle, High Road - 2113]
The ground rises rapidly on the northern side of the valley between the two peaks. Up the slope marches a narrow but well maintained causeway. Only Dwarves would build such a fine road with such a steep grade. You also see an oversized grey stone building.
Obvious paths: north, southwest
>
[go2]>southwest
>
[Teras Isle, Crossroads - 2053]
A few ramshackle structures have been thrown up here, most little more than leather tents pitched by fishermen to protect their skiffs and nets during the winter. The Hog's Pen Tavern with its walls of stacked tanik logs is the sturdiest structure in sight. At the rear of the tavern, there is a pile of refuse and a trough that overflows with left-over meals and rain water. The sounds of a bustling town echo down the best-kept of the various roads and paths that meet here.
Obvious paths: northeast, east, west
>
[go2]>west
[go2]>go road
[Teras Isle, Logging Road - 1995]
Grass, shrubs, and even small hills have been flattened by a logging road many yards wide stretching between the forest to the west and the settlement to the east. Carts trundle by frequently, and it appears that at times the traffic has been heavy enough to carve two separate sets of ruts into the mud. A small peak rises to the south, and the low stone buildings of a sizeable town dot its slopes. A cobblestone road heads south, towards the town.
Obvious paths: east, west
>
[Cobblestone Road - 1994]
The road is lined with tree stumps, shrubs and weeds. It runs toward the base of a canyon, which opens to the south. A great mountain dominates the horizon beyond the canyon. The peak is ringed with dark storm clouds. The outer walls of a good-sized town are barely visible within the canyon.
Obvious paths: southeast
>stow left
[go2]>southeast
[Cobblestone Road, Bridge - 1993]
A tall stone bridge spans the river, which rushes toward the northeast. Hooves clip-clopping on the cobblestones, burros pull wooden carts piled high with fresh-cut timber. The drovers are all dwarves and giantmen. They ignore you as they head south, toward the canyon. Over the burblings of the water, you hear the faint echoes of a busy town in the distance.
Obvious paths: south, northwest
>
[go2]>south
You put a hollow uncut diamond in your sorcerer's greatcloak.
>
[go2]>south
[Cobblestone Road, Canyon - 1992]
The road follows the river into a canyon, which narrows to the south. The craggy, reddish-brown rock towers hundreds of feet overhead. At the southern end of the canyon, a walled town sits at the base of the peak. The clang of a bell and the distant bustle of the crowd drift along the canyon. A squat barge plies the river toward the town, its deck piled high with fresh-cut timber and dozing dwarves. You also see a trail leading up the canyon wall.
Obvious paths: north, south
>
[Kharam-Dzu, Outside the Gate - 1991]
The wood-and-stone walls of a sizeable town rise before you. Mail-clad dwarves pace atop them, looking over your head up the canyon. The road enters the wide-open gates. Dwarves, giantmen, and burro-drawn carts pass through them into the bustle of the town. The river flows north through a gap in the walls to the west. Several squat barges wallow their way upon it. You also see a deckhand.
Also here: High Lady Mystiq, Great Lady Rysolee
Obvious paths: north
>
[go2]>go gate
[Kharam-Dzu, Town Gates - 1957]
A sturdy wooden gate is set into the massive stone walls surrounding Kharam-Dzu. Mail-clad guards with pikes and heavy crossbows pace back and forth atop the walls. Dwarves, burros and the odd giantman or human travel the broad cobblestone street which leads south into town. A squad of dwarven militia drills on the small, rocky parade ground to the east. A cloud of dust surrounds them as they march to and fro, the sound of their marching barely audible over the din of the crowd at the gate. You also see a wrought iron sign, a wooden barrel, a black glaes bench with some stuff on it, a dark ladder leaning against a large invar-plated tower, a dark ladder leaning against a large invar-plated tower and a militia drill sergeant.
Obvious paths: south
>
[go2]>south
[Dragonspine and Glaes - 1956]
The town walls lie perhaps one hundred feet to the north, with dwarven militiamen pacing back and forth atop them. A rock garden to the west displays a wide variety of fascinating boulders. Beyond the garden, a barge makes its way south down the River Muagh, its decks piled high with freshly-cut logs. To the east Glaes Street, lined with small wood and stone homes, continues a few hundred feet to the walls of the canyon.
Obvious paths: north, east, south
>
[go2]>south
[Dragonspine and Golvern - 12395]
A troupe of dwarven musicians entertains the crowds at this busy intersection. The dwarves gathered around clap appreciatively, some singing along in clamorous, off-key voices. Other dwarves wander by about their business, many headed to or from the town gates to the north. One huffs and puffs with a large wheelbarrow full of rocks. You also see a squalid canvas pavilion.
Obvious paths: north, east, south, west
>
[go2]>south
[Dragonspine and Imflass - 1944]
Dragonspine broadens into a wide plaza, a bazaar paved with grey and white granite flagstones. The foot traffic, mostly preoccupied dwarves, mingles with ox carts, pack horses, and burros laden with goods. Vendors have set up wooden booths to peddle their assorted wares. You also see a wrought iron braced haon barrel.
>
[go2]>south
[Dragonspine and Krodera - 1932]
The street widens into a circular plaza several hundred feet across. Dwarves and giantmen lounge on stone benches by a massive granite fountain in the center. The burbling of the waters, the low mumblings of the dwarves and the booming laughter of the giants somehow blend together into a vibrant harmony. You also see the Spert disk, the Maadar disk, the Neathon disk, a pristine hulking giant statue, a lava tube, a wrought iron sign and a stone bin.
Also here: Entil, Spert, High Lord Concise, Payme, Ryjex, Maadar who is sitting, Neathon who is sitting
>
[go2: travel time: 0:00:06]
--- Lich: go2 has exited.

>get claid
>s
You remove a claidhmore from in your climbing pack.
>
[Dragonspine and Mithril - 1898]
The flow of the crowd parts around a large hole in the middle of the road. A dwarven work crew stands around the hole, doing very little work. From the many shops and vendors' stalls along the street, you hear the cries of hawkers, the lamentations of hagglers and the occasional clink of a coin. You also see a wrought iron sign and a small stone building with a large wooden sign on it.
>
An animated massive pyrothag stands straight upright and pauses a moment.
>drop claid
You drop a claidhmore.
>tell anim get claid
An animated massive pyrothag picks up a claidhmore.
>n
[Dragonspine and Krodera - 1932]
The street widens into a circular plaza several hundred feet across. Dwarves and giantmen lounge on stone benches by a massive granite fountain in the center. The burbling of the waters, the low mumblings of the dwarves and the booming laughter of the giants somehow blend together into a vibrant harmony. You also see the Spert disk, the Maadar disk, the Neathon disk, a pristine hulking giant statue, a lava tube, a wrought iron sign and a stone bin.
Also here: Entil, Spert, High Lord Concise, Payme, Ryjex, Maadar who is sitting, Neathon who is sitting
>
The familiar, yet still oddly foreign, sensation of invigoration coursing through your muscles fades.
>
An animated massive pyrothag stands straight upright and pauses a moment.
>get my runestaff
You already have that.
>
>sign of warding
Your dancing fingers weave a web of protection around you!
>
>sign of defending
[ Sign of Warding: +0:12:09, 0:12:09 remaining. ]
Your dancing fingers weave a web of protection around you!
>
[ Sign of Defending: +0:12:09, 0:12:09 remaining. ]
>sign of staunching
Your veins throb and your blood sings.
>
[ Sign of Staunching: +0:24:19, 0:24:19 remaining. ]
>sign of deflection
You feel magical energies distort and flow around you.
>
[ Sign of Deflection: +0:12:09, 0:12:09 remaining. ]
>stance defensive
--- Lich: crit_type_tracker active.
--- Lich: keep703up active.
You are now in a defensive stance.
>
--- Lich: go2 active.
[go2: ETA: 0:00:16 (59 rooms to move through)]
[go2]>north
[Dragonspine and Imflass - 1944]
Dragonspine broadens into a wide plaza, a bazaar paved with grey and white granite flagstones. The foot traffic, mostly preoccupied dwarves, mingles with ox carts, pack horses, and burros laden with goods. Vendors have set up wooden booths to peddle their assorted wares. You also see a wrought iron braced haon barrel.
>
[go2]>north
[Dragonspine and Golvern - 12395]
A troupe of dwarven musicians entertains the crowds at this busy intersection. The dwarves gathered around clap appreciatively, some singing along in clamorous, off-key voices. Other dwarves wander by about their business, many headed to or from the town gates to the north. One huffs and puffs with a large wheelbarrow full of rocks. You also see a squalid canvas pavilion.
>
[go2]>north
[Dragonspine and Glaes - 1956]
The town walls lie perhaps one hundred feet to the north, with dwarven militiamen pacing back and forth atop them. A rock garden to the west displays a wide variety of fascinating boulders. Beyond the garden, a barge makes its way south down the River Muagh, its decks piled high with freshly-cut logs. To the east Glaes Street, lined with small wood and stone homes, continues a few hundred feet to the walls of the canyon.
>
[go2]>north
[Kharam-Dzu, Town Gates - 1957]
A sturdy wooden gate is set into the massive stone walls surrounding Kharam-Dzu. Mail-clad guards with pikes and heavy crossbows pace back and forth atop the walls. Dwarves, burros and the odd giantman or human travel the broad cobblestone street which leads south into town. A squad of dwarven militia drills on the small, rocky parade ground to the east. A cloud of dust surrounds them as they march to and fro, the sound of their marching barely audible over the din of the crowd at the gate. You also see a wrought iron sign, a wooden barrel, a black glaes bench with some stuff on it, a dark ladder leaning against a large invar-plated tower, a dark ladder leaning against a large invar-plated tower and a militia drill sergeant.
Obvious paths: south
>
[go2]>go gate
[Kharam-Dzu, Outside the Gate - 1991]
The wood-and-stone walls of a sizeable town rise before you. Mail-clad dwarves pace atop them, looking over your head up the canyon. The road enters the wide-open gates. Dwarves, giantmen, and burro-drawn carts pass through them into the bustle of the town. The river flows north through a gap in the walls to the west. Several squat barges wallow their way upon it. You also see a deckhand.
Also here: High Lady Mystiq, Great Lady Rysolee
Obvious paths: north
>
[go2]>north
[Cobblestone Road, Canyon - 1992]
The road follows the river into a canyon, which narrows to the south. The craggy, reddish-brown rock towers hundreds of feet overhead. At the southern end of the canyon, a walled town sits at the base of the peak. The clang of a bell and the distant bustle of the crowd drift along the canyon. A squat barge plies the river toward the town, its deck piled high with fresh-cut timber and dozing dwarves. You also see a trail leading up the canyon wall.
Obvious paths: north, south
>
[go2]>north
[Cobblestone Road, Bridge - 1993]
A tall stone bridge spans the river, which rushes toward the northeast. Hooves clip-clopping on the cobblestones, burros pull wooden carts piled high with fresh-cut timber. The drovers are all dwarves and giantmen. They ignore you as they head south, toward the canyon. Over the burblings of the water, you hear the faint echoes of a busy town in the distance.
Obvious paths: south, northwest
>
[go2]>northwest
>
[Cobblestone Road - 1994]
The road is lined with tree stumps, shrubs and weeds. It runs toward the base of a canyon, which opens to the south. A great mountain dominates the horizon beyond the canyon. The peak is ringed with dark storm clouds. The outer walls of a good-sized town are barely visible within the canyon.
Obvious paths: southeast
>
[go2]>go road
[go2]>east
[Teras Isle, Logging Road - 1995]
Grass, shrubs, and even small hills have been flattened by a logging road many yards wide stretching between the forest to the west and the settlement to the east. Carts trundle by frequently, and it appears that at times the traffic has been heavy enough to carve two separate sets of ruts into the mud. A small peak rises to the south, and the low stone buildings of a sizeable town dot its slopes. A cobblestone road heads south, towards the town.
>
[Teras Isle, Crossroads - 2053]
A few ramshackle structures have been thrown up here, most little more than leather tents pitched by fishermen to protect their skiffs and nets during the winter. The Hog's Pen Tavern with its walls of stacked tanik logs is the sturdiest structure in sight. At the rear of the tavern, there is a pile of refuse and a trough that overflows with left-over meals and rain water. The sounds of a bustling town echo down the best-kept of the various roads and paths that meet here.
Obvious paths: northeast, east, west
>
Great Lady Rysolee's group just arrived.
>
[go2]>northeast
Great Lady Rysolee's group just went northeast.
>
[go2]>north
[Teras Isle, High Road - 2113]
The ground rises rapidly on the northern side of the valley between the two peaks. Up the slope marches a narrow but well maintained causeway. Only Dwarves would build such a fine road with such a steep grade. You also see an oversized grey stone building.
Obvious paths: north, southwest
>
[Teras Isle, High Road - 2114]
The view from the slope is spectacular. Banks of thick yellow fog swirl down the mountain, obscuring all for a few moments, then rushing down toward the dense Greymist Wood below. To the southeast roll fields of grass and the dark eastern cliffs hold back the powerful blue ocean beyond. Around you, the earth has taken on a darker hue, and jagged rocks pierce it more often than vegetation. From the side of the road a trail leads up slope.
Obvious paths: northeast, south
>
[go2]>go trail
[Teras Isle, Rocky Trail - 2120]
From here the trail leads down to the dwarven high road, or weaves through the stunted trees and rock outcroppings as it climbs the ridge to the north.
Obvious paths: up
>
[go2]>up
[Teras Isle, Lava Flows - 2121]
Flames and incandescent splatterings of lava leap above the treetops to the north. All along the ridgeline, flashes of red and dull orange peek through the greenery and lend an air of impending destruction to the scene.
Obvious paths: northeast, down
>
[go2]>northeast
[Lava Flows, Fiery Gap - 2122]
Fountains of flame and lava form a solid wall of fire that stretches to the east and west. The erupting fissure is just north of the ridge so the land to the south has been spared, but downslope to the north is a wasteland of charred devastation. The blackened landscape is a nightmare of criss-crossed lava channels, cooling basalt, and vegetation burned to ash. You also see a large wooden sign.
Obvious paths: northeast, southwest
>
[go2]>northeast
[Lava Flows, Black Rocks - 2123]
Black rock, as far as the eye can see, is yet unsoftened by wind or rain, with edges that snag clothing and tear flesh. It seems to have thrust up from the island's gut and left to smoulder in the sunshine, offering no purpose other than that. Yet the marks are plain that something dwells in this wasteland.
Obvious paths: northeast, southwest, northwest
>
[go2]>northeast
[Lava Flows, Crossing Gullies - 2150]
Scarred and re-scarred by past eruptions, this area is criss-crossed by gullies carved by molten lava. Massive, ash-topped blocks of basalt mark the patches of ground where the river of fire was turned aside and hulking formations left by earlier flows remain intact. You also see a cinder wasp and a cinder wasp.
Obvious paths: northeast, east, southwest
>
[go2]>northeast
[Lava Flows, Odd Tracks - 2151]
Several undisturbed prints in the ash along the edge of the path appear humanoid, but much larger than even those of giantmen. Others look reptilian, four-footed, and bisected by the line of a tail.
Obvious paths: northeast, east, southeast, southwest, northwest
>
[go2]>northwest
[Lava Flows, Barren Flats - 2139]
The layer of ash is much thinner here, the wind and rain having erased it completely in some places, leaving the land a barren nightmare of jumbled black rock and cinders.
Obvious paths: northeast, southeast, west
>
[go2]>climb skylight
You climb down a glowing skylight.
[Lava Flows, Lava Lake Chamber - 2176]
Molten lava bubbles and explodes at the center of the lake of liquid rock that fills this chamber. Large enough to hold a couple of good-sized manor houses, the heat trapped in here begins to sear exposed flesh within seconds. The level of the lake must have been higher in the past since a ledge of black basalt circles the room and extends into the lava pipe to the west. Part way up the chamber's dome a patch of sky is visible through a gaping hole in the basalt.
Obvious exits: west
>
[go2]>west
[Lava Flows, Lava Pipe - 2177]
The ledge of basalt continues along the side of this subterranean tube, lit by the infernal glow of the river of lava that flows down its center. Oddly enough, the flow seems to be away from the lake and towards the volcano.
>
[go2]>west
>
[Lava Flows, Lava Pipe - 2178]
The river continues to flow westward through this subterranean tube.
Obvious exits: east, west
>
[go2]>west
[Lava Flows, Lava Pipe - 2179]
The molten lava drops through a fissure in the floor of this chamber, but the heat seems less intense here. A narrow gap high in the west wall might be the reason, since part of a distant crater wall is visible through it.
Obvious paths: east
>
[go2]>climb gap
You climb up a narrow gap.
[Eye of V'Tull, Entrance - 2180]
Sparkles of charcoal grey ash slowly drift to the ground where they add to the several inches already resting there. Wafts of steam and hot air, rising from a dark hole in the rock face, cause the ash to swirl and dance tirelessly while incessant vibrations from deep within the mountain send rocks skittering downward and make the footing unsure. You also see a narrow gap.
Obvious paths: none
Falling behind, your massive pyrothag refuses to follow.
>
[go2]>go hole
[Eye of V'Tull, Outer Caverns - 2181]
Heavy ash covers the cavern floor and absorbs much of the sound and light here while hot sulfurous air, rushing in from the southwest, accumulates ash and steam as it passes before continuing on towards the southeast. Dull vibrations shake the walls and occasionally jar loose small stones that thud into the thick ash. You also see a dark hole.
Obvious exits: southeast, southwest
>
[go2]>southwest
[Eye of V'Tull, Outer Caverns - 2184]
Spires of crystal rise through the thick ash covering the floor and cast off an eerie blue light. Blanketing the walls and ceiling, stress cracks spew forth a thick sulfurous gas while a deep fissure cuts the floor like a wound.
Obvious exits: northeast, south
>
[go2]>south
[Eye of V'Tull, Outer Caverns - 2185]
Pillars of crystal stretch to the ceiling, providing an eerie blue light throughout. Piles of fresh igneous rock protrude from beneath the cloak of ash revealing recent activity while thunderous groans and crashes can be heard deeper into the heart of V'Tull.
Obvious exits: north, southeast, southwest
>
[go2]>southeast
An animated massive pyrothag lumbers in!
>
[Eye of V'Tull, Outer Caverns - 2187]
Dark shadows dance along the walls and ceiling caused by super heated air passing over luminous crystal stalactites. Cracks in the wall show recent growth as forces behind push forward. Ripples form in the floor's ash covering as it is disturbed by the constant tremors.
Obvious exits: east, northwest
>
[go2]>east
[Eye of V'Tull, Outer Caverns - 2188]
The cavern narrows here while puddles of liquid sulfur gurgle and splatter, releasing an intolerable aroma that permeates the area. Growling loudly, V'Tull protests the massive forces that are reshaping it from the inside out.
Obvious exits: southeast, west
>
[go2]>southeast
[Eye of V'Tull, Outer Caverns - 2189]
Extremely narrow here, the cavern forces escaping heat into a howling wind that scours the floor clear of ash. Erosion has smoothed the walls and ceiling here to a mirror-like finish, dulled the edges of even recent stress cracks and rounded the tops of the freshest igneous formations.
Obvious exits: northeast, northwest
>
[go2]>northeast
[Eye of V'Tull, Outer Caverns - 2190]
The cavern turns tightly here as it descends towards the south. Fresh igneous protrusions show signs of recent growth while cracks extend the length of the walls and ceiling. Tremors shake loose rocks and crystal shards that thud into the thick ash covering the floor and slowly roll down towards the south.
Obvious exits: south, southwest
>
[go2]>south
[Eye of V'Tull, Outer Caverns - 2191]
The cavern slopes deeply to the southeast where a soft orange glow casts long black shadows from fresh igneous formations. Heat wafts off the walls and floor, forming small whirlwinds of ash that dance chaotically for several moments before dispersing.
Obvious exits: north, southeast
>
[go2]>southeast
[Eye of V'Tull, Crystal Chamber - 2192]
The cavern opens into a large chamber full of luminous blue crystal stalactites and pools of bubbling orange lava. Nearby several pillars of igneous rock guard a plume of super heated steam jetting out of several cracks in the floor. The steam has formed the ceiling here into a mirror polished dome over thirty feet at its peak.
Obvious exits: south, southwest, west, northwest
>
[go2]>southwest
[Eye of V'Tull, Crystal Chamber - 2195]
The rumbling of the ground is drowned out by the roar of the lava river to the southeast. All around, crystal stalactites crash to the ground, losing their glow as they are pulverized on impact. Amidst this the plume of super heated steam sends shimmering wave after shimmering wave of light as it blasts the remaining stalactites clean.
Obvious exits: north, northeast, east, southwest
>
[go2]>southwest
[Eye of V'Tull, Lava River - 2196]
Glowing nearly white hot, a river of molten rock splashes lava upon its shores. A natural bridge of black igneous rock stretches to the far side where a pair of carved arches can be seen cut into the wall. Tremors cause crystal stalactites to break free and splash into the river only to sink in the lava's eternal grip.
Obvious exits: northeast
>
[go2]>go bridge
[Eye of V'Tull, Inner Circle - 2197]
Molten lava once used this chamber to make its way to the surface, but the chamber and the passageways beyond are empty now, the lava having found a different path to travel. The walls of the cavern have given up little of their heat and they still flow red and white in some locations. You also see an igneous bridge.
>
[go2]>southeast
[Eye of V'Tull, Inner Circle - 2198]
Ash drifts heavily in the air, and the continued formation of crystals causes the glowing rock to intensify the light as it bounces and compounds itself off the walls. The thick layer of soot on the floor does little to insulate the heat that rises from beneath its surface.
Obvious exits: southeast, northwest
>
[go2]>southeast
[Eye of V'Tull, Inner Circle - 2199]
Walls cracked from enormous pressure of earth and element allow steam to fill the room, causing it to mix with the heavy ash and become sticky on your flesh. Were you fully exposed you would certainly suffer major burns to the exposed skin. Even the walls are plastered heavily with the coating, causing this room to be much dimmer than others you have been in.
>
[go2]>southeast
[Eye of V'Tull, Inner Circle - 2200]
Only a thick layer of ash on the floor insulates your feet against the intense heat of the cavern, as smoke and steam still seeps up through it. A small cracking noise comes from the floor beneath you, the soot covering the ground keeps you from being able to see where it might have cooled unevenly or where it might be thin from the heat. You can only hope that your weight allows you to traverse the area without incident.
Obvious exits: south, southwest, northwest
>
[go2]>south
[Eye of V'Tull, Inner Circle - 2202]
The main passage heads north here, while a smaller one winds around a large pillar of rock to the northeast. The walls are covered with small crystals that reflect a little light through the ash filled air.
Obvious exits: north, southwest, northwest
>
[go2]>southwest
[Eye of V'Tull, Inner Circle - 2203]
Huge stalactites and stalagmites choke the passage slightly here, and steam is forced from some small fissures in the floor, carrying dust and ash with it as it rises into the air.
Obvious exits: northeast, southwest
>
[go2]>southwest
[Eye of V'Tull, Inner Circle - 2204]
Gusts of hot air blow into the cavern, occasionally picking up ash and carrying it off to another part of the passage. The walls are crystallized and appear to have been exposed to some great heat recently.
>
[go2]>southwest
[Eye of V'Tull, Inner Circle - 2205]
A few bones lie here, apparently carelessly discarded by someone who no longer cared for or needed them. A thick layer of ash covers the floor, but is constantly being smoothed over by strong gusts of heated air.
Obvious exits: northeast, northwest, up
>
[go2]>up
[Eye of V'Tull, Inner Circle - 2208]
This small alcove provides a little protection from the hot air and steam that constantly plague the area below. Beads of sweat roll down your face and hands as you try and decide if you want to again venture downward back into the chaos. You also see a steaming fissure.
Obvious exits: down
>
[go2]>put #173310348 in #173310355
You put a lacquered twisted lor runestaff in your grey spidersilk satchel.
>
[go2]>climb fissure

Confidently, you begin to climb down the fissure. Within a short time, you have reached the bottom.

[Depths of V'Tull, Crawlway - 2209]
You see a sharply descending cylindrical crawlway leading down into the depths of the volcano. The air here is so hot it's painful to breathe. This passageway is cramped, and the lava-scorched glassine walls seem somewhat unstable as they squeeze in from either side. You also see a steaming fissure.
Obvious exits: none
Roundtime: 6 sec.
R>
[go2]>get #173310348
You remove a lacquered twisted lor runestaff from in your grey spidersilk satchel.
>
[go2]>search
You make a careful search of the area and discover a cramped crawlway!
>
[go2]>climb crawlway
You climb down a cramped crawlway.
[Depths of V'Tull, Crawlway - 2210]
The crawlway angles sharply here, making climbing treacherous. Razor-sharp pieces of crystallized volcanic glass protrude from the ash-covered surface. The walls of this pipe-like tunnel close in tightly around you, making passage slow going. Smoky hot silt and soot swirl upward from below. You also see some jagged volcanic glass.
>
[go2]>climb glass

Confidently, you begin to climb down the glass. Within a short time, you have reached the bottom.

[Depths of V'Tull, Crawlway - 2211]
Slanting sharply at a near-vertical pitch, the crawlway cuts deeper into the volcano. This narrow tube seem to be widening ever so slightly through an opening below. The soot smudged walls tremor around you as magma shifts from beyond the rock. You also see some jagged volcanic glass.
>
[go2]>search
You make a careful search of the area and discover a dark opening!
>
[go2]>climb opening
You climb down a dark opening.
[Depths of V'Tull, Lower Eye - 2212]
Composed of living rock, the area around you seems to be in a constant state of flux. You can see molten lava moving freely behind the semi-transparent surface. It seems to pulse with a malevolent sentience.
Obvious exits: southeast, south, southwest
>
[go2]>southeast
[Depths of V'Tull, Lower Eye - 2213]
The walls here are a little smoother and smudged with soot. The air seems very thick, and it shimmers from the heat. Sulfurous gasses vent from gaps in the wall, spouting out molten rock. Flickering flames dance across the floor, as the liquefied rock ignites the porous surface.
>
[go2]>southeast
[Depths of V'Tull, Lower Eye - 2214]
Rivulets of lava flow down a jagged crack in the wall, burning channels into the heated earthen floor. Tiny bits of superheated dirt are spit up into the air as the lava burns through whatever it touches. The lava burbles southward.
Obvious exits: south, northwest
>
[go2]>south
[Depths of V'Tull, Lower Eye - 2215]
The path narrows here, dropping sharply to either side into a fiery hell below. Falling would only hurt for a second. As you look over the edges beneath you, gouts of flame shoot up, illuminating the walls in shades of yellow and orange.
Obvious exits: north, south, southwest
>
[go2]>south
[Depths of V'Tull, Lower Eye - 2216]
A steep-sided fissure cuts through the path here. Walls of fire formed from rows of viscous lava rise up along the rift, making further passage look nearly impossible. A turbulent mixture of corrosive gasses and angular chunks of molten rock vents violently outwards from the impenetrable flames.
Obvious exits: north
>
[go2]>jump lava
You build up your courage and start running towards the flaming lava, just before reaching its edge, you launch yourself into the air!

You leap out over the flaming lava, the intense heat from the molten liquid instantly bathing you in sweat. In the span of a heartbeat, you cover the distance across the molten magma, but from the speed your heart now beats, you would swear it was a lot longer.

[Depths of V'Tull, Lower Eye - 2229]
The river of molten lava flows past the narrow ledge of rock like a living thing roiling with suppressed fury. A rock cliff edges the perilous overhang, and large boulders stand to either side blocking further progress. Loud pops and hissing from the magma punctuate the tenuous nature of this perch, as if the molten lava is deriding any attempt to find purchase on such a thin projection of safety over the river of death rampaging beneath. You also see a jagged fissure hidden behind the tall standing stones.

As you finally land upon the other side of the lava, you breath in deeply, trying to force the heated air from your lungs.

Roundtime: 5 sec.
R>

You feel a gentle tremor in the ground through the soles of your footwear.
R>
R>
[go2]>go fissure
>
[Glaes Fissure - 2230]
Violent volcanic upheaval has left a chamber within the black heart of the mountainside. The shadowy cavern is deep but narrow, and its walls are pocked with crevices and veined with minerals caught in the glaes long ago. A few beams of light have found their way down into the gloom from a jagged fissure above. They create a stark spotlight on the rough stone floor.
Obvious exits: northwest
>
[go2]>northwest
[Glaes Vein - 2231]
The narrow tunnel winds through the solid glaes into gloom, its circuitous route leaving visibility at almost nil. Heavy with the thick, sulfurous stink of molten lava, the air is stifling and still. The vision of a river of the stuff pouring through these tunnels like fire down a drake's gullet is too plausible to be easily disregarded.
Obvious exits: southeast, west
>
[go2]>west
[Glaes Vein - 2232]
The tunnel doglegs around a sharp wedge of glaes protruding from the wall and takes a serious downward cant. To the northeast, the route plunges down into deeper shadow, and an air current heavy with sulfur wafts up from within the mountain.
Obvious exits: northeast, east
>
[go2]>northeast
[Glaes Vein - 2233]
An intersection breaks up the incline with its resulting landing. Tunnels plunge into the walls in four directions like crooked fingers stabbing through the black glaes. To the southwest, the trail takes on a steep incline, matched by the northern tunnels plunging down into darkness. A narrower, though level passageway heads east.
Obvious exits: northeast, east, southwest, northwest
>
[go2]>northwest
[Glaes Vein - 2236]
After winding and turning for a bit, the tunnel suddenly plunges over an embankment of tumbled boulders. Their edges are jagged and dangerous, and numerous crevices are created beneath and around the stones where anything could be hiding. Carried on the humid air moving listlessly from beneath the barrier is the acrid smell of sulfur, strong enough to burn the eyes and parch the throat of any who venture here.
Obvious exits: southeast
>
[go2]>put #173310348 in #173310355
You put a lacquered twisted lor runestaff in your grey spidersilk satchel.
>
[go2]>climb boulders

Confidently, you begin to climb down the boulders. Within a short time, you have reached the bottom.

[Glaes Vein - 2237]
At the foot of a barrier of jagged glaes boulders, the passageway curves quickly out of sight around an immense outcropping of blood-red glaes. The rare stone glistens in the low light, embraced by black glaes, which surrounds it and accents it with the contrast in color. Within the stone, a dim reflection of light flickers and pulses, as though the huge formation is a beating heart with convoluted striations for veins.
>
[go2]>get #173310348
You remove a lacquered twisted lor runestaff from in your grey spidersilk satchel.
>
[go2: travel time: 0:00:26]
--- Lich: go2 has exited.
>northeast
[Glaes Vein - 2238]
As the passageway circumnavigates a huge outcropping of blood-red glaes it rises and falls in a hazardous pitch, like storm-tossed ocean waves. Reflections from inside the mineral cast a low reddish glow over the tunnel's progress. The smell of sulfur is mixed with another odor so strong and noxious, it makes the sulfur seem palatable.
Obvious exits: east, southwest
>
>east
[Glaes Vein - 2239]
The tunnel twists like a drake's tail, its glaes walls scarred and pocked with fissures. Little spouts of steam burst from the openings at intervals, then wisp away to nothing leaving a scent of sulfur. To the northeast, the passageway twists away from the formation of red glaes, the ruby glow from the rock chasing it away through the blackness like a trail of fire.
Obvious exits: northeast, west
>
>northeast
[Glaes Vein - 2240]
The tunnel splits into a trio of passages, their progress hidden by convolutions and gloom. A stark plunge down marks the southern finger, while a red glow bathes the southwestern one. To the southeast, the route turns down, but does so in a gentle decline.
Obvious exits: southeast, southwest, down
>
>down
[Glaes Vein - 2242]
The tunnel doglegs, turning back on itself around a sharp protuberance of crystalline glaes. The dark crystals jut from their sparkling bed of crusted mineral like a multifaceted forest. Each one is different, and the largest are particularly beautiful. They reach out from the wall halfway across the corridor, and if time had given them a chance to grow longer, they would effectively block the passageway.
Obvious exits: northeast, up
>
>northeast
[Glaes Vein - 2241]
Rent by twists that turn back on themselves relentlessly, the tunnel plunges steadily down into the mountain's bowels. The air grows more fetid and heavy with smoke as its altitude drops. Behind a contorted outcrop of glaes, a smaller tunnel takes a severe cant down, making the larger passage's progress seem almost gentle.
Obvious exits: northeast, southwest, northwest
>
>northwest
[Glaes Vein - 2240]
The tunnel splits into a trio of passages, their progress hidden by convolutions and gloom. A stark plunge down marks the southern finger, while a red glow bathes the southwestern one. To the southeast, the route turns down, but does so in a gentle decline.
>
>southwest
[Glaes Vein - 2239]
The tunnel twists like a drake's tail, its glaes walls scarred and pocked with fissures. Little spouts of steam burst from the openings at intervals, then wisp away to nothing leaving a scent of sulfur. To the northeast, the passageway twists away from the formation of red glaes, the ruby glow from the rock chasing it away through the blackness like a trail of fire.
>
>west
[Glaes Vein - 2238]
As the passageway circumnavigates a huge outcropping of blood-red glaes it rises and falls in a hazardous pitch, like storm-tossed ocean waves. Reflections from inside the mineral cast a low reddish glow over the tunnel's progress. The smell of sulfur is mixed with another odor so strong and noxious, it makes the sulfur seem palatable.
>
>southwest
[Glaes Vein - 2237]
At the foot of a barrier of jagged glaes boulders, the passageway curves quickly out of sight around an immense outcropping of blood-red glaes. The rare stone glistens in the low light, embraced by black glaes, which surrounds it and accents it with the contrast in color. Within the stone, a dim reflection of light flickers and pulses, as though the huge formation is a beating heart with convoluted striations for veins.
>
>northeast
[Glaes Vein - 2238]
>
>east
[Glaes Vein - 2239]
>
>northeast
[Glaes Vein - 2240]
>
>southeast
[Glaes Vein - 2241]
Rent by twists that turn back on themselves relentlessly, the tunnel plunges steadily down into the mountain's bowels. The air grows more fetid and heavy with smoke as its altitude drops. Behind a contorted outcrop of glaes, a smaller tunnel takes a severe cant down, making the larger passage's progress seem almost gentle.
Obvious exits: northeast, southwest, northwest
>
>northeast
[Glaes Vein - 2243]
Just around a sharp turn in the passageway, the glaes smooths into a polished face that is as clear as it is regular. It reveals a view into the glaes, like looking through the window of a dwelling. Inside flows a vein of molten lava, its progress a raging current of fury that sends heat radiating through the very rock itself. The warmth emanates off the glaes wall in a daunting curtain.
>
>
>southeast
[Glaes Vein - 2244]
Tunnels veer off in three directions. Air currents have quickened, carrying the stink of sulfur and fire. To the south, the passageway widens, and a cavern is just visible around a bend of the walls. Opposite that, a tunnel to the north leads into deep shadow, in which no landmarks are visible other than a churned up pile of stone at its mouth to lend hazard to the darkness.
Obvious exits: north, south, northwest
>
>north
[Glaes Vein - 2247]
At the end of a severe twist of the corridor, the footing grows dangerously uncertain. Fraught with ankle-breaking crevices and canted at an almost impassable decline, the way would discourage the most sure-footed of beasts or dwarves. Within the walls to either side, the whisper of molten lava can be heard, rushing through its hidden course.
Obvious exits: south, down
>
>down
[Glaes Vein - 2248]
At the foot of the precipice, the floor is a dangerous jumble of sharp glaes rocks. In the dense shadows, lumps can be seen here and there, the silhouettes giving away the fact that they are of softer origin than the formidable mountain. More common in the mess are the arched outline of rib-cages and jutting bones where the flesh of the tunnels' victims has yielded to time and heat.
Obvious exits: north, up
>
>north
[Glaes Vein - 2249]
The corridor ends. Abruptly, it simply melts away at the foot of a huge wall of metal so dark, the thing seems to absorb what little light exists in the gloom. The metal is banded with rows of studs, each one incised with a strange device, and it is embraced on all sides by solid glaes, as though the mountain was forged to support it.
Obvious exits: south
>
>search
You make a careful search of the area and discover a small hidden door!
>
>go door
>
[Glaes Tunnel - 2250]
A massive iron wall to the south dominates this gloomy tunnel. Underfoot, the floor is a vicious track of glaes spikes and pitfalls. Here and there, pools of molten glaes lie sheathed in steam, which drifts up from the surface of each in a languid, curling dance.
>
>north
[Glaes Tunnel - 2251]
As the tunnel bends around an outcropping, the flickering light from a blazing pocket of lava illuminates the opposite wall. There, scrawled in archaic dwarven script, words have been hewn into the black glaes wall. Clouds of steam shift and roil, casting menacing-looking shadows on the walls of the passageway.
>
>northwest
[Glaes Caverns - 2252]
A vast chamber, full of steam and smoke, is rendered hazardous with pools of molten glaes dotting the floor. Noxious clouds drift across the hellish vista, floating across the bubbling puddles like ships sailing a blood-red sea. Other caverns are visible through circular exits, the passages half-blocked with long, black protrusions of crystalline glaes.
Obvious exits: northeast, southeast, west
>
>northeast
[Glaes Caverns - 2253]
The cavern curves around an immense outcrop of rare blood-red glaes, filling the western wall with its veiny magnificence. The striations are irregular, taking on the appearance of mottled flesh. Liquid glaes bubbles out from beneath it and zigzags across the floor in a smoking rivulet, crossing the chamber like a writhing serpent of fire.
Obvious exits: southwest, northwest
>
>northwest
[Glaes Caverns - 2254]
The thin trail snakes through pools of molten glaes on the floor, clambering over large bumps and through crevices formed by hardened outbursts of the liquid rock. Larger obstructions hide other parts of the cave. Strange shadows flicker across them in crimson hues, thrown by bursts of fire erupting from the bubbling puddles of magma.
Obvious exits: southeast, southwest, west
>
>west
[Glaes Caverns - 2255]
Across the scarred walls of the kidney-shaped cavern, shadows jerk and dance, leaping up suddenly as a flare of fire arcs through the air, then dying back into the gloom. To one side, huge fangs of crystalline glaes arch over a large vat of magma. Smoke drifts around the frightening silhouette, as if it is emerging from the gullet of a beast.
Obvious exits: east, south, southwest
>
>south
[Glaes Caverns - 2256]
A river of molten glaes rolls bubbling and spitting across most of the chamber's floor. Black pillars rise up out of the magma, their silhouettes crooked and forbidding. Rockets of fiery shards are sent ricocheting off the cavern's walls, launched by explosions from the river's depths. They leave smoking trailers hanging in the air in their wake.
Obvious exits: north, northeast, northwest
>
>northeast
[Glaes Caverns - 2258]
The vast chamber is starkly uncluttered, save for a strange formation of glaes that extends from the center of a pool of magma. With its grotesque appendages, it seems to reach from the heart of the hissing magma like a misshapen claw clenched in agony. From the 'palm' of the thing, a slow rivulet of viscous black liquid pulses out, dripping down over the gnarled surface of the outcropping and pooling on the roiling face of the bubbling glaes.
>
>northeast
[Glaes Caverns - 2254]
The thin trail snakes through pools of molten glaes on the floor, clambering over large bumps and through crevices formed by hardened outbursts of the liquid rock. Larger obstructions hide other parts of the cave. Strange shadows flicker across them in crimson hues, thrown by bursts of fire erupting from the bubbling puddles of magma.
Obvious exits: southeast, southwest, west
>
>southeast
[Glaes Caverns - 2253]
The cavern curves around an immense outcrop of rare blood-red glaes, filling the western wall with its veiny magnificence. The striations are irregular, taking on the appearance of mottled flesh. Liquid glaes bubbles out from beneath it and zigzags across the floor in a smoking rivulet, crossing the chamber like a writhing serpent of fire.
Obvious exits: southwest, northwest
>
>southwest
[Glaes Caverns - 2252]
A vast chamber, full of steam and smoke, is rendered hazardous with pools of molten glaes dotting the floor. Noxious clouds drift across the hellish vista, floating across the bubbling puddles like ships sailing a blood-red sea. Other caverns are visible through circular exits, the passages half-blocked with long, black protrusions of crystalline glaes.
Obvious exits: northeast, southeast, west
>
>southeast
[Glaes Tunnel - 2251]
As the tunnel bends around an outcropping, the flickering light from a blazing pocket of lava illuminates the opposite wall. There, scrawled in archaic dwarven script, words have been hewn into the black glaes wall. Clouds of steam shift and roil, casting menacing-looking shadows on the walls of the passageway.
>
>south
[Glaes Tunnel - 2250]
A massive iron wall to the south dominates this gloomy tunnel. Underfoot, the floor is a vicious track of glaes spikes and pitfalls. Here and there, pools of molten glaes lie sheathed in steam, which drifts up from the surface of each in a languid, curling dance. You also see a fire sprite that is flying around.
>

The ground trembles slightly as an animated massive pyrothag stomps around, cocking its ponderous head momentarily before continuing its lumbering dance.

>
--- Lich: 703 active.
[703]>prepare 703
You trace an intricate sign that contorts in the air while forcefully invoking Corrupt Essence...
Your spell is ready.
>
[703]>cast
You gesture.
CS: +360 - TD: +232 + CvA: +25 + d100: +84 == +237
Warding failed!
A fire sprite is suddenly surrounded by a blood red haze.
(Forcing stance down to guarded)
>
--- Lich: 703 has exited.
>prepare 706

Waves of heat buffet the area with each flex of a fire sprite's wings.

>
You trace an intricate sign that contorts in the air while forcefully invoking Mind Jolt...
Your spell is ready.
>
>cast sprite
You gesture at a fire sprite.
CS: +360 - TD: +265 + CvA: +25 + d100: +74 == +194
Warding failed!
A fire sprite's eyes flash with a searing jolt of light!
She is badly stunned!

A surge of power flows through your lor runestaff and courses through you, the sensation at once familiar and foreign, and lends an uncanny invigoration to your muscles.
>
>tell animate attack sprite
An animated massive pyrothag acknowledges your order to attack.
>
>prepare 702
You trace an intricate sign that contorts in the air while forcefully invoking Mana Disruption...
Your spell is ready.
>
>channel sprite
You channel at a fire sprite.
CS: +360 - TD: +265 + CvA: +25 + d100: +54 == +174
Warding failed!
A strong strike for 15 points of damage!
... 25 points of damage!
Roundtime: 3 sec.
>

>
The fire sprite flares brightly forcing you to avert your eyes from the blinding light as she is consumed by her own internal fire.
>
--- Lich: sloot active.
[sloot]>get #173310374 from #173310372
You remove a drake dagger from in your climbing pack.
>
[sloot]>skin #173414839 left
A massive pyrothag's skin has been ruined with alchemical components; it's not possible to get a worthwhile skin.
>
[sloot]>put my dagger in #173310372
You put a drake dagger in your climbing pack.
>
[sloot]>search #173414839
You search the massive pyrothag.
It had a claidhmore.
It didn't carry any silver.
It had a green starstone on it!
It had nothing else of value.
A massive pyrothag quickly decomposes into a pile of sticky grey ash.
>
[sloot]>get #173417237
You pick up a green starstone.
>
[sloot]>put my starstone in #173310355
You put a green starstone in your grey spidersilk satchel.
>
--- Lich: sloot has exited.
>stance defensive
You are now in a defensive stance.
Re: Animate Bug or Creature Bug? 09/07/2015 10:00 PM CDT
This happened again with a Fire Sprite:

You are unable to avoid being injured by the firestorm!
A quilted leather arming coat partially deflects the onslaught of the fiery attack.
... 1 point of damage!
Minor burns to right eye. You blink back the tears.
An animated massive pyrothag is unable to avoid being injured by the firestorm!
The massive pyrothag scoffs at the heat!
R>
AS: +298 vs DS: +247 with AvD: +41 + d100 roll: +32 = +124
... and hits for 85 points of damage!

Still had about 8 minutes left on my Animate Dead spell duration. Feels like the fire sprite is somehow dispelling my animate dead off the animate.
Re: Animate Bug or Creature Bug? 09/08/2015 04:20 PM CDT
And another time:

AS: +292 vs DS: +293 with AvD: +41 + d100 roll: +89 = +129
... and hits for 58 points of damage!

Still had 4+ minutes left on my Animate Dead duration.

Really have no idea why this keeps happening with fire sprites. They're the only critter that does this so far. Is it some kind of lash-out dispel flare from being damaged?
Re: Animate Bug or Creature Bug? 09/10/2015 12:46 PM CDT
ASHRAAM
Really have no idea why this keeps happening with fire sprites.

Hi there! I just wanted to hop in and let you know that I've seen this and I'm aware that it's happening. I don't know what's causing this to happen yet, but it does look like a bug to me.

~ Konacon
Re: Animate Bug or Creature Bug? 09/30/2015 10:26 AM CDT
> Had this happen to me twice now:
> An animated massive pyrothag swings a claidhmore at a fire sprite!
> AS: +336 vs DS: +259 with AvD: +41 + d100 roll: +48 = +166
> ... and hits for 71 points of damage!
> An animated massive pyrothag looks slightly different.
> You sense a loss of the connection between you and your animate.

This should be fixed now! Sorry this one took so long... Tracking it down involved some serious shenanigans.

~ Konacon
Re: Animate Bug or Creature Bug? 09/30/2015 10:49 AM CDT

>This should be fixed now! Sorry this one took so long... Tracking it down involved some serious shenanigans.

Great to see some of the outstanding issues being taken care of. Thanks!
Re: Animate Bug or Creature Bug? 09/30/2015 03:13 PM CDT
This should be fixed now! Sorry this one took so long... Tracking it down involved some serious shenanigans.
~ Konacon

No wonder they put Konacon on it <snicker>.
Re: Animate Bug or Creature Bug? 12/14/2015 09:12 PM CST
Another animate bug, this time with a mage in our party? Apparently the bard song that hits all creatures in the room will also injure my animate even while grouped. Why?

GroupMage's hands glow with power as he summons elemental energy to his command...
GroupMage gestures at a giant fog beetle.
The ground beneath a giant fog beetle begins to boil violently!
Fiery debris explodes from the ground!
... 20 points of damage!
Blow grazes left arm lightly.
... 25 points of damage!
... 30 points of damage!
Burst of flames to abdomen toasts skin nicely.
... 15 points of damage!
Minor burns to right leg. That hurts a bit.
... 20 points of damage!
... 10 points of damage!
Minor burns to back. Looks uncomfortable.
The boiling ground shifts, erupting towards an animated dwarven brigand in a burst of flame!
Fiery debris explodes from the ground!
... 1 point of damage!
Stubs left hand finger.
... 5 points of damage!
Minor burns to left eye. Foe blinks back the tears.
... 15 points of damage!
Burst of flames char chest a crispy black.
The dwarven brigand is stunned!
The ground then quickly cools.