Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: HSN: Sacrifice Updates 07/11/2015 12:52 AM CDT

It may be just myself, but Im only seeing the infest debuff last long enough to hit 1 spawn. Is this working as intended?
Re: HSN: Sacrifice Updates 07/11/2015 01:03 AM CDT
Also, I saw a great idea being discussed tonight by some folks. Realistically, sorcerers at high levels don't worry about creature AS/CS very much (nor TD in most cases)

But there's a huge long-standing problem with casting animates- as their CS is curved around player TD while their TD is curved around player CS. What if the infest pulled the energy from the victim and, in addition to the current ability, also transferred the lost AS/CS/TD/etc to the sorcerer's animate? For 100 ranks of necromancy, it seems like something a bit more fitting.
Re: HSN: Sacrifice Updates 07/11/2015 01:40 PM CDT
Cooldown times

Base with 0 necromancy ranks: 10 minutes (confirmed) - previously 20 minutes
Ranks 1 to 120: -2 seconds per rank (confirmed up to 107 ranks)
Ranks 121 to 200: -0.75 seconds per rank (speculative)
Ranks >200: -1.5 seconds per rank (speculative)**

NecromancyCooldown
Ranks (in minutes)

**Cooldown times of (4:57) and (4:45) with 202 and 210 ranks, respectively, indicates that ranks greater than 200 have a 1.5 second per rank bonus. Values in the above table for ranks greater than 107 still need to be confirmed. What's needed is the cooldown time from anyone with ranks in the 120 to 200 range.

Mark
Re: HSN: Sacrifice Updates 07/11/2015 06:04 PM CDT
Awesome chart, thanks. Matches my 7 minute cooldown with 90 ranks.
Re: HSN: Sacrifice Updates 07/13/2015 02:58 AM CDT
Finally had a chance to play around more with Sacrifice Channel. It now works as advertised (yay!). Absolutely loving it, thank you so much! The ability seems very well balanced. It makes it possible to keep an animate around indefinitely, but not without due attention and active involvement (sacrificing a creature every 20 minutes). It's also truly keeping within the spirit of sorcery and necromancy. Very flavorful and apt.

Thanks again,

~ GtG (and minions)
Re: HSN: Sacrifice Updates 07/13/2015 08:20 AM CDT
>Finally had a chance to play around more with Sacrifice Channel. It now works as advertised (yay!). Absolutely loving it, thank you so much! The ability seems very well balanced. It makes it possible to keep an animate around indefinitely, but not without due attention and active involvement (sacrificing a creature every 20 minutes). It's also truly keeping within the spirit of sorcery and necromancy. Very flavorful and apt.

Now all we need is for Star Curse and Sacrifice Channel to work on town NPCs so we don't have to go find a rolton.

I'm sure the animus of the shaggy mutt or that blasted flower girl are very potent. Fluffy and Snuffy even more so, since Fluffy is a war hero and all.

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: HSN: Sacrifice Updates 07/13/2015 08:40 AM CDT
Anybody spent time using Sacrifice Infest? How much does it weaken AS/DS/CS/TD? How many "gens" are affected? Is it always the same number, or does it vary, or does it apply for a set amount of time? Does it only apply to critters that generate in the room with the Sorcerer, or can they generate anywhere in the hunting area? Does it work on bandits, even though they generate with different descriptions? I do not currently have enough necromancy skill to test it myself.
Re: HSN: Sacrifice Updates 07/13/2015 05:04 PM CDT
< Fluffy and Snuffy even more so, since Fluffy is a war hero and all.>

::Glances at Daid and puts aside a couple of his mechanical arrows that have started to get rusty for the next time he even thinks of making such a suggestion.::

Starchitin (behold the power of gnome)

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: HSN: Sacrifice Updates 07/14/2015 02:14 PM CDT
<< Fluffy and Snuffy even more so, since Fluffy is a war hero and all.>>

<::Glances at Daid and puts aside a couple of his mechanical arrows that have started to get rusty for the next time he even thinks of making such a suggestion.::>

You shoot rusty arrows at Kaldonis, you get diseased. From standing so close.

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: HSN: Sacrifice Updates 07/14/2015 04:36 PM CDT
<You shoot rusty arrows at Kaldonis, you get diseased. From standing so close.>

Yer perception ain't high enough an yea know it. Sides, everaone knows gnomes are immune ta diseases.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: HSN: Sacrifice Updates 07/14/2015 05:06 PM CDT
>Yer perception ain't high enough an yea know it.

Deh?

>Perception.........................| 195 95

And that's without my skull ring on, too.

Re: HSN: Sacrifice Updates 07/14/2015 08:44 PM CDT
<<And that's without my skull ring on, too.>>

Yea kin color this gnome unimpressed... 95 ranks dun mean much to a well trained sniper.

Starchitin

Re: HSN: Sacrifice Updates 07/15/2015 02:19 PM CDT

I gave up trying to test it, with no indication that something is infested, its hard to know if the next target I saw spawned after infest, or before and it also feels like by the time a new spawn occurs, the infest duration is over so who knows.
Re: HSN: Sacrifice Updates 07/15/2015 06:09 PM CDT

Ok, I lied. After remembering I can use 703 to determine level I decided to try one more time. After doing 3 runs to check / verify Crawlers level and TD prior to infesting and 3 more runs after, below is what I came up with. I'd like to have a larger data set to draw from, but ugh this is exhausting.

CLVL / TD / Infested TD

98 / 417 / 393
99 / 420 / 396
100 / 423 / 399
101 / 426 / 402
102 / 429 / 405
103 / 432 / 408
104 / 435 / 411
105 / 438 / 414
106 / 441 / 417
107 / 444 / 420
108 / 447 / 423

Looks like -24TD each time I would infest a Crawler. Now I didn't think of this till after the fact, but there is a chance my initial sacrifice was the same level each run as Crawlers tend to spawn with 429 TD more often then not, so as for the question of if the Pushdown is static or a variable, I still do not know, and will try to figure that out later tonight, kinda burnt atm on this. If anyone else has some info to throw my way, or even conflicting data please share it so we can get down to the bottom of this. Something tells me there are not alot of Sorcs actually able to test this so any and all info I can get would be great. Thanks.

-Zlukhaine
Re: HSN: Sacrifice Updates 07/15/2015 06:20 PM CDT
Here is the log from 1 infest with a 703 Verify at the end.

>711
You trace an intricate sign that contorts in the air while forcefully invoking Pain...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at an enormous rift crawler.
CS: +550 - TD: +429 + CvA: +25 + d100: +80 == +226
Warding failed!
An enormous rift crawler contorts in excruciating agony!
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
>711
You trace an intricate sign that contorts in the air while forcefully invoking Pain...
Your spell is ready.
CS: +550 - TD: +429 + CvA: +25 + d100: +90 == +236
Warding failed!
You feel the unnatural surge of necrotic power wane away.
>706
You trace an intricate sign that contorts in the air while forcefully invoking Mind Jolt...
Your spell is ready.
CS: +532 - TD: +429 + CvA: +25 + d100: +49 == +177
Warding failed!
Its eyes flash with a searing jolt of light!
It is heavily stunned!
* Covette joins the adventure.
>702
You trace an intricate sign that contorts in the air while forcefully invoking Mana Disruption...
Your spell is ready.
You channel at an enormous rift crawler.
CS: +532 - TD: +429 + CvA: +25 + d100: +39 == +167
Warding failed!
Massive internal disruption for 75 points of damage!
(65+ hidden damage!)
... 15 points of damage!
Roundtime: 3 sec.
>sac infest craw
You focus your inner thoughts, channeling a part of your spirit as you initiate a link with the rift crawler.

Steeling your thoughts, you begin to draw energy from your victim.
The crawler contorts in agony!

Your senses tingle, then become awash in a flood of power as the life leaves your hapless foe!
As the rift crawler dies, the beast's massive body curls in on itself, convulses once, and stills.
Mastering the struggle against the frantic rush of stolen power, you infuse the wild energy with a dark haze of necrosis. With a small smirk, you force the sickly currents from your body, commanding them to seek and infest similar creatures in the area.

Then one spawned as I was running around, and of course unburrowed on me:

You feel a rumble come from beneath your feet.
The ground begins to shiver slightly, casting thin ripples across the landscape. As the protuberances increase in intensity, an enormous rift crawler launches to the surface from within! The crawler's massive maw lies agape, its glistening obsidian teeth gnashing at everything in their path!
You take the brunt of the blow from the crawler's massive body, narrowly avoiding its razor-sharp teeth!
... 15 points of damage!
Nasty blow to your right arm!
You are stunned for 1 round!
The crawler lurches through the air before finally landing with a solid thud.
A fallen crusader gestures sharply toward you!
A fallen crusader's eyes glow with silvery grey light, and then everything around you shimmers to match the argentine color.
CS: +396 - TD: +435 + CvA: +4 + d100: +21 - -5 == -9
Warded off!
With a faint flicker, the grey luminescence fades away.
You are still stunned.
* Alexandretta joins the adventure.
>tar craw
You are now targeting an enormous rift crawler.
A fallen crusader swings a gilt-edged steel talon sword at you!
You stumble dazedly, somehow managing to block the attack with your rowan staff!
>711
You are still stunned.
>711
Your spell is ready.
CS: +532 - TD: +396 + CvA: +25 + d100: +36 == +197
Warding failed!
>711
Your spell is ready.
CS: +532 - TD: +396 + CvA: +25 + d100: +58 == +219
Warding failed!
A fallen crusader traces a twisted symbol as she calls upon her inner power.
>703
You trace an intricate sign that contorts in the air while forcefully invoking Corrupt Essence...
Your spell is ready.
CS: +532 - TD: +366 + CvA: +25 + d100: +20 == +211
Warding failed!
An enormous rift crawler is suddenly surrounded by a blood red haze.

Necrotic energy from your rowan staff overflows into you!

You feel rejuvenated!
>703
You trace an intricate sign that contorts in the air while forcefully invoking Corrupt Essence...
Your spell is ready.
CS: +532 - TD: +366 + CvA: +25 + d100: +70 == +261
Warding failed!
The blood red haze surrounding an enormous rift crawler stirs slightly, but appears otherwise unchanged.
>711
Your spell is ready.
CS: +532 - TD: +396 + CvA: +25 + d100: +36 == +197
Warding failed!
As the rift crawler dies, the beast's massive body curls in on itself, convulses once, and stills.
The blood red haze dissipates from around an enormous rift crawler.

If you notice, this Crawlers TD was 396, which is far below the normal TD of any Crawler. Casting 703 on it pushed the TD down to 366. With a pushdown of 30 on 703, according to the Wiki the Crawler would be level 99 and should have a TD of about 420, which then after the debuff of infest would equal 396.

I could be doing this all wrong, but it appears to make sense in my head and when I work it in reverse, anyone able to verify my findings?

-Zlukhaine
Re: HSN: Sacrifice Updates 07/16/2015 10:34 AM CDT
Infested creatures receive a ((creature level / 5) + 5) penalty to their AS, DS, CS, and TD. We're already working on a number of issues with the ability.

GameMaster Estild
Re: HSN: Sacrifice Updates 07/16/2015 11:18 AM CDT

So I was going to post a revision of my chart with the lowest TD base value of a Level 98 Crawler being 414 instead of 417, but now that we have the formula it's kinda moot. Thank you for the info and all the work being put into this!

-Zlukhaine
Re: HSN: Sacrifice Updates 07/21/2015 07:09 PM CDT
>You shoot rusty arrows at Kaldonis, you get diseased. From standing so close.

TOLD YOU SO.

Re: HSN: Sacrifice Updates 08/20/2015 12:43 PM CDT
I have been trying to use Sacrifice Channel with 66 ranks of Necromancy lore on critters that are level 38.

Based on my calculations (and in-game feedback from the Spell Active system), I should have a Sacrifice Cooldown of around 7.8 minutes.

So, I successfully Sacrifice Channel at Mud Wasp(38) and refresh the Animate Dead (730) Duration to 10 minutes.

With less than 2 minutes left on my Duration (8 minutes have elapsed) and the Sacrifice Cooldown removed from my Spell Active list, I attempt to Sacrifice Channel the same creature (Mud Wasp) with the following results:

>>You steel your thoughts and focus on the wasp, but you are unable to draw enough of your energy to drain such a powerful foe. Perhaps you should wait a while longer.

What does this mean? Why can I not successfully sacrifice the wasp?

Wait another 1:30 with only 26 seconds left on the Animate Dead timer - I was able to successfully sacrifice the Mud Wasp.

Do you have to find a super low-level creature? There aren't any of those on Teras...
Re: HSN: Sacrifice Updates 08/20/2015 01:19 PM CDT
ASHRAAM
I have been trying to use Sacrifice Channel with 66 ranks of Necromancy lore on critters that are level 38.
Based on my calculations (and in-game feedback from the Spell Active system), I should have a Sacrifice Cooldown of around 7.8 minutes.
So, I successfully Sacrifice Channel at Mud Wasp(38) and refresh the Animate Dead (730) Duration to 10 minutes.
With less than 2 minutes left on my Duration (8 minutes have elapsed) and the Sacrifice Cooldown removed from my Spell Active list, I attempt to Sacrifice Channel the same creature (Mud Wasp) with the following results:
>>You steel your thoughts and focus on the wasp, but you are unable to draw enough of your energy to drain such a powerful foe. Perhaps you should wait a while longer.
What does this mean? Why can I not successfully sacrifice the wasp?
Wait another 1:30 with only 26 seconds left on the Animate Dead timer - I was able to successfully sacrifice the Mud Wasp.

Did you receive the messaging stating, "You feel refreshed enough to sacrifice another animus."? Also, if you're able to reproduce the issue, can you type SPELL ACTIVE, then immediately try a SACRIFICE (assuming the cooldown is not listed)? If so, please post a log. Your cooldown should only be 7.7 minutes.

GameMaster Estild
Re: HSN: Sacrifice Updates 08/20/2015 02:17 PM CDT
I haven't been able to reproduce this since testing it. I know that the spell dropped off my list of Spell Active, but I wasn't watching for the messaging. I was able to successfully re-sacrifice three times while watching for that messaging and then doing Spell Active to verify it wasn't running before searching for a critter to sacrifice.

Unless you tweaked something since your post?
Re: HSN: Sacrifice Updates 09/03/2015 07:45 AM CDT
<< Infested creatures receive a ((creature level / 5) + 5) penalty to their AS, DS, CS, and TD. We're already working on a number of issues with the ability. >> --GameMaster Estild in post 431

Is Sacrifice Infest still under review?
Re: HSN: Sacrifice Updates 09/13/2015 05:11 PM CDT
Would the powers that be consider offering increasing the maximum duration of animates based on lore, salts, wand, etc to at least two times the current limits? It's not impossible to refresh your animates at the current stage but upkeep and forgetting in a short period seems to happen a lot and for those equipping animates it's less fun to worry about losing gear when animates fall mid-hunt.

I don't see how capping the current limits at 2x or approximately 1 hour changes the spell much besides making the upkeep less frantic than every 10-29 minutes of finding a freshing sacrifice or wave of a soulstone wand.

Rolf
Re: HSN: Sacrifice Updates 09/13/2015 06:23 PM CDT

Ouch the duration is only 30min?

I thought 920 was annoying with my 50min duration and all I need to do is recast. I still found it easy enough to accidentally let it expire that I wrote a script for it.
Re: HSN: Sacrifice Updates 09/14/2015 08:05 AM CDT
The base duration is 10 minutes. Exceptional salt crystals raises that to about 26 minutes. A soulstone wand base\caps at about 29 minutes (I don't think the 90 ranks of necromancy lore make a difference with the wand).
Re: HSN: Sacrifice Updates 09/14/2015 11:55 AM CDT

Until an adjustment to the duration is decided on, is it possible to get the spell moved up to the top of the list in spell active? a 5 minute warning message might also help, whichever is easier works for me :)

follow-up Q: is it possible to rearrange the order of the spell active list on the user end?

I've had to start using my Echo as a spell timer for it.

>sac channel {lesser creature}

"Alexa, set timer 20 minutes"

(but the alarm is annoying)
Re: HSN: Sacrifice Updates 09/14/2015 12:51 PM CDT
+1 to longer times for animate dead
Re: HSN: Sacrifice Updates 09/14/2015 01:23 PM CDT

>>Until an adjustment to the duration is decided on, is it possible to get the spell moved up to the top of the list in spell active? a 5 minute warning message might also help, whichever is easier works for me :)

One thing that might help, if you right click it in your spell active window you can change the color. Make it red to contrast with the other spells and it'll be much easier to keep track of in my experience.
Re: HSN: Sacrifice Updates 09/14/2015 01:25 PM CDT

>Make it red to contrast with the other spells and it'll be much easier to keep track of in my experience.

the problem is it's in the 700s and pretty far down the list of spells I wear so I have to scroll down to see it
Re: HSN: Sacrifice Updates 09/14/2015 07:44 PM CDT
<the problem is it's in the 700s and pretty far down the list of spells I wear so I have to scroll down to see it>

Either your resolution stinks or you wear WAY too many spells.

Starchitin

Re: HSN: Sacrifice Updates 09/14/2015 07:57 PM CDT

>Either your resolution stinks or you wear WAY too many spells.

I wear the max amount before spell burst kicks in, although I need to recalculate after the past 9 months or so of training.
Re: HSN: Sacrifice Updates 09/15/2015 09:46 AM CDT
>>sac channel {lesser creature}

>"Alexa, set timer 20 minutes"

>(but the alarm is annoying)

I'm highly amused by this method.

I should write a quick script to check WoF duration when war camping, since I have like an entire page of spells and I want to know if it's okay for 10 seconds longer or not. Instead I just hit SPELL ACTIVE and squint at...this monstrosity:

You currently have the following active spells:
Armor Support ...................... 2:05:43
Curse of the Star (bonus) .......... 0:37:50
Sign of Staunching ................. 0:24:47
Spirit Warding I ................... 2:48:55
Spirit Barrier ..................... 0:48:50
Spirit Defense ..................... 0:48:46
Disease Resistance ................. 2:51:20
Poison Resistance .................. 3:48:39
Spirit Warding II .................. 0:58:36
Fasthr's Reward .................... 0:58:28
Lesser Shroud ...................... 0:58:24
Wall of Force ...................... 0:00:13
Spirit Shield ...................... 1:24:46
Bravery ............................ 1:28:47
Heroism ............................ 0:47:03
Prayer of Protection ............... 1:25:06
Benediction ........................ 1:31:35
Warding Sphere ..................... 1:31:50
Prayer ............................. 1:27:47
Elemental Defense I ................ 2:17:23
Elemental Defense II ............... 2:31:11
Elemental Defense III .............. 1:13:53
Elemental Targeting ................ 3:03:36
Elemental Barrier .................. 2:57:58
Thurfel's Ward ..................... 1:27:28
Elemental Deflection ............... 1:33:48
Elemental Bias ..................... 1:33:24
Strength ........................... 1:25:48
Elemental Focus .................... 1:30:21
Natural Colors ..................... 2:17:43
Resist Elements .................... 1:43:23
Phoen's Strength ................... 1:30:38
Self Control ....................... 1:32:43
Mobility ........................... 1:43:15
Cloak of Shadows ................... 3:17:48
Prismatic Guard .................... 1:33:57
Mass Blur .......................... 1:27:43
Foresight .......................... 1:26:37
Mindward ........................... 1:27:01
Sign of Warding .................... 0:09:34
Sign of Striking ................... 0:09:52
Sign of Defending .................. 0:09:56
Sign of Smiting .................... 0:09:46
Sign of Deflection ................. 0:09:56
Sign of Swords ..................... 0:11:25

Re: HSN: Sacrifice Updates 09/15/2015 07:46 PM CDT
That wall of text makes me twitch just thinking about how much effort it must take to keep all that up..... I knew there was a reason I don't have any characters in GoS...

Starchitin

Re: HSN: Sacrifice Updates 11/16/2015 08:53 AM CST

I am also at a +1 for longer duration. 2x would be ideal but even 50% increase would be nice...

Ideally I'd like to see some way to keep them up without too much worry. Sacrifice is nice to keep them going but maybe for in a pinch or RP reasons could I have the animate feed from my spirit? (Hard to attend the costume ball etc with your animate in tow if you have to step out to smoke a creature every 10-20 minutes.
Re: HSN: Sacrifice Updates 11/16/2015 09:15 AM CST

>I am also at a +1 for longer duration. 2x would be ideal but even 50% increase would be nice...

any movement on this? Something to be thankful for next week? maybe an early Thrakmas present?
Re: HSN: Sacrifice Updates 11/26/2015 10:03 PM CST

What ever happened to the Sac Infest change?
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page