The hardest rescue ever 06/21/2014 05:17 AM CDT
Well, my first salt crystals got immolated by Voln preservation. Doh. Luckily I had brought the ingredients with me, as well as a Minor Sanctuary scroll. Not that you can make salt crystals in a Sanctuary...as I've complained about previously.

You carefully spread your crimson salt crystals on the body of Sanvenae.
>beam
You beam!
>hands
You have an uncut ruby in your left hand.
>prep 730
A salty sea breeze stirs as you chant an old sailor's ditty, invoking Animate Dead.
Your spell is ready.
>cast sanv
You gesture at Sanvenae.
d100: 83 + Modifiers: 223== 306
You intone deeply over the body of Sanvenae, as slender glowing wisps gather towards the uncut ruby within your hand, like a swarm of moths to a lantern. The ruby responds in kind by growing warm to the touch as the wisps disappear within, leaving it faintly aglow. You hold your uncut ruby out towards Sanvenae, and turn it slowly as if winding up a mechanical clock; Sanvenae's body responds likewise by slowly setting itself in motion.
Your uncut ruby grows brighter and brighter until it seems its very core is burning itself hollow. With a flicker, the light within the ruby goes dark and you are left with a husk of an uncut ruby, and an upright animated Sanvenae.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
>look
[Dark Grotto, Small Tunnel]
The tunnel twists and turns, undulating through the surrounding rock. The floor, walls and low ceiling are irregular but smooth, as if something had passed this way many times to wear away any jagged edges. The dim green light given off by patches of glowing lichen shrouds the tunnel in odd shadows that dance and waver before your eyes.
Also here: Lady Sanvenae who is an animated corpse
Obvious exits: southeast, northwest
Sanvenae falls to the ground in a heap.
You sense a loss of the connection between you and your animate.
Sanvenae just left.
You hoarsely demand, "Now, come with me!"

Drat, so the death logout timer keeps hitting her, even though the player is at the keyboard. Okay so I cook up a third batch of crystals. We wait for 730 to wear off (although UNLINK might work).

Sanvenae seems slightly different. The stench of decay is growing more pervasive.

>spread crystals on sanv
You don't think Sanvenae is suitable for animation.

Finally whipped out a Raise Dead scroll because Necromancy is a pile of rubbish apparently. I'm hoping at least this is considered a bug and might get fixed...

>(OOC) Rozy's player whispers to the group, "Spiiiiiderhalfling!"

>Out of no where, a ki-lin gallops in.