Energy by the measure (ensorcell hunters) 11/04/2013 10:31 PM CST
So far at tier 7 of summation 1 chart killing ONLY bandits and grimswarm (like level) i'm getting a 21% discount on kills and only need 790 to max my week.

Projected, this 3% per tier of necromancy ranks on the summation 1 chart would lead to 57% kill discount at 195 ranks or tier 19 on the summation chart.

If i'm wrong on the high end i'm wrong but if my study at tier 7 is suggestive of anything, it is that necromancy bonus can be quite fulfilling when it comes to gathering ensorcell energy.
Re: Energy by the measure (ensorcell hunters) 11/04/2013 10:41 PM CST
<<<If i'm wrong on the high end i'm wrong but if my study at tier 7 is suggestive of anything, it is that necromancy bonus can be quite fulfilling when it comes to gathering ensorcell energy.>>>

Since math isn't my strong suit, what would you say are some optimal goals for necromancy ranks if someone wants to boost their energy gathering efforts? Are there any particular thresholds to shoot for, or is it just "more is better" and that's that?

By the way, sorry to have missed the Ensorcell Fireside Chat at Twilight Hall this evening. Would have loved to have been there.

~ Heathyr
Re: Energy by the measure (ensorcell hunters) 11/04/2013 11:22 PM CST
Summation chart puts each Tier at rank;

* +1 bonus at 1 ranks
* +2 bonus at 3 ranks
* +3 bonus at 6 ranks
* +4 bonus at 10 ranks
* +5 bonus at 15 ranks
* +6 bonus at 21 ranks
* +7 bonus at 28 ranks
* +8 bonus at 36 ranks
* +9 bonus at 45 ranks
* +10 bonus at 55 ranks
* +11 bonus at 66 ranks
* +12 bonus at 78 ranks
* +13 bonus at 91 ranks
* +14 bonus at 105 ranks
* +15 bonus at 120 ranks
* +16 bonus at 136 ranks
* +17 bonus at 153 ranks
* +18 bonus at 171 ranks
* +19 bonus at 190 ranks
* +20 bonus at 210 ranks
* +21 bonus at 231 ranks

My studies for likelevel ensorcell energy gathering was with 0 ranks and 28 natural ranks. My next study will be with an increased amount.
Re: Energy by the measure (ensorcell hunters) 11/05/2013 12:11 AM CST
Wow, that's fantastic, exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much for doing all this research, and sharing your results. Awesome. :)

~ Heathyr the forum witch
Re: Energy by the measure (ensorcell hunters) 11/05/2013 08:16 AM CST

Next month I boost to tier 11 and will hopefully find a corration in kills of like-level at the 670 mark.

Ps studies done with consistant like-level require a week of just bandits and grimswarm if anyone is looking to add their data.
Re: Energy by the measure (ensorcell hunters) 11/05/2013 01:39 PM CST

>If i'm wrong on the high end i'm wrong but if my study at tier 7 is suggestive of anything, it is that necromancy bonus can be quite fulfilling when it comes to gathering ensorcell energy.

I still think that how it is calculated puts most of the value on the level of the critter.

Suppose it is percentage modifier, 57% discount in kills at tier 19, you surmise, but that is the wrong way of looking at it. Lets just round it to a 50% discount, which really means you'get getting a 100% bonus on the value of critters you kill, which is the better way of looking at it (how it modifiers energy per kill, rather than kills per week).

Now, suppose it is 10 energy for killing like level, 9 for 1 level beneath you, 8 for 2 levels beneath you, and so on.

If you're hunting something like level, your benefit per kill is 10. If you're hunting something 10 levels beneath you, your benefit per kill is 1. The bonus is itself modified heavily by what you hunt.

Or, to say it another way, even at max necromancy training, you'd need to kill 5 critters 9 levels beneath you to get the exact same amount of necrojuice as someone who has 0 ranks in necromancy and merely kills a like leveled creature. Which makes the incentive to train in necromancy for this reason, slight. I wouldn't call it quite fulfilling in anycase, but it'll depend on what you hunt. If you do warcamps, maybe it is worth it.
Re: Energy by the measure (ensorcell hunters) 11/05/2013 01:47 PM CST
Thanks for doing this, Rolfard, and sharing your research. It's very helpful and much appreciated!

Dave, Brandain's Bard
Re: Energy by the measure (ensorcell hunters) 11/06/2013 09:42 AM CST
I would like to thank Allereli for providing the challenge and some of her data as well as the author of the ;killcounter script who provided and modified the script with some of my suggestions!

Also thanks to coase for rolling this out practically on my birthday.
Re: Energy by the measure (ensorcell hunters) 12/07/2013 09:39 AM CST
Am I correct that each bonus on the summation chart reduces by 30 the number of required like-level kills to reach the weekly cap? If so, then it seems that, for someone who already has a lot of necromancy ranks, invest heavily in necromancy enhancives is not a huge benefit to energy harvesting. Necromancy ranks are very important for necro energy harvesting, but not at the margin. Is that a fair conclusion?
Re: Energy by the measure (ensorcell hunters) 12/07/2013 11:04 AM CST
>>Is that a fair conclusion?

I would say so, although gathering energy may not be the only reason to use enhancives. I know Virilenus has maxed out necromancy enhancives so that he gets three acuity flares from ensorcell while leaving more ranks free for demonology and better phasing. It all depends on your goals.
Re: Energy by the measure (ensorcell hunters) 12/07/2013 11:05 AM CST
*Virilneus, damn lack of an edit button.