Handheld Necromancy Enhancive and 730 Crystals 09/08/2012 07:48 AM CDT
If I hold a weapon in my hand that enhances necromancy ranks when I cast DC at the solution while making animation crystals, do I get the benefit of the necromancy enhancement? I obviously cannot hold the weapon while I am grinding the solution, and it seems likely that the measuring point is when I cast DC. Any insights?
Re: Handheld Necromancy Enhancive and 730 Crystals 09/08/2012 01:10 PM CDT
KARDIOS
If I hold a weapon in my hand that enhances necromancy ranks when I cast DC at the solution while making animation crystals, do I get the benefit of the necromancy enhancement? I obviously cannot hold the weapon while I am grinding the solution, and it seems likely that the measuring point is when I cast DC. Any insights?

It's checked when you're grinding the solution and when you cast. Unfortunately, if the numbers are different, it uses the lesser of the two. The original intent was that if one Sorcerer started the solution and another finished it, it's only as strong as the weakest link. So, unfortunately, handheld items with Necromancy lore won't be useful for creating the salts. I'll follow up with Strathspey about whether this is appropriate or not.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Handheld Necromancy Enhancive and 730 Crystals 09/08/2012 07:13 PM CDT
Thank you. I plan to go to the Ebon Gate festival this year, and that info will help me plan. Since I can't use a handheld necromancy item while making crystals, I plan to get some fusion robes or light leather to dedicate to crystal making. If I'm lucky, I might get it altered at the festival into something necromancy related. I'll turn my handheld necromancy item into an orb to go in my new "necromancy uniform."
Re: Handheld Necromancy Enhancive and 730 Crystals 09/08/2012 10:41 PM CDT
>Thank you. I plan to go to the Ebon Gate festival this year, and that info will help me plan. Since I can't use a handheld necromancy item while making crystals, I plan to get some fusion robes or light leather to dedicate to crystal making. If I'm lucky, I might get it altered at the festival into something necromancy related. I'll turn my handheld necromancy item into an orb to go in my new "necromancy uniform."

Kardios, I believe I have extra of the +5 necro bracelets from a few years ago that I wear when I make crystals, let me know if you're interested and I'll check and sell them to you for a reasonable price. You can email my play.net

Estild, thanks for the info on the skill checks.

~Allereli
Re: Handheld Necromancy Enhancive and 730 Crystals 09/09/2012 06:57 AM CDT
<< Kardios, I believe I have extra of the +5 necro bracelets from a few years ago that I wear when I make crystals, let me know if you're interested and I'll check and sell them to you for a reasonable price. You can email my play.net >>

Thanks. I already have two of those, one for each wrist.
Re: Handheld Necromancy Enhancive and 730 Crystals 09/10/2012 08:45 AM CDT

>Thank you. I plan to go to the Ebon Gate festival this year, and that info will help me plan. Since I can't use a handheld necromancy item while making crystals, I plan to get some fusion robes or light leather to dedicate to crystal making. If I'm lucky, I might get it altered at the festival into something necromancy related. I'll turn my handheld necromancy item into an orb to go in my new "necromancy uniform."

This is a good idea that more people should pursue. You can lighten fusion robes down to 2 pounds I think, easy enough to phase. Sorcerers for animating or summoning or scroll infusing, wizards for enchanting. I even think rogues could stand to do it for lockpicking. I personally use it for both summoning and enchanting.