An animated ethereal triton sentry drifts in, gliding swiftly just above the ground. 03/07/2012 11:20 AM CST
So for kicks one morning I figured I would animate a Triton Sentry.
These can be quite tricky since they are non corporeal and fade really quickly. And according to the cartographer, Tsoran about a Level 103.

This is a pure which normally isn't the best animate.

I brought it town spelled it up and took it out to the temple.

Here are a few things I saw it do. Please note these this isn't an actual combat log but bits and pieces from my hunt.

An animated ethereal triton sentry's hollow eye sockets become clouded with a muted purple fog. An odd wave of energy distorts the air, rippling outward from the sentry, inspiring a strange sensation within you that begins to encroach upon your thoughts.

CS: +438 - TD: +359 + CvA: +20 + d100: +80 == +179
Warding failed!
A triton executioner's eyes begin to glow purple.

CS: +438 - TD: +343 + CvA: +20 + d100: +3 == +118
Warding failed!
A triton combatant's eyes begin to glow purple.

An animated ethereal triton sentry points an ethereal, clawed finger toward a siren!
CS: +449 - TD: +403 + CvA: +20 + d100: +85 == +151
Warding failed!
... and hits for 30 points of damage!
A siren is suddenly engulfed in flames of pure essence!
... 70 points of damage!
Fire completely surrounds a siren. Blood boils and heart stops.
The siren gives a plaintive wail before she slumps to her side and dies.
The brilliant luminescence fades from around a siren.
The bright luminescence fades from around a siren.

You gesture at a triton executioner.
CS: +515 - TD: +381 + CvA: +20 + d100: +18 == +172
Warding failed!
The triton executioner's right arm explodes!
The executioner's sharply tapered longsword falls to the ground.
The triton executioner is stunned!
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

A severed radical arm splashes around in a puddle of its own blood. With sudden determination, it reaches towards a triton executioner, but can't seem to grab her.
>
An animated ethereal triton sentry looks around blankly.
An animated ethereal triton sentry shifts its gaze towards a triton executioner.
An animated ethereal triton sentry's eyes flash a bright, ghostly blue as her stares deeply into a triton executioner's eyes!

A triton executioner reels as its temporarily disoriented!

An animated ethereal triton sentry points an ethereal, clawed finger toward a triton executioner!
A void rips open in the area, directly above a triton executioner!
Rather abrupt decompression causes a triton executioner to explode!
Billions and billions of tiny executioner bits shower everything.
Quite severely dead.
A single item, about 4 feet from the void, was picked up and sucked toward the blackness. The item did more mutilation to the corpse. The void disappears without further incident.

A severed executioner arm skitters across the ground, twitching like a snake slithering towards its prey, and leaving a trail of blood and flesh. Quickly, it reaches towards a triton radical, but can't seem to grab him.
>
An animated ethereal triton sentry points an ethereal, clawed finger toward a triton radical!
The dull golden nimbus surrounding a triton radical suddenly begins to glow brightly.
CS: +449 - TD: +408 + CvA: +25 + d100: +35 == +101
Warding failed!
... and hits for 10 points of damage!
A triton radical is suddenly engulfed in flames of pure essence!
... 15 points of damage!
Minor burns to head. That hurt a bit.
... 5 points of damage!
Icy chill to the triton radical's midriff. Looks like a bowl of nice hot stew is in order.
... 5 points of damage!
Light shock to chest. That stings!
... 20 points of damage!
Strike to head reddens cheekbone.

An animated ethereal triton sentry swings a twisted soot black runestaff at a triton radical!
AS: +485 vs DS: +238 with AvD: +4 + d100 roll: +93 = +344
... and hits for 52 points of damage!
Blow to chest causes the triton radical's heart to skip a beat.
The triton radical collapses, gurgling once with a wrathful look on his face before expiring.
The dully illuminated mantle protecting a triton radical begins to falter, then completely fades away.
A white glow rushes away from a triton radical.
The dull golden nimbus fades from around a triton radical.
The brilliant aura fades away from a triton radical.
The very powerful look leaves a triton radical.
The white light leaves a triton radical.

This was fun but for the best bang for your buck for an animate in Nelemar, I recommend a Triton Radical.

I asked the Sentry to magic me. It really only gave me Fasthr's Reward.

Peace
Zhelas

(Lord Paladin walks around Droit examining his equipment.)
Lord Paladin: How does he....How does he work?
Re: An animated ethereal triton sentry drifts in, gliding swiftly just above the ground. 03/07/2012 11:26 AM CST
That was a fun read. The following made me laugh out loud for some reason:

"Billions and billions of tiny executioner bits shower everything."

-- Robert

Much to your horror, a devastating inferno of flaming rocks ignite the entire sky and smite the area!
Re: An animated ethereal triton sentry drifts in, gliding swiftly just above the ground. 03/08/2012 02:48 PM CST
Rather than making me think of Carl Sagan it made me think of Carl Sagander from Duck tales first.

Billions and Billions of meteorites/bees/dollars.

It was practically all he says in that episode. Shows my age group i'd bet. Anybody younger would be like huh? and older would think of Carl Sagan first.