Demon runestone exchange 08/31/2010 10:49 PM CDT
Is there any interest out there in getting together one or more times to exchange demon-specific runestones and demonology lore, in general?

I can provide aishan, grantris and darkling and will gladly trade any/all of these for any of the others.

Do we even know, collectively, who knows which runes anymore? I believe Querthose knew (knows?) abyran'sa. I know Krolnivar knew verlok. There was a raffle for demon rune knowledge last year with a few winners of which at least one got arashan. I know I've heard of characters with grik and imp, but I can't remember who they were. Anyone else know? Can any of you be enticed to come out of the woodwork to draw some runes? I'll provide the materials if you'll provide the knowledge. I'm willing to negotiate making it worth your time if that's what's needed.

Heh, even if you're reading this six months from now I'll still be interested...
Re: Demon runestone exchange 09/03/2010 11:12 AM CDT
If I get one I'll make some. I prefer the verloks...

so GMs reading this send someone down to teach me pronto please. I dont have all this demonology for nuttin

~Moredin
Re: Demon runestone exchange 09/13/2010 08:27 PM CDT
I know the following and would be glad to make any needed. Just let me know.

- shien'tyr-arashan - shien'tyr-aishan - lorae'tyr-grantris
- grik'tyr-grik

- player of Berrigan
Re: Demon runestone exchange 09/14/2010 04:25 PM CDT
wow, super neat, good collection of runes
Re: Demon runestone exchange 09/15/2010 10:11 AM CDT
yeah that is really nice. but I was under the impression we couldn't know more than 3 uncommons?

not that I would know.

even though it's going to fall on deaf (or no) GM ears I'd still like to reiterate Nilven's idea of giving someone with a certain amount of both demonology and arcane symbols ranks their pick of an uncommon rune to know.

~Moredin
Re: Demon runestone exchange 09/15/2010 04:09 PM CDT
I thought you could learn 5 uncommon? I could too be wrong. Who knows..
Re: Demon runestone exchange 09/16/2010 06:17 PM CDT
>>even though it's going to fall on deaf (or no) GM ears I'd still like to reiterate Nilven's idea of giving someone with a certain amount of both demonology and arcane symbols ranks their pick of an uncommon rune to know.<<

Sounds like something that could be a part of library-based research that is currently in the alchemy system.

"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power" - William Shakespeare
Re: Demon runestone exchange 09/18/2010 10:14 AM CDT
I thought it was only three uncommon runes too, but I went away for a while and maybe they changed it then? Berrigan having four seems to indicate that something did change.

Anyway... I've got some time this weekend I could dedicate to making/exchanging runestones and would love to do so. I'd love to meet up with Berrigan, if he's available, and make some trades.

Venrath has extras made of the three she knows: shien'tyr-darkling, shien'tyr-aishan, and lorae'tyr-grantris which she would be willing to trade or give away to interested demonologists who might also be available this weekend. She's in Icemule but could travel for the opportunity. I'll check back here periodically for interest, as well as spend some time in the Guild.
Re: Demon runestone exchange 09/18/2010 10:54 AM CDT
Ok, it appears I am interested enough to dust off my AIM account and have that on all weekend too. AIM: VENRATH
Re: Demon runestone exchange 09/19/2010 12:42 PM CDT
The uncommon rune knowledge limit for a character is five. As far as I know, it has always been five.

GameMaster Oscuro

Rogue Team
Cleric/Empath Team
Re: Demon runestone exchange 09/19/2010 01:33 PM CDT
>>The uncommon rune knowledge limit for a character is five. As far as I know, it has always been five.<<

Out of curiosity, what happens when a character attempts to learn a 6th? Are they just told 'no' by some messaging?

If that's the case, and one must use the wy'zio rune to forget an uncommon rune, how is the rune that is forgotten decided?

"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power" - William Shakespeare
Re: Demon runestone exchange 09/19/2010 04:36 PM CDT
I can be at times hard to get and find. I drew a few runestones and dropped them in my shop on Four Winds. If you dont see me grab them there. They cost you a whopping 10 coins. I plan on getting rich from them. I will draw more as I can.

- player of Berrigan
Re: Demon runestone exchange 09/19/2010 10:21 PM CDT
Evarin has a few known runes at his disposal. I've recently reactivated, though it will be some time before I am up and playing. I'll post what I have then, and will be willing to trade at that time.
Re: Demon runestone exchange 09/19/2010 11:03 PM CDT
>>Evarin has a few known runes at his disposal. I've recently reactivated, though it will be some time before I am up and playing. I'll post what I have then, and will be willing to trade at that time.

Hey, good to see you back.

Peace
Zhelas

(Lord Paladin walks around Droit examining his equipment.)
Lord Paladin: How does he....How does he work?
Re: Demon runestone exchange 09/21/2010 08:28 PM CDT
>Out of curiosity, what happens when a character attempts to learn a 6th? Are they just told 'no' by some messaging?

questions like this really irritate me....

someone teach me a rune already....Oscuro?

~Moredin
Re: Demon runestone exchange 09/21/2010 08:31 PM CDT
>>someone teach me a rune already....Oscuro?

No.

GameMaster Oscuro

Rogue Team
Cleric/Empath Team
Re: Demon runestone exchange 09/21/2010 08:49 PM CDT
I'm not asking because I have too many runes. My sorcerer doesn't have any runes.

I ask because I think it's good to know exactly how something that can permanently remove a character's ability to do anything should be well explained and documented.

Since I can't find it on the official website, I ask here.

Re: Demon runestone exchange 09/21/2010 09:22 PM CDT
whoo hoo I got a response in red!

seriously, that deserves a hoot in these folders.

~Moredin
Re: Demon runestone exchange 09/27/2010 05:31 PM CDT
So does nobody know what happens and how it happens when you use a wyzio rune?

I imagine the player-base that has ever had occasion to use the rune is rather slim, possibly even nonexistant.

Game Masters? Can/will you share about how a wyzio rune works when used?

Re: Demon runestone exchange 09/28/2010 05:51 PM CDT
I did have 5, and when the opportunity came to learn another, I had to choose which to remove. One of them was apparently a prank played upon me, accurately named Suicide.

Uncommon Runes:

- suicide - shien'tyr-aishan - lorae'tyr-verlok
- lorae'tyr-abyran'sa - grik'tyr-imp

My character discovered the Arashan in Plat, so when offered knowledge of the uncommon rune, the GM simply removed the suicide rune for me, so I also do not know how the wy'zio rune works.
Caden \ adam
Re: Demon runestone exchange 10/01/2010 06:57 PM CDT
i never use the test instance of the game....is that like a version of the game where nothing is permanent but you still log in with your existing abilities?

ie like the test version of gs4 before it was released and prime was still technically gs3?

~Moredin
Re: Demon runestone exchange 10/01/2010 07:03 PM CDT
and will you teach me the verlok rune? thats the one I want in particular.

what events did everyone get these runes at? i was only gone a few years.

just a CHANCE that Albright will teach me a rune is the only reason I'm currently aligned with him. I dont really agree with the way he's doing things but yes, I'm power hungry and I want a darned rune! I have ZERO.

if I get one and I'm allowed to teach it, I'm only teaching it to people who dont already have one. with the current population paradigm it doesn't make sense to sequester runes like that

~Moredin
Re: Demon runestone exchange 10/06/2010 10:19 PM CDT
Thanks for having Berrigan put some runestones up in his shop. I picked up his last grik and last arashan runestone - much appreciated since I didn't have either one in the collection. If you put more copies up at some point, I'll be glad to buy them.

You don't need to subsidize my collecting though, so if you want to put some up at LEAST at your cost I'll be sure to buy those and leave the 10 silver ones for people who just want to experiment with and/or get acquainted with the spell or whatever.

I'll keep checking in periodically in case anyone else makes any more available.
Re: Demon runestone exchange 10/06/2010 10:23 PM CDT
I'm curious about the way the wyzio rune works too. If I ever need to use it, I don't want the suspense of wondering if I'm going to lose my favorite rune. I really hope it isn't random and you get to choose. Could one of you GMs please test it out and let us know?
Re: Demon runestone exchange 01/09/2011 01:11 AM CST
rune uncommon

Uncommon Runes:

- shien'tyr-arashan
Re: Demon runestone exchange 01/09/2011 06:43 PM CST
>> - shien'tyr-arashan

Such a seemingly small piece of information generates all kinds of questions...

Can my sorcerer meet your sorcerer?

If I bring you a bunch of prepared runestones, would you be willing to write that on them?

Would you be looking for compensation?

Would you like any of these in trade?
Uncommon Runes:

- shien'tyr-darkling - shien'tyr-aishan - lorae'tyr-grantris
Re: Demon runestone exchange 01/09/2011 07:13 PM CST
Arashan are my favorite demons.
Re: Demon runestone exchange 09/05/2012 11:49 PM CDT
<<Heh, even if you're reading this six months from now I'll still be interested...>>

I am reading this way more than six months from the date of that post, just over two years in fact. If Venrath is even still around...she should come to the Icemule guild tonight around 6pm eastern. Asenora knows lorae'tyr-igaesha and one other, but I can't remember what it is.

We did recently have a rune exchange organized by Apathet, so this may have already been addressed. I have a lot of pages in this topic still to go through.

)O(Mikaela)O(

The plain note reads, "Fishing without Asenora is like not fishing at all."