Learning new Demon Runes 07/03/2015 03:29 PM CDT
So I see on the Wiki page, there's a list of sorcerers who know these runes, and who can teach them.

But I've heard that they either might not have any slots (depending on how they recieved the rune) or that the slots are limited. Not only this, but I recognized a lot of names from 6 years ago or so when we played before coming back this time, and haven't seen these players in game at all under these characters.

What is a sorceress to do to learn new ones?

Angy
Re: Learning new Demon Runes 07/03/2015 03:53 PM CDT
For the last two years, there were bimonthly events that Sorcerers could attend to learn an uncommon rune. That ended recently. See https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Vathon

There is currently no easy way to learn an uncommon rune. As you said, you might find a Sorcerer who has the ability to teach an uncommon rune, but that would be difficult. Most Sorcerers who know an uncommon rune cannot teach it. The are rarely raffles to learn an uncommon rune.

Knowing uncommon runes is a time saver. You can eventually summon the minor demon you want without knowledge of an uncommon rune. Depending on the valence, you have between a 25% and 50% chance of getting the one you want, unless you want abyran'sa (never taught at Vathon's events), where your chances are considerably less than 25%.

In my opinion, the GMs need to find a way to continue distributing knowledge of uncommon demon runes.
Re: Learning new Demon Runes 07/03/2015 04:15 PM CDT
You didn't mention which rune you want to learn. You should post it.
Re: Learning new Demon Runes 07/03/2015 04:28 PM CDT

Uncommon Runes:

- shien'tyr-darkling - shien'tyr-arashan - lorae'tyr-igaesha
- lorae'tyr-abyran'sa - grik'tyr-imp

happy to draw for anyone. Sending an email or lnet chat is fastest.
Re: Learning new Demon Runes 07/03/2015 04:55 PM CDT
<Uncommon Runes:

< - shien'tyr-darkling - shien'tyr-arashan - lorae'tyr-igaesha
< - lorae'tyr-abyran'sa - grik'tyr-imp

<happy to draw for anyone. Sending an email or lnet chat is fastest.

Thanks for answering you guys.

So, you can teach all these runes without any restrictions? I would love to learn them all.

Angy
Re: Learning new Demon Runes 07/03/2015 05:16 PM CDT

>So, you can teach all these runes without any restrictions? I would love to learn them all.

No, I am happy to draw, not teach. When you are taught the only benefit is that you can draw the rune yourself. I am just offering stones of whatever you want. I did everything I could to get people to Lord Vathon to learn runes while he was around.
Re: Learning new Demon Runes 07/03/2015 05:29 PM CDT

< No, I am happy to draw, not teach. When you are taught the only benefit is that you can draw the rune yourself. I am just offering stones of whatever you want. I did everything I could to get people to Lord Vathon to learn runes while he was around.

I really appreciate that. I would like to learn them myself. I honestly don't see the point of having them be available if the GM's arent going to allow them to be taught or learned. That seems....ridiculous to me, but.....

If nothing else, I will see about getting some from you, that are pre-drawn.

One of my problems is that I've taken a six year hiatus from GS and am just now returning the last few months, so things like not being able to learn uncommon runes is very new to me.

Angy
Re: Learning new Demon Runes 07/03/2015 05:33 PM CDT

>I honestly don't see the point of having them be available if the GM's arent going to allow them to be taught or learned. That seems....ridiculous to me, but.....

yes it's an old issue that's pretty much a dead horse. Since it hasn't been that long since Lord Vathon's distributions though, it shouldn't be hard to find the stones you need. Drawing your own stones don't let you summon any easier, and if you use a vakra, a demon can last a long time. I keep a single one for weeks at a time.
Re: Learning new Demon Runes 07/03/2015 06:38 PM CDT

<yes it's an old issue that's pretty much a dead horse. Since it hasn't been that long since Lord Vathon's distributions though, it shouldn't be hard to find the stones you need. Drawing your own stones don't let you summon any easier, and if you use a vakra, a demon can last a long time. I keep a single one for weeks at a time.

Don't worry, I wont try to ride that dead horse, I promise.

Do people put the runes up for sale in their player shops? If not, I'd love to have you make some for me, if you don't mind. I won't have you make all of them, but I'll check and see what I really really want :)

Angy
Re: Learning new Demon Runes 07/04/2015 08:57 AM CDT
You should look into the skill needed some summon some of those demons too. Not sure of your level or training but you might not even be able to use them successfully.
Re: Learning new Demon Runes 07/04/2015 02:11 PM CDT

<You should look into the skill needed some summon some of those demons too. Not sure of your level or training but you might not even be able to use them successfully.

LAWLZ

Thanks!

Angy
Re: Learning new Demon Runes 07/04/2015 02:30 PM CDT
We have some changes planned for Demonologist, and those who dedicate themselves to the art will be greatly pleased.

It's going to be a good summer...

GameMaster Estild
Re: Learning new Demon Runes 07/04/2015 02:55 PM CDT
>We have some changes planned for Demonologist, and those who dedicate themselves to the art will be greatly pleased.

https://youtu.be/8iwBM_YB1sE
Re: Learning new Demon Runes 07/04/2015 03:49 PM CDT

Im disappointed, I can't have a GIF work on here.

>We have some changes planned for Demonologist, and those who dedicate themselves to the art will be greatly pleased.

>It's going to be a good summer...

>GameMaster Estild

http://gph.is/18SvCic
Re: Learning new Demon Runes 07/04/2015 04:45 PM CDT
>>We have some changes planned for Demonologist, and those who dedicate themselves to the art will be greatly pleased.

That's wonderful news!

http://i.imgur.com/tBOixGV.gifv
Re: Learning new Demon Runes 07/04/2015 05:27 PM CDT
Woot! I cant wait. Iv been really trying to figure out a reason to not train in necro lore.

Player of Malisai

Winterberry goes in both hands.

~ X., Free the Fifth

Yanso says, "Everyone offer thanks to the healthy looking lass and the most famous sorcerer or all time for finding these magical flowers."
Re: Learning new Demon Runes 07/04/2015 05:36 PM CDT
Player of Malisai
Woot! I cant wait. Iv been really trying to figure out a reason to not train in necro lore.

Oh, it won't be that easy. Necromancers won't be left out.

https://goo.gl/fCYwT3

Let's reconvene next Sunday...

GameMaster Estild
Re: Learning new Demon Runes 07/04/2015 05:44 PM CDT
Thanks!

I guess what I had meant is that generally, there is no reason to go beyond 1x in either sorcerer lore, hopefully this will have some incentive to encourage people to fully 2x in one.

Also everyone heard it, sorcerer lore releases this sunday.

Player of Malisai

Winterberry goes in both hands.

~ X., Free the Fifth

Yanso says, "Everyone offer thanks to the healthy looking lass and the most famous sorcerer or all time for finding these magical flowers."
Re: Learning new Demon Runes 07/05/2015 03:58 AM CDT
I'm also happy to draw you any runes you may need (though uh, let's assume you are wanting Lorae'Tyr runes if you are asking Kaldonis):

Uncommon Runes:
- shien'tyr-shien - lorae'tyr-verlok - lorae'tyr-igaesha
- lorae'tyr-grantris - lorae'tyr-abyran'sa

The gswiki pages are probably not very up to date anymore, since GM-Q, aka Lord Vathon, was doing a lot of rune-teaching events the last several years. All those events did not come with the ability to teach the runes to another, though. The only time I had that option was at RtCF (a big pay-for festival with limited tickets); and often in those cases, the people who win will trade their rune-teachings with others that are present.

When uncommon teaching rolls around again, I'll probably also forget the only non-Lorae'Tyr rune I still know to learn something else from Lorae'Tyr (though I'd like a specialized verlok rune mostly, which I don't think exist at present).

w00t! I haven't been playing my sorcerer too much lately (nor the game at all the last weeks owing to work), but this is very enticing information!

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: Learning new Demon Runes 07/05/2015 02:38 PM CDT
>Oh, it won't be that easy. Necromancers won't be left out.

Oh, man. I wasn't planning on going back to 2x lore for a couple dozen more levels!

- Xorus' player

http://commentphotos.com/gallery/CommentPhotos.com_1407266415.jpg

>Varevice says, "Marlu is a nasty fellow that I believe we'll start learning a lot more about as demonic summoning is implemented...."
>Varevice says, "And hush, it will too be."
>Varevice winks.