Erasing Circles / Closing Rifts? 03/10/2013 09:13 AM CDT
Simple question, pretty much as in the subject line.

In one case, I had more people to take than my training allows for a single rift, and I wanted to pre-maturely close it. I waited the 1 minute for auto-closing.

What about a mistake with a summoning circle? (Actually my front end somehow magically sent "draw pattern 9" when I pressed 'alt+tab' yesterday...and I have no drawing macros or scripts...weird bug, whatever.) We tried lots of amusing things, but in the end I open a rift to the place I didn't want to go, waited for it to close, and made a new circle. I could have gone to another room of course, but some other people were having fun helping me try (casting Breeze, dumping ale on it, I was stomping on it and rolling around inside it, after trying all verbs that were obvious to me, and many different spells to close it).

Can anyone help me here for the future?

~daid (player of Kaldonis)
Re: Erasing Circles / Closing Rifts? 03/10/2013 09:18 AM CDT

was walking one room over not an option?
Re: Erasing Circles / Closing Rifts? 03/10/2013 12:11 PM CDT
Usually a mechanical choice, moving. Not a good RP one, as pointed out.

I like the idea of being able to reset one's work by erasing a part of the circle. And I definitely feel that a rift controlled by a sorcerer should be controlled by the sorcerer -- open and close.

Doug
Re: Erasing Circles / Closing Rifts? 03/10/2013 12:18 PM CDT
The DISMISS verb would seem the natural choice for erasing circles or closing rifts. This would be a very helpful improvement.

~ Heathyr and friends