Igaesha Improvement Suggestion 01/10/2013 06:32 PM CST
I think most sorcerers would agree that the igaesha is one of the worst demons out there. While it can hold mana and silver unlike the aishan, it is average with mana and horrendous with silvers. Its special ability is to eat things that other demons won't eat . . . uhh, we have illusion void and 705 for that, not to mention the fact that it breaks illusions. So while the aishan may be the least mechanically functional, it has nice special abilities, like insta-guard and finding hidden people.

This leaves the igaesha in a niche where it really has no specialty. In fact, I would say the only reason most sorcerers would want to summon an igaesha in the first place is so they can master illusions, and then never again!

So, my suggestion.

I've been inspired by the arashan's ability to control webs. Why not allow the igaesha a similar power, but with clouds? Gas clouds, death clouds, Summon Lightning clouds . . . whatever falls under the category and the discretion of the GMs. For instance:

>TELL HAZE TO CONTROL CLOUD.
At your behest, an aquamarine haze floats towards a gas cloud. With no hesitation at all, it plunges itself into the cloud, mingling its own vapors with that of the cloud. After a moment of this, the aquamarine haze withdraws from the gas cloud, and you sense a distinct change in its makeup!

Gas cloud proceeds to blast a grey orc into oblivion.

That said, I think this is SLIGHTLY more powerful than the webs, so how about it goes like this:

Controlling a cloud takes an equal number of ranks of Demonology as the level of the caster, and grants 100% chance of success. However, if the caster has less than 1x the casters level, but at least half the caster's level . . .

>TELL HAZE TO CONTROL CLOUD.
At your behest, an aquamarine haze floats towards a gas cloud. With no hesitation at all, it plunges itself into the cloud, mingling its own vapors with that of the cloud. Something begins to go wrong in the gas cloud as your haze interferes with it, and it begins to dissipate, leaving your aquamarine haze floating as if nothing had happened.

So you can dispel the cloud if you have .5x the casters ranks. If you have less, then the attempt fails. Mana cost would be akin the the Arashan web control mana cost, unless it only dispels, in which case it would be half the mana cost.

Thoughts?

>Barnom says, "Like sage and nutmeg."
Re: Igaesha Improvement Suggestion 01/10/2013 06:51 PM CST

that would be pretty sweet
Re: Igaesha Improvement Suggestion 01/10/2013 07:03 PM CST
That would be even more useful than the arashan web control ability, because a lot more critters cast clouds than webs.
Re: Igaesha Improvement Suggestion 01/10/2013 07:16 PM CST
<<<I've been inspired by the arashan's ability to control webs. Why not allow the igaesha a similar power, but with clouds? >>>

I think it's a wonderful idea, and fitting with the nature of the demon.

I have to disagree with your dismal analysis of the igaesha, however. I actually use them all the time. True, they're mediocre in most respects. Mana sharing? Adequate. Carrying coins? So-so. Picking up objects? Poor. Scouting? Slow. But this?

It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...

You mentally give a sigh of relief as you remember that the Goddess Lorminstra owes you a favor.

...departing in 10 mins...

A large black vulture arrives.

Priceless. :)

~ Heathyr