Demon RP Verbs - Question for GMs 09/06/2012 09:38 PM CDT
Hey there all you NiR folks. I've been doing research on Demon RP verbs, and also perusing archived posts of more of the same. That said, my results are leaving me feeling like I am missing something. Is it possible to chime in with a list of the RP verbs for each demon? If not, can you tell me if I'm missing any from the demons I have logged?

Aishan (6) - Almost sure I have them all.
STARE
GAZE
SNAP
GLANCE
RUB
CLENCH

Shien (3) - I feel like I am missing something here.
SLAP
CLENCH/POKE/PUSH/RUB/TOUCH (all do the same thing)
STARE/GAZE (both do the same thing)

Arashan (3) - Same as before, seems like I am missing something.
SNAP
PET/TOUCH (same thing)
EXHALE

Imp (3) - Same
WAVE
SLAP
STARE

Grik (3) - Same, and this absurdly niche POUR verb discovered by Evarin is what makes me think there are lurking verbs on other demons
TOUCH
SLAP
POUR (liquid)

Abyran (5) - Seems I might be done, but not entirely sure. Worth noting that none of these work while Illusioned at all.
POINT
PUSH
SLAP
WAVE
SNAP

Verlok (4) - Missing 1 or 2 maybe.
POKE
SNAP
STARE
TOUCH

Grantris (2) - This can't be all their is. I know years ago, Jenovadeath found one with a verb script. I found another with a second.
RUB
NUDGE

Igaesha (1?) - This one is the kicker. We've found ONE verb, which very subtle messaging, and thats it. Gotta be more?
STARE/GAZE/SQUINT

So basically, it would be nice if someone could supply all of the verbs, but if thats not too much to ask, a count of how many verbs each demon has, so I can know if I need to stop looking. A wild goose chase is all fun and games until you find out the goose went home ours ago and you are staring at an igaesha trying to make it quack.
Re: Demon RP Verbs - Question for GMs 09/07/2012 07:28 AM CDT
According to my notes, Dismiss works on the grantris.
Re: Demon RP Verbs - Question for GMs 09/07/2012 07:33 AM CDT
>>dismiss grant
>You wave a dismissive gesture at your pink-eyed grantris which leaves your sight somewhere behind you.

My hero. Cool, one more down!
Re: Demon RP Verbs - Question for GMs 09/07/2012 11:14 AM CDT
<<A wild goose chase is all fun and games until you find out the goose went home hours ago and you are staring at an igaesha trying to make it quack.>>

I know when I saw this and it made me giggly, I'd had enough of illusions for one day:
>A small ashen grey hawk cocks its head for a moment at a small ashen grey hawk.

Yes, those are two igaesha having been illusioned coincidentally at the same time. Talk about comedic timing. I think igaesha are only good for a laugh. I always think of Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh whenever I see the cloud of smoke or fog: "It's just a little black rain cloud."

Anyhow, here are some idle messaging I collected for the igaesha, but you may already have them:

While illusioned

>A large black vulture cocks its head for a moment at you. A faint shiver caresses your skin, though you can't be sure why.

>A large black vulture lands, preens down its feathers, and flaps heavily back into the air.

>A large black vulture flies in a circular pattern.

>A large black vulture flies past, completing a broad clockwise circle.
(You know about Asenora's observation concerning its float pattern while illusioned vs. unillusioned.)

>A large black vulture lands, ruffles all its feathers out to give it the largest possible appearance, and flaps heavily back into the air.

>A large black vulture flies past you without seeming to notice you.

>A large black vulture flaps its wings and gains a bit of altitude.

I am only assuming that the messaging is the same regardless of the type of bird the igaesha becomes while cloaked.

Unillusioned

>A cloud of light blue smoke slowly attenuates into a long stream of mist that spirals around Arcane Master Varka before flowing away and coalescing into a cloud again.

>A cloud of light blue smoke swirls slowly in a counterclockwise direction.
(It's going in a different direction! Curious...)

>A cloud of light blue smoke expands its form slightly.

>A cloud of light blue smoke swirls in a slow, regular pattern that seems directed at .
(Broken message. Who was it aiming for?)

>A cloud of silver fog slowly attenuates into a long stream of mist that spirals around a cloud of light blue smoke before flowing away and coalescing into a cloud again.
(Another igaesha action that had me laughing out loud. They can float through each other! That just raises all sorts of questions.)

>A cloud of light blue smoke drifts quickly through your body causing an unpleasant tingling sensation. The smoke didn't even seem to notice you were in its way.
(I think you already recorded this?)

The one aishan idle message that I managed to record:
>The aishan hovers protectively by Aloana's side, baring its oversized teeth at nothing in particular.

Thanks for doing this, it will provide an excellent reference for players wanting an in-depth look at creating a demonologist.

)O(Mikaela)O(

The plain note reads, "Fishing without Asenora is like not fishing at all."
Re: Demon RP Verbs - Question for GMs 09/07/2012 12:32 PM CDT
When I am more satisfied with my collection, I will be posting a HUGE compilation on Krakiipedia, along with the full verb messaging for each demon. For now, its best to keep collecting. Would like to try and get unillusioned messaging for all demons EATing and also attacking pickpockets as well.
Re: Demon RP Verbs - Question for GMs 09/08/2012 08:26 PM CDT
You had most of them...

Abyran - Add NOD
Verlok - Add LAUGH, DISMISS
Grantris - Add CHANT, GLARE, STARE, DISMISS
Igaesha - There are two groups of verbs, a TOUCH one and a GAZE one. Neither are very interesting, though. I mean, you're trying to interact with a foggy mist.

GameMaster Oscuro
Re: Demon RP Verbs - Question for GMs 09/08/2012 09:04 PM CDT
THANK YOU!

Going to test these out now.
Re: Demon RP Verbs - Question for GMs 09/08/2012 09:19 PM CDT
>GRANTRIS - Add CHANT, GLARE, STARE, DISMISS

>stare grant
You stare incredulously at a midnight blue orange-eyed grantris, wondering how it has been allowed to remotely be in your presence.
>stare set standard
STARE option set.
>stare grant
You stare at a midnight blue orange-eyed grantris.

Neither my dark elven stare or my standard stare got anything out of him, either illusioned or otherwise. Not complaining, CHANT and GLARE are excellent. A mistake in there? Or is it 3rd person only?
Re: Demon RP Verbs - Question for GMs 09/08/2012 10:10 PM CDT
>>A mistake in there?

Yeah, sorry, should be SWEAR, not STARE.

GameMaster Oscuro
Re: Demon RP Verbs - Question for GMs 09/08/2012 10:46 PM CDT
*gets 4 grantris in a row of Lorae'tyr runestone, dismiss all looking for Verlok and Abyran*
*Oscuro posts new Verb*
*0% chance of getting Grantris from here on in*
Re: Demon RP Verbs - Question for GMs 09/08/2012 11:11 PM CDT
You notice #### reach into your pockets and remove nothing.
You turn quickly and grab ####'s wrist, but she had nothing in her hand.
A sluggish matte black arashan notices #### reach suspiciously close to your pockets, and it responds by setting its facial tentacles to work, speedily weaving together a mass of sticky black thread which it spits at her hand.
... 20 points of damage!
Right hand slammed. Finger broken!
She is stunned!
The chaotic black webbing splashes up ####'s arm and nearly covers her entire body!

from the thief:

>steal aller
You fail to gain sufficient advantage to pick her pocket.
Allereli notices your actions and turns suddenly, grasping at your wrist!!
A sluggish matte black arashan notices you reach suspiciously close to Allereli's pockets, and it responds by setting its facial tentacles to work, speedily weaving together a mass of sticky black thread which it spits at your hand.
... 20 points of damage!
Right hand slammed. Finger broken!
You are stunned for 1 round!
The chaotic black webbing splashes up your arm and nearly covers your entire body!
Demon RP Verbs: Complete List! 09/09/2012 01:12 AM CDT
Alright, after some trial and error, some verb scripts, hours upon hours of summoning, and a bit of help from Oscuro, here we have it!

Abyran: None of these verbs work for the illusioned version!
>NOD - You give the abyran'sa a quick nod. It approaches and flows gracefully about you, shadowing your every move.
>POINT - You crook your finger meaningfully at the abyran'sa. Its serpentine face registers a brief flash of hatred before it approaches and draws up before you with its eyes averted in a show of humility.
>PUSH - You push an outstretched hand towards the ground in front of the smoky amber abyran'sa. It slowly and begrudgingly lowers itself into a prone position, glaring at you with unmistakable loathing.
>SLAP - You step forward and give the abyran'sa a stinging backhanded slap across the face. It draws quickly backwards, balancing on the tip of its tail and hissing warnings at you in a harsh alien tongue.
>SNAP - You snap your fingers briskly at the abyran'sa. It takes up a clearly guarded posture, claws and tail swinging easily about its compressed form.
>WAVE - You wave your hand across the abyran'sa's form. It emits a short hiss and begins to change colors, blending into the nearby surroundings with uncanny effectiveness.

Aishan: All of these verbs work on illusioned Aishan's except GAZE and RUB.
>CLENCH - Anger seizes your expression as you reach down and grab the aishan by the ruff of its fur, grasping it forcibly. The aishan looks up at you fearfully, and a sharp yelp escapes from its oversized maw.
>GAZE (#5 of 6, there are 6 different versions) - You look over at the aishan, and it turns its gaze upon you. You see yourself reflected in its eyes. The image is a perfect replica of your face, but your expression appears fixed in a garish smile. Slowly your face drops out of view, revealing a disfigured humanoid smiling cruelly beneath it. Bile works its way up your throat as you realize the creature has attached your skin to a stick as a crude mask. Swallowing the bile back down, you turn away quickly. The nausea eventually fades, but the image in your mind lingers a while longer.
>GLANCE - You glance at the aishan and incline your head slightly. The aishan licks its lips, causing a small bit of drool pooling in its mouth to spill onto the ground. An acrid odor wafts up from where it landed, and the aishan begins panting heavily.
>RUB - You run your hand over the aishan's coarse fur, but your fingertips pass through it as though there were nothing there at all. The aishan looks over devotedly for a moment before resuming a blank stare ahead.
>SNAP - You snap your fingers, and the aishan moves to your side obediently, its bulky musculature shifting oddly beneath its rippling coat.
>STARE - Narrowing your eyes dangerously, you cast an irritated look at the aishan. It whimpers timidly, and its entire body trembles in response.

Arashan: Only SNAP works on an illusioned Arashan.
>EXHALE - You slowly and deliberately empty your filled lungs in the direction of a jittery coppery brown arashan. Its wiry coppery brown hair becomes a flurry of movement as it detects your breath.
>PET/TOUCH - You move your hand to touch the arashan's wiry shadowy black hair, but as your fingertips approach it, the hairs begin to twitch and feel around, lightly scratching against your hand.
>SNAP - You snap your fingers at a lazy shadowy black arashan beckoning it. The arashan grudgingly crawls to your side and stares at you with an eyeless face.

Grantris: All verbs work on the illusioned Grantris except CHANT.
>CHANT - Chanting archaicly to your grantris, it responds in harmony to the cadence in your voice.
>DISMISS - You wave a dismissive gesture at your pink-eyed grantris which leaves your sight somewhere behind you.
>GLARE - Giving a purposeful glare at the grantris, you summon it to your side.
>NUDGE - In an attempt to coax the grantris out of hiding, you give it a firm but gentle nudge.
>RUB - You pet the grey-eyed grantris on the back, causing its hairs to bristle softly.
>SWEAR - Completely dissatisfied with your coppery-eyed grantris, you begin to curse its being before abruptly stopping in fear it may break its bond.

Grik:All verbs work on the illusioned Grik.
>POUR (liquid) - As you raise the tincture of sovyn over the reddish-orange grik'tval, the grik'tval spreads its wings and flutters them in incredible alarm, and you feel it fighting madly to break free of your control. It only calms again when you lower the sovyn without pouring it. (credit to Evarin for this absurdly niche verb)
>SLAP - As you gesture threateningly at the reddish-orange grik'tval, it cowers backward in terror, spreads its wings wide, and prostrates itself on the ground. (becomes prone)
>TOUCH - The grik'tval submits to your touch without complaint, though its wings shiver unhappily. Its skin is remarkably dry, with a smooth texture that is almost silky.

Igaesha: STARE verbset seems to work on illusioned Igaesha, the TOUCH verbset does not.
>STARE/GAZE/QUINT - You stare at a cloud of pale grey fog. The fog doesn't seem to notice, or, if it does, you can't tell.
>TOUCH (and others) - The pale green vapor seems a bit too insubstantial for that.

Imp: All verbs work on the illusioned Imp, though the messaging is significantly different.
>SLAP - Sensing your hostile intentions, the imp cowers away from you, and a sudden breeze stirs around it. As the breeze pulses outward toward you, you hear a multitude of agitated, unintelligible voices, and the voices rise to a painfully cacophonous pitch. As you reel from the sonic assault, the imp bounds away to cower at a safe distance from you.
Roundtime: 5 seconds.
>STARE - You catch and hold the imp's gaze with your own. As you stare into the imp's eyes, its features shift to match yours, providing you briefly with a mirror image before the marbled white imp's concentration is broken and it reverts to its normal appearance.
>WAVE - You beckon to a lean marbled white imp. The marbled white imp hurries over to your side and waits for your command.

Shien: I did not have any of these verbs recorded for the illusioned Shien, but I may be remembering incorrectly.
>CLENCH/POKE/PUSH/RUB/TOUCH - Your hand sinks through the layer of haze surrounding the dark black darkling. Although you know you have touched the darkling, you cannot feel anything except for a peculiar, distinctly unpleasant tingling. The tingling fades when you withdraw your hand.
>SLAP - You move toward an indistinct dark black darkling in a threatening fashion. The dark black darkling doesn't even seem to notice.
>STARE/GAZE - You stare/gaze at an indistinct dark black darkling. The darkling doesn't respond in any way.

Verlok: All verbs work on illusioned Verlok except for DISMISS
>DISMISS - The verlok'asha approaches you head on, then slows its momentum to a hover with strong backward beats of its softly glowing wings. It locks both its eyes with yours then lowers its head to its metal framed chest and then turns away, abashed.
>LAUGH - As you laugh at the verlok'asha, a squawking chuckle erupts from the verlok'asha's maw in mocking imitation.
>POKE - As you gesture, the verlok'cina suddenly stops what it was doing and begins to minutely examine its surroundings for any threat.
>SNAP - At the snap of your fingers the verlok'cina turns suddenly and flies straight toward you, focusing all its attention on you.
>STARE - As you stare into the faceted jewels of the verlok'cina's eyes it hovers for a moment, its intelligent, unblinking gaze meeting your own.
>TOUCH - The verlok'cina approaches your outstretched hand, then deftly turns away at the last instant, brushing you softly with its magically suspended feathers.
Re: Demon RP Verbs: Complete List! 09/09/2012 07:57 AM CDT

Thanks for the work on this! That's a post to save.
Re: Demon RP Verbs: Complete List! 09/10/2012 07:25 PM CDT

make sure to post to krakii and the PC so a search in the future can find it.
Re: Demon RP Verbs: Complete List! 09/10/2012 08:27 PM CDT
>make sure to post to krakii and the PC so a search in the future can find it.

Yeah, working my way through them on Krakii, individually posting to each demon.

Will do PC when I have a more comprehensive list of messaging.